Charlotte Louise Taylor #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a day that the pound has crashed and mortgage companies are pulling their deals, is this a good PR move?
Is it FCA or FOS compliant?
Who thought this up at Nationwide??? And WHY?? How could this possibly be a good idea?
Seriously this is so patronising and irresponsible. It's an economic crisis and a recession/depression with spiralling interest rates. People could lose their homes.
People are scared and the best that Nationwide can think about reassuring their customers is a chat with Charl?????
Honestly if i was with Nationwide i would close my accounts over this!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Hi Charlotte. I'm a single parent. I have a deposit for a house yet despite being on a pretty decent income, no mortgage will cover the cost of a house in the area I have lived my entire life, worked in, served my community and my child goes to school in. All this, despite my rent being £700 more than the mortgage would cost per month. As a single person, I'm screwed because we're overlooked and I don't want a partner.

Any advice?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Some idiot has pointed out that Charlotte is going to be “getting the answers” from a professional at the bank…… so what’s the need for Charlotte then?! If someone wants or needs financial advice about mortgages then they can easily go and speak directly to the bank themselves, why would anyone go via a completely random third party like Charlotte?! What a bizzare advertising strategy by Nationwide - im not seeing their angle at all here? It would have been better to get her to go into a branch or do an online chat thing and film that to showcase how easy it is to contact them and discuss mortgages etc

Reactions: 22
Some idiot has pointed out that Charlotte is going to be “getting the answers” from a professional at the bank…… so what’s the need for Charlotte then?! If someone wants or needs financial advice about mortgages then they can easily go and speak directly to the bank themselves, why would anyone go via a completely random third party like Charlotte?! What a bizzare advertising strategy by Nationwide - im not seeing their angle at all here? It would have been better to get her to go into a branch or do an online chat thing and film that to showcase how easy it is to contact them and discuss mortgages etc
She will angle it as “I’m more approachable than a scary bank worker!” And I couldn’t disagree more. Someone as fake, sickly, exploitative and privileged as Charlotte is exactly the opposite of approachable.

Reactions: 18
If you’re too scared to go into a bank and enquire about their services then you’re probably not mature and sensible enough to be taking out a mortgage to be honest or may have some kind of vulnerability. Neither situation should be being exploited by Charlotte for 💰

Reactions: 26
Hi Charlotte. I'm a single parent. I have a deposit for a house yet despite being on a pretty decent income, no mortgage will cover the cost of a house in the area I have lived my entire life, worked in, served my community and my child goes to school in. All this, despite my rent being £700 more than the mortgage would cost per month. As a single person, I'm screwed because we're overlooked and I don't want a partner.

Any advice?
I could have wrote exactly this!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What sort of questions would you ask her though? It's mad! Hey charl, can I get a mortgage for £200k with a £10k deposit and a part time job. Oh and if I could repay it in say 15 years so I don't have to work till I die? They said no at the branch but you seem sooo much more approachable 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wow charl wears many hats fair play, banker, journalist, romanticising life expert, chef (couples only) kids picky tea creator, seller of tat wow 👏

• Haha
  • Wow
Not even her mum has commented on this one. Does anyone know if they get paid pre ad or post ad depending on how well it does?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Did she have a Q&A box on her story about it? No doubt she’ll somehow have no questions on her feed post but about 20 questions on her stories. She’ll be “overwhelmed” by the response and presume people are ashamed to publicly ask, and tell everyone that it’s okay, it really is. And she’s proud of you all for being so brave.

Of course this is despite the fact all 20 questions were sent in by Charlotte herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She only got her house 10 years ago or whatever because she got a nice big wedge of a deposit off her mum n dad (they probs couldn’t wait to get rid of her to be fair) this doesn’t really qualify her to be open and approachable about getting a mortgage as her experience wasn’t a recent one given the current financial climate post covid and she’s a smug twit

Reactions: 13
The irony is, it’s so hard for these full-time InstaTWATS to get a mortgage - because flaunting yourself on the internet (and selling your kids privacy) is not what they call a ‘stable income’.

She’d flog a lump of shite, if she could get dressed up in a milkmaid dress to do it - saying it’s something she’s loved for ages, with her trillions of teeth.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She’s answering the comments about whether she’s qualified to give advice. She’s ‘hosting’ the Q&A apparently, but qualified Nationwide people will actually answer. What’s the point in that? Honestly she’d sell her mother before getting a proper job.

Also, even more importantly, how bloody tone deaf is it to run an influenza-hosted Q&A about mortgage lending in this particular week, of all weeks?! Someone in the PR dept at Nationwide needs a firm talking to methinks.

That nationwide ad has gone down like a turd in a lift!!!!!! Hahaha!!!!!
What an embarrassment!!’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I wonder if she is bothered or if she doesn’t give a tit because she still gets paid. I’d be mortified and m it doesn’t look good to other brands.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.