Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Her poor husband in that girly home!! She’s overbearing & selfish. Unless he does love pink and florals.
I can’t get on board with this gender stereotyping of all the husbands and boyfriends of “girly” aesthetic influencers.

Maybe he loves it?
Maybe he doesn’t even care about decor?
Maybe he pays no attention to his surroundings?
Maybe he’s happy for Charlotte to decorate in a way that makes her happy?
Maybe he puts up with a style that isn’t his taste because it makes her money?

I really don’t like Charlotte or her twee look but I wish we’d end this trend of clutching pearls over men having to live with pink walls and frilly cushions. It’s really not a big deal unless you’re into rigid gender stereotypes.

Reactions: 23

Shane

That’s kind of horrible.

Do we really need to pull apart the way a woman looks? If her business model gets up your nose that’s one thing (the ramped up advertising fo her course is not for me and I’m on the cusp of unfollowing). None of us can do much about the way we look.

Reactions: 20

miss.enchi.lada

Revival time... Because Charlotte Jacklin drives me nuts! 🤪

A while ago I remember one of her stories (in response to criticism of her being such a poor old working class mum who simultaneously lives a life of floral luxury) complaining about how she's "brassic" and wouldn't even be able to put the lights on if it wasn't for all the ads etc... Cue stomping feet and crocodile tears through that pink puffy smug mug of hers... "so why can't I spend my hard earned money on a cute dress or baby outfit or a candle infused with my own delightful rose tinted body odour?! Why do I have to buy groceries from Lidl instead of my local tea shop/farmers market?! WHYYYYYY!!!!"

She's so poor yet her dresses are worth more than my weekly rent alone. Why doesn't she just flog one of those old ex curtain smocks to make up for the supposed lack of funds instead of conning other actual working class mums to fund her lifestyle!

Honestly, feel a tad sorry for her husband. Having to put up with her smug big baby face and faux granny style. I look at her sometimes and think gosh... The actual state of her. It's incredible.

So incredible, that I follow her purely for amusement. She's a big selfish child in an oversized toddlers romper. There's nothing poor about her!

And I bet her house smells like stale refrigerated blue cheese. Just a big pink fart.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

I am quite fascinated by her, I have no real idea what she is/does. I don’t find her massively objectionable, just a total mystery. It’s aesthetic isn’t it? That’s it.

I like what she’s into, it wouldn’t be for me but if I were starting again and perma single I could go there with the floral and pinks (I don’t really know any men who could live in that ice cream doll house) so I guess it’s sort vicarious for me. I never follow any links so didn’t realise it was all luxury stuff.

I guess I find the nothingness of it sort of soothing. I’m sure that’s not what she’s aiming for.

Reactions: 14

Livinglife

I met her once ... she was very dull to speak to, clearly wasn't interested in chatting when she found out what I did for a living ...basically just turned away from me and started speaking to someone else. Very 'popular kid in the playground' scenario.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Taco Cat

She is just another version of Hannah Gale - slobby, lazy, chubby, eats junk and faffs about the house all day moaning about their period.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

really_whythough

Chatty Member
I don’t follow her and think it’s all rather floaty and harmless (though boring!) but I’d really hope that she’d at least address some of the obviously valid concerns around Sarah Akwisombe. There’d be a huge cross over in their audiences I expect and silence on this from Charlotte Jacklin looks like ignoring a problem that isn’t going to go away unless dealt with. I’d respect Charlotte giving an honest viewpoint as someone who was receiving ’coaching’ in the midst of all the mayhem and who was clearly encouraged to run and sell sell sell a course as per the Croydon contrepreneur. Just ignoring it to try and distance yourself isn’t enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Smallwomble

Her latest stories. She called her mum to help her tidy the house. What does she actually do all day apart from open parcels of free tut?

• Wow

MadamePoppy

Oh jeez! I actually know this woman - well met her twice and her DH is a good friend of my DB. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person and I followed her on insta (as you do) but when I posted a reply to one of her posts I got very much a “piss off bitch” smug faux reply! Her DH is ok but has to have an opinion and talks on everything. Basically now, he looks after their kid whilst she “works” - she was making 150K last year. Apparently they were “poor” in Margate so had to move back to her hometown. Ticklists ✔ ✅: RBF ✔Smug ✔Perfect mum ✔ Wtaf does she do/post about?! ✔Snake oil saleswoman ✔Does she look in the mirror at her lack of dress sense, makeup, hair etc?! ✔Thinks she looks da bomb, en fleek, quirky, ditsy, oh I’m so cute! ✔ I feel a bit bad for posting this as I know her and her DH. Oh and please actually read like I have Why I’m No Longer Talking to a White People About Race rather than pretending you have/plan to, and are woke. And breathe...

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Cannot stand this one. So smug, so twee, too much liberty print and pink paint and scandi style homeware. She’s of those “granny chic” types who think they’re so quirky and different because they love drinking tea, wearing chunky knitwear and staying in when it’s rainy. Wow so original, it’s not as if almost every person I know loves all those things too!

She always looks like she needs a good wash, too.

Reactions: 11

Shane

Just looking at her (many) stories this morning - it’s straight up consumerism right? I’ve struggled to see her purpose all along really- as someone else has said on this thread it just seemed like pink, undemanding nothingness which clearly I have happily absorbed - but it’s really just buy buy buy.

I am impressed that within this pandemic mess she has pivoted and found a business model - it’s not for me, I don’t need it, and the saturation of her feed advertising it may see me off - but fair play I think, she’s responded quickly to circumstances and she’s having a go.

Stillwater

VIP Member
“I’ve come for a lie down….”

……from doing what? This is so often the content. I find this account fascinating in its (as previously described) nothingness.

Why does the house get into such a tip? What is she doing with her time that means she has prioritised happiness? I cannot look away but it is quite, quite baffling.

Esbeepea

Chatty Member
It's very token-woke isn't it? She reposts a few stories and then moves on to biscuits, plates etc. So disingenuous.

Reactions: 10

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
She got the go ahead from the Landlord. If you’re there long term and get permission why not? The only accessible purpose in her presence seems to me showing people you can include design and your own taste in a rental property. I actually think that is her USP.
I guess it’s a personal thing. I would never put my own money into a house I didn’t own, even if I was planning to live there for a long time, and I don’t know anyone who would either.
I’d only spend on things I could take with me when I moved.

ELFILY

VIP Member
yes Did you guys see her call out Alexa Chung for not putting #ad on her post? It made me cringe. She’s right obviously but is she the AD police or something? She doesn’t do ads every minute of everyday so was an easy mistake to make. Edit- If picture doesn’t load, it’s on Alexa’s latest Instagram post.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha

Shane

Actually you can do things about your appearance - lose weight etc. Unless she reads here then she won’t know will she?
That’s none of your business pal.

The puffy comments aren’t on either IMO. Critique the online presence not the physique I’d suggest.

kirkvanhouten

I also have distain for the 'wokeness'. It just feels like an empty attempt to appear inclusive and understanding around issues of race and white privilege. It takes more than fawning over the same account :rolleyes:.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Rocketman86

That’s kind of horrible.

Do we really need to pull apart the way a woman looks? If her business model gets up your nose that’s one thing (the ramped up advertising fo her course is not for me and I’m on the cusp of unfollowing). None of us can do much about the way we look.
Agreed, I've unfollowed because the constant promotion for her course is boring me to tears but commenting on her appearance is just not on

uola

Ran here to say this! Can't believe that person who has no 9 to 5 job, access to childcare, couldn't deal with a dog.
I don't know why these news pushed me over an edge - it's unfollow from me.
Content is in the bin, she is so unrelatable. Saying didn't take mat leave, and in same slide saying, she has no job offers, actually, no work.
Maybe it's her claiming to be content creator, then she is a stay at home mom.

Last edited: