Chateau Diaries #109 Capability Brown meets Incapability Jarvis.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @john eccles Title thread winner. :m:m:m

MojoDublin
VIP Member

Yesterday at 9:58 AM
john eccles said:
Capability Brown meets Incapability Jarvis.
Title thread 🧵
Author ✍ @john eccles

Capability Brown meets Incapability Jarvis.

Reactions:FancyFace, Auntie Mame, MagpieSassyPants and 36 others

Most Liked Previous thread

@The Lickety Split

Friday at 2:42 PM
Well.

So, I've stumbled across this site by accident and realised this was the so-called hate site the MP called out in his vlog. I started reading it out of curiosity and for the past month or so, I have to say, I found the gossip here is far more entertaining than watching The Chateau Diaries.

Full disclosure, I don't watch TCD. I find the vlogs dull and aimless. There's no...entertainment factor. It's just a person bringing their phone around with them constantly and filming everything. Just because SJ vlogs...doesn't actually mean there's anything worth vlogging. The Pethricks have the same problem. I watch youtube to be entertained. And watching people going about their daily lives is not entertaining, at all.

Anyway, all this brings me to the reason why I'm posting today (my original plan was to lurk forever. Oh well). I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but as of today, the Fleuries have passed SJ in subscriber count.

Ever since the BBC published the article about French chateau owners using Youtube to pay for their chateau, SJ has gained 3K subscribers and the Fleuries...have gained 46K. And, they're still going. In fact, I've started noticing the Fleuries gaining more views and subscribers in the last week or so. You'd almost say they're going semi-viral. Their 2 years looking back video has gone past 1 million views and, in comparison, SJ's 'How Youtube is renovating my chateau' is sitting at 158K.

So why are the two channels, both chateau channels, and both featured on the BBC article, having such different responses? Well, if you asked me, one has content and actual direction in the vlogs (however boring the Fleuries may be) and the other is kinda aimless, plotless and pointless. When I bake a cake, however long the process, at the end, I want to be able to eat a cake. Watching SJ's vlog doesn't make me feel like I'm getting a cake.

Uh, anyway, enough talking about cake....back to the original question that sparked this post.

There's been a lot of discussion about SJ getting her comeuppance - losing her patrons, the scales falling off the eyes of her fans or the tax man come collecting. I had a thought, what if it's none of the above? What if her viewers and patrons simply...lose interest? Will her superfans and patrons hold on until the end of time? Or will they gradually lose interest as they realise that every video is just life, love and laughter on repeat?

(On the side note, as I was typing this, I realised the BBC didn't use the title 'Save their chateau' as SJ does but rather, they say 'to pay for their chateau'. I think they see past the bullshit, just like Tattlers do.)

Reactions:You, Freesia54, StephaniesSupportConsort and 77 others

@Marquis de Potpourri
VIP Member

Friday at 4:20 AM
O MY GOSH! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
selmar5.png

JUST KIDDING! IT'S A PIPE DREAM.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! :LOL: ✌ 💥
SORRY, UNICORNS.

Last edited: Friday at 4:27 AM
Reactions:You, StephaniesSupportConsort, Chilimango and 60 others

@Clara Burnett
VIP Member

Friday at 7:27 AM
This clean out is such a farce. At one point SJ states mirrored tiles haven't been used in 16 years so they need to be binned, and yet she decides to keep a crappy tv of no design importance, wood covings, which she thinks she'll cast new cornices from (yeah right), suspected billiard table legs to build a new table for the attic (get real), amongst many other flights of fancy. Launch it all out the window, maybe Phyllis will be listening to his new squirrel CD on a walkman below... I jest.
A farce indeed. Before she started filming this episode they carefully removed all tat SJ previously received on her grab-channel from creative super fans and filled up the big garbage bins outside with it. SJ was quiet pleased with herself for preventing us from spotting recognizable items, thinking for once she was ahead of the game.

Reactions:You, Shannaswood, JumpingJacks and 55 others

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
He looked healthier in that picture than he has done for a while!
Honestly, that’s the truth! I was thinking the same thing! He said he got a brain scan…I knew he need to get his head examined! Sorry if I sound callous…but MPK has a way with manipulation. I’m taking this hospital picture with a grain of salt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Thanks for the new thread @MojoDublin, congrats on the thread title @john eccles

I was at Phyllis' premiere countdown, then I took a huge sigh and said NOPE! ( I will watch it on 2x when it's done...)

I wonder what Michael has gotten himself into now... I do agree with others here. I am curiously waiting for him to make another cry-me-a-river vlog blaming Tattlers (again!).

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Thanks for the new thread @MojoDublin, congrats on the thread title @john eccles

I was at Phyllis' premiere countdown, then I took a huge sigh and said NOPE! ( I will watch it on 2x when it's done...)

I wonder what Michael has gotten himself into now... I do agree with others here. I am curiously waiting for him to make another cry-me-a-river vlog blaming Tattlers (again!).
Yes, he’ll blame this site…with the unintended consequence of sending more people here! And opening more eyes. After the disaster that was 2021, I’m sure whatever he’s cooking up as an excuse will be a whopper.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ohh ffffffsake
METHERICK on Tour

2019 - buy me a laptop 💻
2020 - renovate my pad
2020 - Desolation my lost art
2021 - yo witches what’s up
The Madrid tour
2021 - yo patron I’m broke
2021 - grinder on Tour - reprised
2022 - the trolly dolly tour

Remember
been a patron is not just for Christmas

It’s life ….. Micheal Petherick 2022
1F9308B3-DBD7-416D-ACC5-6A000CAF6F81.jpeg

😈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Noooooooooooo!!!!

What happened to my baby? Who did this to him?

Panic attack when he was asked to help with something / doesn't have enough money to afford to get laid / found drunk and/or high on substances/ family have decided enough's enough / he's in some kind of trouble / an STD - take your pick!
The end result will be the same - he wants money again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Ohh ffffffsake
METHERICK on Tour

2019 - buy me a laptop 💻
2020 - renovate my pad
The Madrid tour

Remember

View attachment 1013384
😈

Well I must say I really like the raised hand to the camera gesture - just so you don't miss it. Hopefully this is the start of Michael making a proper go of things now and no more drugs, booze, rent boys and wasted money.

It does just show what sort of family the Pethedicks are when Billy is liking negative comments about his brother who's a real gutter slut right now, but then again they have supported him a long time....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Honestly, that’s the truth! I was thinking the same thing! He said he got a brain scan…I knew he need to get his head examined! Sorry if I sound callous…but MPK has a way with manipulation. I’m taking this hospital picture with a grain of salt.
I laughed outloud when I saw the brain scan part. Seriously....waiting for a cry me a river video soon. Ugh!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Arm Floaties.png

I thought he was wearing arm floaties, till I realised it was one of the yellow masks gifted to them in the GAG.😳

Ugh... Hon-NEEE you are not a sommelier, saying that sherry tastes like raisins and vodka. What a refined palette you have... 🙄
Maybe you should just return to your playpen with a pack of raisins and a box of apple juice, I'd say that's more up your alley.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I laughed outloud when I saw the brain scan part. Seriously....waiting for a cry me a river video soon. Ugh!

I'll give Don Jarvis some credit - she too stooped to the hospital bed - but she didn't give us the sob story which we can inevitably expect from MPK - he won't miss the opportunity to monetise this. But I do genuinely wish him well, maybe the brain scan may switch on his honest side... if he has one.

Well I guess it's time for our fan fiction contingent to start putting finger to keyboard and write MPK's script for him as to why he's laid up in a hospital with a UV drip.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Ohh ffffffsake
METHERICK on Tour

2019 - buy me a laptop 💻
2020 - renovate my pad
The Madrid tour

Remember

View attachment 1013384
😈
Can anyone make out the name of the hospital on his gown? The letters are backwards…but it appears to be a hospital in France (maybe). I’d like to send him some flowers. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Can anyone make out the name of the hospital on his gown? The letters are backwards…but it appears to be a hospital in France (maybe). I’d like to send him some flowers. 😀
I think It's Centre Hospitalier du Nord Mayenne. which is close to Begmania,

Reactions: 18
I think I need a whole bottle of sherry to make me forget Support squirrels’ little video! Oh my God , absolute joke!… and I have decided Support squirrel is a gargoyle ..He is a chinless one with nasty hair..A total gargoyle (and bubble girl is also a gargoyle)I am sort of in shock after seeing the gift grab and that joke of a support squirrel video.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.