Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Esbeepea

Chatty Member
I know Charlotte through moving in the same social circles and having lots of mutual friends. She has always been lovely towards me and I personally love her style. Haven’t seen her for a very long time though.

But I have to agree with what a previous poster said about them renting from family. They actually live on a really rough estate, the house is nice though but the location is terrible. It baffles me why she would choose to live there unless they are getting it really cheap
Imagine her tottering around her really rough estate in her patchwork coat and ridiculous white boots :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Bettie Paige

I quite like her, but she CONSTANTLY posts stories with such bad spelling mistakes, or even completely different words that they often don’t make any sense. And when she posted the link to sign up for the course it was the wrong one! Why would you pay £2-400 to someone who can’t do basic things?!

Reactions: 7

majestic26

VIP Member
I cant get past her fashion sense. I just can't take her seriously. The clothes themselves are so unflattering and granny-like, but the ridiculous tiny little bags are like something a toddler would carry around. I don't know how people can pay for her services, whatever they actually are.

Just had a look at the link in her bio to see what service she offers. It's basically marketing support, two Zoom calls and two emails for FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN POUNDS. What small business in the post-corona era can afford to drop nearly five hundred quid on a chat with a mediocre influencer?!

capriallie

VIP Member
Exactly this. We can all share other people's posts in our stories but I see her doing very little else to back it up.
Watching tv, opening post, sharing stories from her office whilst ignoring her kid. What a life. Oh wait and being paid to tell other people how to do it. Genius!
What even is this advice???? I’m so confused what her job is that she’s been going on about all week.. what is she saying in these phone calls ?

Notwoke

I am really perplexed that people are buying these 1-1 clarity call sessions at £225 a pop & the course at £297 for a 4 week session on ‘how to work with influencers’.

Does it really take four weeks to learn how to send gifts to your ‘chosen few’? There is etiquette too? Wow. They do lead a charmed life!

Apparently more than 400 have signed up for the course. That’s a heck of a lot of money....🤑

Definitely more lucrative! Quite a smart move!

• Wow

Carobee

I feel sorry for Charlottes husband she’s using her honeymoon just for the gram. I can imagine him looking into space whilst she’s picking which filter to use and directing him on how to take the photo.

purpleghost

The way she presents herself as just one of us trying to get by - then you look up the dress she’s wearing and it’s like £300

Happyparrot

Every single item is ad/Pr/gifted. And whilst the items are gorgeous and expensive and I desperately want them it feels a bit grotesque

Shane

Ah personal history. I see.

I’m super not into women’s physique being commented on anywhere for any “reason”. I guess your comment was the one I saw in this thread and drew a response. I haven’t commented on her physique so it’s not hypocritical of me to challenge. It may be I hadn’t seen the other comments which I would also have challenged.

She doesn’t look overweight in her wedding pic.

Anyway I’ll be done for moderating any minute now so crack on.

Instawanker

Her husband is home and she is struggling to parent a toddler, product two blog posts a week and insta content.
Wow, that is privilege right there.
If brands stopped gifting her luxury items then I am sure she would be living a totally different life as I am not sure she would buy them.

Kinvarra

Staggering. And to put it out there as content. I would die a million deaths to be even telling someone face to face I had my mother clearing up after me in my own home.

• Haha

Xanthedh

And yet these commitments seem to prevent her from doing what exactly? She’s always watching tv with a cup of tea, boohoo. Also imagine a job which includes clearing out her wardrobe and reorganising her house?!

I unfollowed today because she does make me feel envious and I know that isn’t healthy.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
You still get to live your life even if you rent a home (this logic is a bit barmy to me). There is an assumption in the UK that everyone is desperately waiting, hoping, scrimping to own property.

Unless she has positioned herself as desperately hoping, scrimping and saving and I’ve missed that.
While I agree that the assumption you refer to can be a bit barmy when applied to everyone, no matter their circumstances, I do think someone like Charlotte, in her current situation, is absolutely crazy if she’s not saving for a house.

She makes a lot of money now, but her career is not necessarily built for longevity, as with any garden variety influencer. She is incredibly naive if she thinks she will always be able to maintain this level of income.

This is why most people believe influencers should strike while the iron is hot and invest in property now, or at least save up a very strong desposit.

As nasty as it sounds, because nobody likes taking advantage of the misery of others, if she is saving a sizeable desposit right now, she could quite possibly be very well placed to buy a house for cheap as the market inevitably falls.

I don’t always agree with the oft-repeated mantra that renting is just throwing money away, but in Charlotte’s case, especially with all the decorating she’s doing to her rental, I think it rings quite true.

kirkvanhouten

I think family members own the house. She's added decking in the garden. It's all very well but theres no way you would make such changes to a rental property unless its gifted or will somehow end up beneficial to them. All my own opinion obviously and could be wrong.

I've blocked her on instagram now. It's just all crass. Her family are very wealthy and it makes me angry she gets so many freebies.

timefortea82

I think she is better at what she does than most, she has her values and she sticks with them - small businesses, invesment purchasing, a particular aesthetic - I think she’s considered and careful about what she advertises and she does it properly. At root it‘s just pretty, and pretty insubstantial consumerism though. But I guess, why not.

It’s the lying around in bed I can’t get onboard with and the absolutely kip behind the scenes - did you see the state of her hotel room and all those, said expensive, investment purchases screwed up and tumbling out of her suitcase? Revolting way to treat things. My working class values are too strong not to look at that and think, well how hard have you worked for stuff you ball up and chuck about?

And not to knock it, been there and liked it, but how do you make so much of a couple of days in Bristol? Lordy me.
I think you’ve summed up exactly how I feel. I don’t generally mind her content, I actually quite like the weird ‘Victorian ghost child’ style she has and I do think that compared to many, she does stick by her aesthetic and values.

However, the absolute lack of care she shows for really expensive clothes and belongings is disgusting, and to me just screams she’s absolutely full of privilege and was probably a very spoiled child.

Rocketman86

I used to love Charlotte's feed, it was so colourful & I liked Betty magazine but my god, she's become so woke but it all seems so disingenuous. Also, who is paying her for advice?! I don't get it! All she does is open freebies & float around in nighties!