The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wonder how SJ feels about him just letting his comments all stay up ..... and about how he's getting the love (at her expense) and as well, even Mummy is throwing him love ....

SJ should let Dan project manage!! He could keep all the contractors going and things would move along .... bet the contractors would all prefer to work with him.

I'm sure you've heard about this, you're our resident Spud Islander, right?

Jeopardy! question on Prince Edward Island stumps competitors | CTV News
As a PEIslander…I was amazed

Reactions: 9
Health and safety being observed once more..... and right outside of the kitchen doors too. I hope Don Jarvis had the foresight to tell the others not to go outside, but that could have the potential to kill someone, but as long as it's minimal effort for SJ, all is well. Dumb

View attachment 1003293

This clean out is such a farce. At one point SJ states mirrored tiles haven't been used in 16 years so they need to be binned, and yet she decides to keep a crappy tv of no design importance, wood covings, which she thinks she'll cast new cornices from (yeah right), suspected billiard table legs to build a new table for the attic (get real), amongst many other flights of fancy. Launch it all out the window, maybe Phyllis will be listening to his new squirrel CD on a walkman below... I jest.
A farce indeed. Before she started filming this episode they carefully removed all tat SJ previously received on her grab-channel from creative super fans and filled up the big garbage bins outside with it. SJ was quiet pleased with herself for preventing us from spotting recognizable items, thinking for once she was ahead of the game.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
Ooh yes you're right, maybe Snorty Nutkins is allergic to tea ? :rolleyes:
It's more like Potty being allergic to the snorting Squirrel Cameltoe.

If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example
You might be imagining this context though, since Potty nor Larkin is particularly well off in that sense. They might be able to afford to pay other people to do the jobs they don't want to do (can't do is way to strong in this context, everybody can clean their own mess, some just don't feel like it and think others should), but they also have no problem using the "volunteers" at the shittoo as their own personal work slaves. Comes with the territory of being an owner, they think, even if their share isn't that substantial.

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
Those gold chairs at start of attic cleanup - didn’t Selmar fix them up?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Those gold chairs at start of attic cleanup - didn’t Selmar fix them up?
I think those are indeed in the same fabric, but these are armchairs. must be from the same set

Edit: they don't have arms but still are bigger than the dining chairs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I think Patrons will probably get a financials update in February when theyve returned from their "relaxing January". Let's hope so. They know the clock is ticking.
No reprimand intended (trying to avoid another misunderstanding) but where do you base your optimism on? Probably get an update? She has not given any real financial updates even when she said she was giving an update and it is really obvious she doesn't think she needs to. Most of her patrons are content with that too, they just want to see her, talk to her and see what she's up to. In Febuary she is going to Venice and will no doubt have an extended Valentine's Day celebration to occupy herself with. There will be no financials update.

• Wow
Reactions: 35
When she found those shutters and said 'so it did have internal shutters' as if all surprised. Now am I imagining it or wasn't it mentioned in a flog way back, the first time snorts uttered the immortal word 'we', that tipped us all over the edge that Aumary was making up internal shutters. Or am I going mad!

You could just tell that Snorts hated every second of being up there, his poor perfect manicured nails getting all icky. Thought he was going to spit the dummy when he showed Fanny that awful wall light with the fake candles and she says to send to Emmaus and he said 'but I like it'. Boo Hoo

• Haha
Reactions: 39
When she found those shutters and said 'so it did have internal shutters' as if all surprised. Now am I imagining it or wasn't it mentioned in a flog way back, the first time snorts uttered the immortal word 'we', that tipped us all over the edge that Aumary was making up internal shutters. Or am I going mad!

You could just tell that Snorts hated every second of being up there, his poor perfect manicured nails getting all icky. Thought he was going to spit the dummy when he showed Fanny that awful wall light with the fake candles and she says to send to Emmaus and he said 'but I like it'. Boo Hoo
He’d like anything that looks like it came out of someone’s grandparents house. Must be why he likes her so much, she’s old enough to be someone’s granny.

A farce indeed. Before she started filming this episode they carefully removed all tat SJ previously received on her grab-channel from creative super fans and filled up the big garbage bins outside with it. SJ was quiet pleased with herself for preventing us from spotting recognizable items, thinking for once she was ahead of the game.
How on earth did it all fit? Are they tossing out regularly?

Reactions: 18
wonder how SJ feels about him just letting his comments all stay up ..... and about how he's getting the love (at her expense) and as well, even Mummy is throwing him love ....

SJ should let Dan project manage!! He could keep all the contractors going and things would move along .... bet the contractors would all prefer to work with him.

I'm sure you've heard about this, you're our resident Spud Islander, right?

Jeopardy! question on Prince Edward Island stumps competitors | CTV News
Lucy Maud Montgomery's description of Prince Edward Island - “ever since I can remember, that, amid all the commonplaces of life, I was very near to a kingdom of ideal beauty.”

We really are providing some ideas for her vlogs: to prove she is not a hoarder, she gleefully throws rubbish out of the window (and luckily not killing anyone by doing so), keeping only meaningful items, such as a TV (!), we suggest the consnort doesn't work, and here he is doing something ( peering stupidly at a broken coathanger, and discovering doors for a wardrobe) , and giving the grannies some eye candy in form of the Potts, appreciated move, by the YT comments.
Would have been fun to watch SJ toss the TV out the window....

• Haha
Reactions: 21
If Nic and Potty are so well off that they can pay for hired help, then why have they been using volunteers for years and years?

There’s no evidence either of them have ever paid for any labour at the Château.
Yes there is evidence as she has said before that when the outgoings overtake the revenue that they all had to put their own money into the chateau, that would also include labour, and Nic has paid Ian for the cottage bathroom which correct me if I am wrong includes his labour

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Potts: and we keep the lego, you can never throw away lego
SJ: keeping the lego
Snorts: I think you should let go of the lego

For once I agree with Snorts. How many times will adults at CLL play with lego? while a parent probably happily pick up the lego at Emaus for their children who would have endless happy hours playing with it.

For me, the whole ''clearing out'' is literally shuffling crap around. If it has been up in the attic and you haven't used it for years, never thought about it for years, than you don't need it. SJ has been ''renovating'' for ages and not once especially when all the Patreon money was pouring in she thought let's start with clearing the attics and see what we have stored up there, it might come in handy. Or need the space to store items for the time being.

I also think she went into the attic clearing just to have a vlog ready while SJ en Snorts are in SA. just like her closet clearing we will never see an end result or progress, or fixing items she found there.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think those are indeed in the same fabric, but these are armchairs. must be from the same set

Edit: they don't have arms but still are bigger than the dining chairs.
She had a lot of those dining chairs, most of them used in her ugly red dining room, but they are replaced now. I believe the ones that Selmar "fixed" up went to Potty's apartment.

Reactions: 25

You're right. She did say that Amaury would make interior shutters...

Pretty sure these old interior shutters come from the oldest part of the chateau as they were used until the 19th century.

The 19th century part of Lalande has exterior shutters as it was the new trend then.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes there is evidence as she has said before that when the outgoings overtake the revenue that they all had to put their own money into the chateau, that would also include labour, and Nic has paid Ian for the cottage bathroom which correct me if I am wrong includes his labour
Real funny you refer to anything she has said before as evidence. Please stop being so naive as to believe the words of a mad woman. Sure, when she did not have any source of income other than the family fortune, Potty and Larkin were asked to chip in to pay for her bills like electricity etc. As for the Larkin cottage, yes, Nic and Marie picked out the design for the bathroom and SJ made a point out of saying it was their choice because she didn't agree with it herself, thinking it was way too modern. But Ian was still paid by SJ, he is her contractor. Now that she has hit the jackpot, her boys don't have to pay for anything anymore.

Reactions: 27
He and Madge both were good characters..If I remember correctly, his Cadillac did have long horns on the front and the car horn played 'Dixie's Land'.
Thank you...I wasn't so much a 'rock chick' as an artist, but I get the sentiment. His career was already over when we met, but he did indeed turn into a beast...first few years were ok, then it started going downhill. Luckily I only gave him one key to the 3 locks on my front door when he moved in. 😉
I seem to be contradicting everyone lately but it was Madge’s car, she turned up on the drive in full white cow girl outfit if I’m remembering it correctly

Reactions: 3
Well I can't unsee that picture is all I have to say! Dear God.
I listened to her, yes Swervy definitely fits into Fannys vision of the farmhouse being a haven for "writers, artists and philosophers", Well done Swervy, you definitely torpedoed Fanny below the waterline with your visit.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.