Chateau Diaries #109 Capability Brown meets Incapability Jarvis.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I suspect TeaBag isn't the type to keep up on his immunizations, as this is why it is recommended to get a tetanus shot every 10 years- you get cut by something unsanitary and it can turn into something nasty quite quickly. (I did not watch the video, but I highly doubt he immediately went indoors to wash the wound out with soap, disinfect it with rubbing alcohol, cover it in NeoSporin and bandage it- Pa probably told him to suck it up and rub some dirt into it.) When a doctor suspects someone may have Tetanus, they may perform a brain scan depending on the symptoms to ensure the bacteria has not traveled to the brain. I have no idea of that is what he is even being seen for, but it would make sense. Unfortunately, there is no cure for Tetanus- it has to run its course (which is about 2 weeks), drugs have to be administered to regulate it and can take about a month to recover. It can be deadly if not treated properly.

Public Service Announcement: If you've not had a Tetanus jab in the past 10 years, PLEASE get one!
Now the lock jaw from untreated tetnus might be a blessing for some of us!😮😳.
Did I just say that???
Well spank my butt and call me Alice!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
So long as he's ok. I'm kind of fond of a lot of you and I notice when someone is MIA.

Speaking of new material, there was a new cadeau today that I couldn't bring myself to finish!
I watched at 2x speed. It is so much more entertaining that way. That laugh of hers is the best at double speed.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Its bloody hot here at the moment ... around 33c and it will get hotter in the late afternoon..... I was feeling a bit "pekey" but you gave me a great laugh imagining him up there with a sherry and not much hair !
@Pekey, I will send you some of our frigid Florida weather- it is odd to think that just a few weeks ago, the days were 30C, and a few days ago, a cold front came through for holiday and I awoke to temps of 3C this morning! There was "smoke" coming from the pool and off of the harbour in the back yard this morning, as the water temps were warmer than that of the air. I had to actually wear pants, a jumper, and a coat when I left the house today- also, shoes that were not sandals! Last night was the first time in a year I've had to program the Nest to deploy the Heat function- Alexa thinks we don't need heat, so I had to attempt to manually change the temperature. Apparently, the Nest too is rebelling against the humans, as I awoke to the house at 17C vice the 21C I set it at. Winter in the US is crap.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I like how he tried hard to fit his hand with IV in the picture.... :rolleyes:
Seems like I missed out on a whole bunch of photo ops this past month!
There had to be a filter on that hospital picture…no bags under his eyes! The IV was probably for fluids…dehydration.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
If I could swap out weather with you I would! We're due snow Friday & Saturday with overnight & daytime temperatures below freezing. Fingers crossed you get a bit of respite from the heatwave this week. 😘
I think we could share the weather Ann G .... one day mine .... next yours! :ROFLMAO:
I do feel the cold but not going under 25c at night is hard to sleep!

While some find the Fleuries dull, I enjoy their vlogs, as they work together, get things done properly in an order that makes sense, and prioritize their projects and stick to budget without being ostentatious. I am looking forward to the kitchen reveal after it is done.
I used to find them annoying for some reason but I have changed and its because , like you said, they get things done and in a correct fashion!
I do enjoy their channel again .

What am I? Chopped liver!
I am Dr. Know.
You know.
Oooooo....... always nice to get a second opinion!!! Don't throw rocks at me Dr. Know ! 🚑🚑🚑

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I think we could share the weather Ann G .... one day mine .... next yours! :ROFLMAO:
I do feel the cold but not going under 25c at night is hard to sleep!

I used to find them annoying for some reason but I have changed and its because , like you said, they get things done and in a correct fashion!
I do enjoy their channel again .

Oooooo....... always nice to get a second opinion!!! Don't throw rocks at me Dr. Know ! 🚑🚑🚑
Ha! I like my new name you gave me!😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
@Pekey, I will send you some of our frigid Florida weather- it is odd to think that just a few weeks ago, the days were 30C, and a few days ago, a cold front came through for holiday and I awoke to temps of 3C this morning!
Oh T Rex...... send your cold front and make sure it has rain as well ..... its dry as anything here too!
I wonder how Squirrel is feeling the heat in SA?
Have they gone on Safari yet???

• Heart
Well I guess it's time for our fan fiction contingent to start putting finger to keyboard and write MPK's script for him as to why he's laid up in a hospital with a UV drip.
We all know what’s on the other end of MPK’s IV, right?
8037FD33-E234-4F40-B3E4-496B41C824D6.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
BJJ fans saying he's using music like Dans vlogs in his SA junk shop haul, well of course he has to copy as he has no original ideas of his own. Oh he aso tells them his hair is tied in a bun (a copy of Am friend of Dan)... I tell you.

Did anyone see the state of Teabags right hand (opposite to IV dip hand on insta) last week when inspecting the stable statue finds with Billster, I don't know what he had done but did not look good, or healthy.
Looks like he's cut it or crushed it. Can't hurt too much as he is gesturing with that hand.

Reactions: 10
That is sweet of you Le Baiseur .... people here are wonderful and very kind to each other.

Oh..... I fast forwarded that Gift Grab...... honestly its so boring and shocking!!! The woman needs to stop it for many reasons!!!
Yes they need to stop because they are really boring! Of course because they are morally wrong too!
In the early days I liked them because I always find it hard to pick out gifts, and they gave me some ideas. But now it's just the boring letter and gifts, or the over the top ones that Fanny has probably bought herself.

PS thunder here summer might be on the wane

Gosh I would hate to try to transport it back to the Chateau ..... excess $$$ baggage??? Lot of weight there.
If they have gone business class they will have plenty of luggage allowance. Last time I did I was allowed 2 x 32kg bags plus 8kg carry on, plus large purse and laptop bag. I actually did bring some plates home (just ikea ones) as we don't have ikea in NZ. I wanted 10 plates so my husband got 20 in case some broke, but they all made it home! I know that seems silly but at the time I was having problems with my hands dropping heavy plates. Light plates here were $5 a piece, at ikea they were 99cents.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Or maybe… Do they have those new IV hangover cure places in a France?
Good Point!
We have a few places in Vancouver… I’ve been to this one a couple of times. It’s a magical hangover cure after a night of partying 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Or maybe… Do they have those new IV hangover cure places in a France?
I wonder if he had a seizure from drinking too much, or maybe from trying to detox on his own .... alcohol is the post dangerous thing to detox from. This might explain the need for checking out his brain.

• Sad
Perhaps IJ's hoping he'll just leave it at her house in SA...you know that's not going to be his last shopping excursion. Since the shop owner told him that the couple she was selling the crystal for was downsizing, I'm betting we'll see him pick up more pieces for his new found collection of Waterford crystal before the dynamic duo heads back to the farmhouse. To be honest, if I were in a shop with that much old Waterford with the original boxes, I'd snap it up as well. :)

Agreed, I'm looking forward to seeing the new kitchen too...I really enjoy watching them. They have a great dynamic and it's refreshing to see them complete the jobs they start out to do. If they're not capable on their own, they have no qualms about hiring properly trained and professional help when necessary...it's nice watching responsible adulting. They know how to prioritize properly and don't spend money foolishly, unlike the lady of the farmhouse whose show can promote anxiety....these two are easy to watch and I love seeing their property come together. It was pretty funny when Philipp said he wanted a donkey and then Anna replied that she'd be the one to end up taking care of it...I think she's right. ;)
Also they don't mind showing when they muck up, like we all do sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ohh ffffffsake
METHERICK on Tour

2019 - buy me a laptop 💻
2020 - renovate my pad
2020 - Desolation my lost art
2021 - yo witches what’s up
The Madrid tour
2021 - yo patron I’m broke
2021 - grinder on Tour - reprised
2022 - the trolly dolly tour

Remember
been a patron is not just for Christmas

It’s life ….. Micheal Petherick 2022
View attachment 1013384
😈
I know I am an incorrigible softy...and I am heading to hospital next week myself, so I am fully prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt, and wish him well! (I won't be posting a selfie, though! :rolleyes: But I might get my hair done anyway! :giggle: )

Now the lock jaw from untreated tetnus might be a blessing for some of us!😮😳.
Did I just say that???
Well spank my butt and call me Alice!
Now, now, Mr. @Arfarf ! Be careful, be very careful! Do not use my name Alice in vain! I have friends in high places! :m :m :m(CCed to @MojoDublin fyi!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.