The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if Lilly James stayed at La Gorce. Hard to imagine that she would think the interior was nicer than Highclere castle.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Thanks @Jikki2 & @KiKiGee as always you guys are great! I guess I was awol for a while didn’t realize I was being searched for. After all this time on here sometimes I am in the weeds.
I hope you aren’t sitting in the nasty weeds with Cara freezing your nether regions!

Just because that wasn’t in the vlog doesn’t mean he didn’t get a drink too
Could be wrong, but I recall Snorty doesn’t drink tea and coffee.

When we bought our 1906 Center Hall Colonial, the first day we took possession I explored the attic and I found missing doors, original lighting fixtures, vintage bathroom tiles, terra cotta roof tiles and the beveled glass mirror for over the fireplace. I was thrilled!
Mmmmmhhhhh, you didn’t wait 16 years to search your attic - how odd?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Squirrel Nut Zipper CD. That about cinched it for me.
Bad vibes between the boys. Potty had a lovely way of ignoring baby squirrel. As if baby squirrel was not even in the room. Complete arrogance towards him, overt arrogance. Loved watching that play out.
StephaMEME her usual bossy self. Baby squirrel acquiesced at every comment StephaMEME made.
But I have to tell you all, and then ask - the full shots of the baby squirrel - his pants so tight, like hardly bendable - and where did he actually pack his nuts, his personal parts - no camel toe, no nothing - I mean are they detachable? Not that I spent the entire video staring at the baby squirrel crouch - he had his personal parts possibly tucked under? No clue. Positively amazing. They just disappeared. Gone.
And when they descended the staircase did you catch the stack of books and clutter stacked high? I mean every possible nook and cranny absolutely jammed. But wait - StephaMEME has ideas for all of them - all of them.
And did anyone else think to themselves - WEAR GLOVES FOR CHRIST’S SAKE, YOU’RE PULLING THINGS OUT THAT ARE COVERED IN RAT tit, BAT POOP AND DUST. . . .honestly, who the hell would ever stay in that place, anywhere, even one overnight? But hold on, hold on one second - they are exhausted and they are on vacation now. Speechless at this pile of crap. Well, not completely speechless, I just vented here. Thank you.
I suspect Squirrelbaby’s nuts haven’t yet descended. Any cameltoe showings are just stuffing - like chicken cutlets for the crotch!

£6,761 pledged of £390,000 goal
63 backers
58 hours to go
63 people who need their heads checked!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I remember playing their CDs at the flower shop I worked at in the late 90s. I liked them a lot.
I used to like them a lot too...musically, they're quite good.

hmmm his workshop looked pretty tidy in dan's vlogs
I agree...I'd venture to say he doesn't want his friendship with Amaury to come to an end. Chances are he'll continue keeping the workshop in ship shape order while using it. I'm curious to see what happens when he washes those Pumas he's wearing. I wear the same sort (have done for over a quarter decade) and they're suede...not something I'd consider putting in the washer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
O MY GOSH! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?
selmar5.png

JUST KIDDING! IT'S A PIPE DREAM.
IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! :LOL: ✌ 💥
SORRY, UNICORNS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
I wonder if Lilly James stayed at La Gorce. Hard to imagine that she would think the interior was nicer than Highclere castle.
She was probably being extra nice about it because her brother got married there. LG is kind of tacky inside.

Reactions: 18
Obviously Squirrel Camel Toe reads here. Confidential to Squirrel Camel Toe: You bald hack. Everyone hate, hate, hates you. Please just die.
Medical Warning for Stephanme: Squirrels carry and transmit a handful of diseases:
  • Salmonellosis: Salmonella bacteria found in droppings causes diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever.
  • Lyme disease: Spread by the ticks squirrels carry, symptoms include nerve pain, stiffness, and inflammation of the brain or spinal cord.
  • Tularemia: Infectious disease that attacks the skin, eyes lymph nodes, and lungs.
  • Leptospirosis: Bacterial infection that causes fever, headache, vomiting, jaundice, and rash.
  • Rabies: Though rare, sometimes squirrels pass this virus onto humans via biting or scratching.
Many of these diseases are fatal when left untreated, so the best way to prevent the spread of disease is to avoid contact with squirrels and wear gloves and masks to reduce the possibility of contracting illnesses.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She was probably being extra nice about it because her brother got married there. LG is kind of tacky inside.
I'm not a fan of Lagorce. It's not pretty at all. The positives are the staircase outside and the terrace with the fountain, and the wine tasting cave area is cool, but the actual chateau is just nothing great at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
I'm not a fan of Lagorce. It's not pretty at all. The positives are the staircase outside and the terrace with the fountain, and the wine tasting cave area is cool, but the actual chateau is just nothing great at all.
The main rooms are not richly decorated. Some nice antiques but no verve.

I'm not a fan of Lagorce. It's not pretty at all. The positives are the staircase and the terrace with the fountain, and the wine tasting cave area is cool, but the actual chateau is just nothing great at all.
I totally agree. Some parts are alright (especially the large kitchen, better than Lalande's, for sure), but overall, it's bleh.

I know it's none of my business, but it makes me wonder why, of the many classier manor house wedding venues across the UK, why LaGorce?
It's not much cheaper to get married in France (to rent the chateau costs €11,590 to €17,650, depending on the season).

Not gonna lie, I'm glad for Anna and Edd that their business has picked up after months and months of no revenue. I hate COVID-19!

cd282.png

cd283.png

cd284.png

Lots of love continuing to come Dan's way, much at the expense of SJ. :love:
vanillapie73

9 hours ago
Think more works been done in the last 2 weeks than ever before! Well done Dan and team 👍 btw...can't you fix the garden gate next 😉😉

Sarah Yates

9 hours ago
At the rate you’re all going Dan, by the time Stephanie returns you’ll have the garden all planted up, the lake restored the lost towers rebuilt, the Mill rebuilt and working the jag mended and up purring…… 😝😝

Cherie Sharp
8 hours ago
Stephanie's not going to recognise the Chateau when she gets back lovely to see you all getting stuck into all the jobs. Xxx

Olympia Epirus

26 minutes ago
The ladies ate fun to be around Thank you Dan Hope Steph will like the bench at the fountain ⛲ As she can be cynical at times

seethevolcane
9 hours ago
Dan is the most articulate of the chateau YTers...never sez : WOW/Amazing/Sooooo, YEAAAAAH. He's a smart guy.

machellep1
8 hours ago (edited)
Isn’t t amazing how much you can get done when the owner is gone. No distractions, no interference.

I totally agree. Some parts are alright (especially the large kitchen, better than Lalande's, for sure), but overall, it's bleh.

I know it's none of my business, but it makes me wonder why, of the many classier manor house wedding venues across the UK, why LaGorce?
It's not much cheaper to get married in France (to rent the chateau costs €11,590 to €17,650, depending on the season).

Not gonna lie, I'm glad for Anna and Edd that their business has picked up after months and months of no revenue. I hate COVID-19!

View attachment 1003987
View attachment 1003989
View attachment 1003990

Agree - LaGorce isn't my favourite chateau and I'm not keen on the interior decor, but I can see it's attraction as a wedding venue. It's close to Bordeaux, pretty setting by the river, outdoor terrace, staircase, pool, underground cellar and a chateau that can accommodate many people. Another big plus is it's clean and not filled with old, hoarded junk.

I'd love to be at a dinner party with Cara and IJ.....priceless! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
A couple of observations from me tonight on both Dan's and SJ vlog.
*Dan - please discontinue the start/stop music in your videos, it is so annoying.

*I was so distracted by trying to figure out if Philip has a string going under his boots to keep his pants in place. Also, are these his only pants and shoes?
View attachment 1003897
Do you mean like is he doing the full Kim Kardashian thing with the built in shoes/gloves thing? I'm still looking for any HINT of moose knuckle- just a wee hint. I got out the good reading glasses too!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
If you are referring to my post you have completely taken it out of context, Nic and Potty are obviously well off, so can afford to pay other people to do the jobs that they can’t do or do not want to do, I think implying that they don’t pay well and are some sort of evading imperialists is a massive leap, we all pay people to do the jobs we can’t do, how many of us actually cut our own hair for example
Alex, I'm sticking with lazy, entitled, elitist, empire-buiilding, imperialist colonials for $1000!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Lots of love continuing to come Dan's way, much at the expense of SJ. :love:
vanillapie73
9 hours ago
Think more works been done in the last 2 weeks than ever before! Well done Dan and team 👍 btw...can't you fix the garden gate next 😉😉
Sarah Yates
9 hours ago
At the rate you’re all going Dan, by the time Stephanie returns you’ll have the garden all planted up, the lake restored the lost towers rebuilt, the Mill rebuilt and working the jag mended and up purring…… 😝😝

Cherie Sharp
8 hours ago
Stephanie's not going to recognise the Chateau when she gets back lovely to see you all getting stuck into all the jobs. Xxx
Olympia Epirus
26 minutes ago
The ladies ate fun to be around Thank you Dan Hope Steph will like the bench at the fountain ⛲ As she can be cynical at times

seethevolcane
9 hours ago
Dan is the most articulate of the chateau YTers...never sez : WOW/Amazing/Sooooo, YEAAAAAH. He's a smart guy.

machellep1
8 hours ago (edited)
Isn’t t amazing how much you can get done when the owner is gone. No distractions, no interference.
wonder how SJ feels about him just letting his comments all stay up ..... and about how he's getting the love (at her expense) and as well, even Mummy is throwing him love ....

SJ should let Dan project manage!! He could keep all the contractors going and things would move along .... bet the contractors would all prefer to work with him.

Alex, I'm sticking with lazy, entitled, elitist, empire-buiilding, imperialist colonials for $1000!
I'm sure you've heard about this, you're our resident Spud Islander, right?

Jeopardy! question on Prince Edward Island stumps competitors | CTV News

• Heart
Reactions: 17
wonder how SJ feels about him just letting his comments all stay up ..... and about how he's getting the love (at her expense) and as well, even Mummy is throwing him love ....

SJ should let Dan project manage!! He could keep all the contractors going and things would move along .... bet the contractors would all prefer to work with him.
SJ just might ban Dan from shooting his personal vlogs at Lalande.

And speaking of leaving comments, I'm surprised SJ left all of the negative comments up on the vlog introducing Selmar and Tatyana's fundraiser.

Reactions: 16
We really are providing some ideas for her vlogs: to prove she is not a hoarder, she gleefully throws rubbish out of the window (and luckily not killing anyone by doing so), keeping only meaningful items, such as a TV (!), we suggest the consnort doesn't work, and here he is doing something ( peering stupidly at a broken coathanger, and discovering doors for a wardrobe) , and giving the grannies some eye candy in form of the Potts, appreciated move, by the YT comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.