The Chateau Diaries #108 Crazy, strange, eyes wide shut, in the middle of nowhere

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. 16 YEARS. I mean... this is a year ONE project... YEAR ONE!!
i cannot even imagine they took all that tit with them from England to France...it must have been like The flight out of Egypte.. :oops: and all the crap that ended up in SA...it must have costed a fortune to ship it all around the world..and than to fill your attics with it..and never use the stuff..all those old toiletpots and washbassins..bidets...

Reactions: 23
Well....this is most unusual....thanks for posting!!

I remember playing their CDs at the flower shop I worked at in the late 90s. I liked them a lot.
I like the music....I bet the creator(s) of the video had a ball conceiving and executing it!

Er…no. His puny torso wouldn’t get a single hormone racing in my body. Not a one.
is he toilet trained yet?

View attachment 1003916View attachment 1003917
Definitely NOT my cup of tea!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Well.

So, I've stumbled across this site by accident and realised this was the so-called hate site the MP called out in his vlog. I started reading it out of curiosity and for the past month or so, I have to say, I found the gossip here is far more entertaining than watching The Chateau Diaries.

Full disclosure, I don't watch TCD. I find the vlogs dull and aimless. There's no...entertainment factor. It's just a person bringing their phone around with them constantly and filming everything. Just because SJ vlogs...doesn't actually mean there's anything worth vlogging. The Pethricks have the same problem. I watch youtube to be entertained. And watching people going about their daily lives is not entertaining, at all.

Anyway, all this brings me to the reason why I'm posting today (my original plan was to lurk forever. Oh well). I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but as of today, the Fleuries have passed SJ in subscriber count.

Ever since the BBC published the article about French chateau owners using Youtube to pay for their chateau, SJ has gained 3K subscribers and the Fleuries...have gained 46K. And, they're still going. In fact, I've started noticing the Fleuries gaining more views and subscribers in the last week or so. You'd almost say they're going semi-viral. Their 2 years looking back video has gone past 1 million views and, in comparison, SJ's 'How Youtube is renovating my chateau' is sitting at 158K.

So why are the two channels, both chateau channels, and both featured on the BBC article, having such different responses? Well, if you asked me, one has content and actual direction in the vlogs (however boring the Fleuries may be) and the other is kinda aimless, plotless and pointless. When I bake a cake, however long the process, at the end, I want to be able to eat a cake. Watching SJ's vlog doesn't make me feel like I'm getting a cake.

Uh, anyway, enough talking about cake....back to the original question that sparked this post.

There's been a lot of discussion about SJ getting her comeuppance - losing her patrons, the scales falling off the eyes of her fans or the tax man come collecting. I had a thought, what if it's none of the above? What if her viewers and patrons simply...lose interest? Will her superfans and patrons hold on until the end of time? Or will they gradually lose interest as they realise that every video is just life, love and laughter on repeat?

(On the side note, as I was typing this, I realised the BBC didn't use the title 'Save their chateau' as SJ does but rather, they say 'to pay for their chateau'. I think they see past the bullshit, just like Tattlers do.)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
i cannot even imagine they took all that tit with them from England to France...it must have been like The flight out of Egypte.. :oops: and all the crap that ended up in SA...it must have costed a fortune to ship it all around the world..and than to fill your attics with it..and never use the stuff..all those old toiletpots and washbassins..bidets...
The barns and attics were filled with junk (and a few hidden treasures) and SJ & Co. have only begun to clear them out in the past 2-3 years - crazy! It takes time and energy, not money, to do a clear out, but instead SJ was too busy quaffing champagne and hosting singles weekends & Easter egg hunts at the party shitoo. Regardless of the reason, just pleased to see some incremental progress.

Reactions: 25
Well.

So, I've stumbled across this site by accident and realised this was the so-called hate site the MP called out in his vlog. I started reading it out of curiosity and for the past month or so, I have to say, I found the gossip here is far more entertaining than watching The Chateau Diaries.

Full disclosure, I don't watch TCD. I find the vlogs dull and aimless. There's no...entertainment factor. It's just a person bringing their phone around with them constantly and filming everything. Just because SJ vlogs...doesn't actually mean there's anything worth vlogging. The Pethricks have the same problem. I watch youtube to be entertained. And watching people going about their daily lives is not entertaining, at all.

Anyway, all this brings me to the reason why I'm posting today (my original plan was to lurk forever. Oh well). I'm not sure if anyone's noticed this, but as of today, the Fleuries have passed SJ in subscriber count.

Ever since the BBC published the article about French chateau owners using Youtube to pay for their chateau, SJ has gained 3K subscribers and the Fleuries...have gained 46K. And, they're still going. In fact, I've started noticing the Fleuries gaining more views and subscribers in the last week or so. You'd almost say they're going semi-viral. Their 2 years looking back video has gone past 1 million views and, in comparison, SJ's 'How Youtube is renovating my chateau' is sitting at 158K.

So why are the two channels, both chateau channels, and both featured on the BBC article, having such different responses? Well, if you asked me, one has content and actual direction in the vlogs (however boring the Fleuries may be) and the other is kinda aimless, plotless and pointless. When I bake a cake, however long the process, at the end, I want to be able to eat a cake. Watching SJ's vlog doesn't make me feel like I'm getting a cake.

Uh, anyway, enough talking about cake....back to the original question that sparked this post.

There's been a lot of discussion about SJ getting her comeuppance - losing her patrons, the scales falling off the eyes of her fans or the tax man come collecting. I had a thought, what if it's none of the above? What if her viewers and patrons simply...lose interest? Will her superfans and patrons hold on until the end of time? Or will they gradually lose interest as they realise that every video is just life, love and laughter on repeat?

(On the side note, as I was typing this, I realised the BBC didn't use the title 'Save their chateau' as SJ does but rather, they say 'to pay for their chateau'. I think they see past the bullshit, just like Tattlers do.)
Welcome.

15802180_227225247722287_5033947944336752640_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Well.

The fleuries WILL be the MOST successful in the Chateau community in Youtube, Steph vlogs has become nothing but dump and repetative lies and BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Who’s Alex?
It's a reference to long-standing Jeopardy trivia show host Alex Trebek, (Canadian icon!) who sadly passed away last year. I've watched this show all my life in Canada. When I streamed an episode overseas, my Australian hosts were so curious about it. They had never seen it - and they are a country of quiz shows! In the show questions are stated by category with a prize value. Here's an episode if yu're curious:

Also, happy to post for the first time. You all have been making me laugh while I follow the misadventures of CD :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
It's a reference to long-standing Jeopardy trivia show host Alex Trebek, (Canadian icon!) who sadly passed away last year. I've watched this show all my life in Canada. When I streamed an episode overseas, my Australian hosts were so curious about it. They had never seen it - and they are a country of quiz shows! In the show questions are stated by category with a prize value. Here's an episode if yu're curious:

Also, happy to post for the first time. You all have been making me laugh while I follow the misadventures of CD :)
Thanks for the Alex explanation I’m a Brit so it didn’t make since to me

Reactions: 14
Do they show them hauling this away? Or is this the stuff Dan was cleaning up with the digger a week or more ago and we thought it was Amaury's left over mess?
She hauled them out of the window hoping they'd land next to Amaury's rubbish as she expected he'd be taking it away; no question of her getting rid of her own rubbish! She could have killed any passing humans and also peacocks & chicks, cats, etc. How can anyone regard her as a responsible adult? Why on earth did she leave that attic in that state for over 16 years? It certainly wasn't only the Marquis's rubbish. Everything was covered in dried excrement from bats, owls and rats or mice. It was a health hazard. There is no sense at all in keeping a TV that won't work, no one with any sense would do that even if it belonged to a loved member of your her family, which it didn't

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So why are the two channels, both chateau channels, and both featured on the BBC article, having such different responses? Well, if you asked me, one has content and actual direction in the vlogs (however boring the Fleuries may be) and the other is kinda aimless, plotless and pointless.

They are doing well! He has the leg up that he was a professional film maker. That would be a HUGE advantage in the youtube world.
I totally agree with you that people are just going to lose interest. I know that is the case for me. It was so fun when I first ran across all of these chateaus on youtube but now it is just boring. Sort of the circle of life these days. Most people move on to the next NEW thing. I doubt very seriously we are ever going to see SJ get her commuppance as some here are assuming. But, just my opinion.

Both channels are rocking patreon at the moment though. Seems people are coming out of the woodwork to support both channels. Which kind of contradicts my point above, lol!

Reactions: 22
That’s a project that would take a bloody week to do properly and she and her idiots in tow decide to devote one morning to it.
She has to find vlog content to make it look as if she actually stirs herself to do something practical. Trouble is, she always manages to make herself look a complete idiot when she does that!

I recommend including “OHhhhh” said loudly with surprise all the time. I’m triggered.
Try with FRK's latst vlog, with "So, yeah..."!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
She has to find vlog content to make it look as if she actually stirs herself to do something practical. Trouble is, she always manages to make herself look a complete idiot when she does that!
Funny how just as she is about to leave anywhere she stirs herself up to actually do some work. Be it half assed. The last time was the wallpaper in The loo.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I remember this beautiful seat very well.

It was an fauteuil gondole Empire (Napoleon 1) and canned. What a shame to see this (real) antique left in the dust and forgotten in the attic !

I remember because I posted a comment at the time saying they should restore this beauty and I got attacked by Real Aiglon and his friends in a very aggressive way. All that because of an antique chair.... Which makes you wonder about their real identity....
Thank you so much, @LaFrancaise123, for adding flesh to the bones of my memory! The chair would be a properly "meaningful" addition to the Lalande's otherwise hotchpotch collection of dross.

Sj is clueless and the keyboard warriors who spew online venom on her behalf are not so much sycophants as pyschofans.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She hauled them out of the window hoping they'd land next to Amaury's rubbish as she expected he'd be taking it away; no question of her getting rid of her own rubbish! She could have killed any passing humans and also peacocks & chicks, cats, etc. How can anyone regard her as a responsible adult? Why on earth did she leave that attic in that state for over 16 years? It certainly wasn't only the Marquis's rubbish. Everything was covered in dried excrement from bats, owls and rats or mice. It was a health hazard. There is no sense at all in keeping a TV that won't work, no one with any sense would do that even if it belonged to a loved member of your her family, which it didn't
When I saw the Chatelaine throwing her stuff through the attic window, I instinctively thought "They must know that the chateau is empty, that nobody is there"... But I'm not so sure now ! It was crazy to see (and to do !)

I was amazed to see Steph going to the local pharmacy for her antigen test with her (very) dusty red jumper and her hair covered in cobweb/dust/poo etc. I would love to know what the locals think of her... ! Well, I can imagine.

Unbelievable. No respect for the others (they just don't count in her own world)

• Sick
Reactions: 29
When I saw the Chatelaine throwing her stuff through the attic window, I instinctively thought "They must know that the chateau is empty, that nobody is there"... But I'm not so sure now ! It was crazy to see (and to do !)

I was amazed to see Steph going to the local pharmacy for her antigen test with her (very) dusty red jumper and her hair covered in cobweb/dust/poo etc. I would love to know what the locals think of her... ! Well, I can imagine.

Unbelievable. No respect for the others (they just don't count in her own world)
There goes before you the very definition of entitlement.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.