Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love her clothes and the house and all of it, I just don’t think she wears the clothes well - and I’m all for all shapes wearing whatever they fancy, it’s more that it’s just not well put together or something. Everything’s very bulky - knitwear under courduroy - that sort of thing.

Anyway in general I like her content, it’s nice, but it is substance-less.

Bipping on all day everyday on her phone in her office does make me laugh, bless her.

Reactions: 8
I am really perplexed that people are buying these 1-1 clarity call sessions at £225 a pop & the course at £297 for a 4 week session on ‘how to work with influencers’.

Does it really take four weeks to learn how to send gifts to your ‘chosen few’? There is etiquette too? Wow. They do lead a charmed life!

Apparently more than 400 have signed up for the course. That’s a heck of a lot of money....🤑

Definitely more lucrative! Quite a smart move!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh jeez! I actually know this woman - well met her twice and her DH is a good friend of my DB. I’m sure she’s a nice enough person and I followed her on insta (as you do) but when I posted a reply to one of her posts I got very much a “piss off witch” smug faux reply! Her DH is ok but has to have an opinion and talks on everything. Basically now, he looks after their kid whilst she “works” - she was making 150K last year. Apparently they were “poor” in Margate so had to move back to her hometown. Ticklists ✔ ✅: RBF ✔Smug ✔Perfect mum ✔ Wtaf does she do/post about?! ✔Snake oil saleswoman ✔Does she look in the mirror at her lack of dress sense, makeup, hair etc?! ✔Thinks she looks da bomb, en fleek, quirky, ditsy, oh I’m so cute! ✔ I feel a bit bad for posting this as I know her and her DH. Oh and please actually read like I have Why I’m No Longer Talking to a White People About Race rather than pretending you have/plan to, and are woke. And breathe...

Reactions: 12
To be fair Shane - that’s what her DH told me she earned last year. How much of that was declared for tax etc I don’t know. He’s in props and films but takes the odd job here and there and looks after their three year old, June. Lost count of the amount of times I’ve heard how talented she is (lecturer?) and how one of her big contracts was with JL and also a car company. I actually quite like her DH.

Reactions: 1
Boasty McBoastface is it?

I have found the lecturing thing interesting. I used to work in Higher Education and it took a long time to become a lecturer, you might start as a Teaching Assistant and do some lectures, hold seminars etc but that was distinct (then at least) from being a Lecturer which was the preserve of Drs (Phd) and Professors. I worked at Russel Group universities in the sciences so perhaps different.

Reactions: 5
Shane - yes Boasty McBoastface!

Actually I recall her DH telling me before they got married and had June (unplanned) that when Charlotte was younger I think she’d had a hole in the heart or something - anyway lots of time in hospital and a few operations. Maybe that explains the smugness etc. Don’t get me wrong a few women of a similar age and younger sadly tend to parade this sort of life around - all very woke, designer, perfect etc. My life as older is boring but just your normal mom etc!

interesting how Charlotte doesn’t afaik talk too much about her parents’ shop yet follows them on insta.

As far as I’m aware from what Jack (DH) told me Charlotte got into lecturing and it’s in her interviews at when they lived in Margate and I think only gave it up and concentrated more on blogging (and blogging about lecturing etc I think) when June was born or before.

like I said my brother’s a good friend of Jack and Jack’s lovely and I know him well don’t quote me on this but as far as I recall Jack told us his family, dad etc not well off so maybe that’s why he’s with Charlotte etc.

Shane can’t recall how Charlotte got into lecturing but it’s to do with social Media studies etc, blogging etc which she’s very open about in interviews.

This year, despite the rona she will be rolling in it 💷Definitely more than 150! It helps if you are gifted expensive dresses, knick knacks, hairclips, £25 brownies so nothing/ very little really comes out of your own pocket. A couple of months ago she was saying jack could apply for the SEISS grant but she didn’t mention herself so she’s definitely on quite a tidy sum. I am just in awe of her money making magic!🔮 The thing is if she makes so much shouldn’t she be donating more to her causes than getting her followers to purchase back catalogues of Betty to help out? Although to be fair, I don’t know how much she gives if any... it’s just all these ‘woke’ lot are so preachy and I do wonder how much of it they practice themselves.

I bumped into her in a shop last year and she wasn’t very happy that the sizing wasn’t inclusive so she made it known to the woman that she was an influencer... i quite liked her quirky dress sense but I didn’t appreciate the smug-entitled vibe she had about her. I didn’t even know who she was but I found her on insta as she tagged herself in the shop, of course! 💁🏼‍♀️

Madame poppy - her in laws must be quite cushy too! They have a pad in France! Also she spoke of her dad today, whilst promoting her courses / 1-1s as investment for small businesses!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I really like her style and was a big fan of Charlotte. But I think lots of influencers are panicking about their income now and everything is about the hard sell.
Like others have said, she rambles so much I wasn’t even sure what it was she was selling and I’m not interested in buying. That’s all she goes on about now.
She’s going to lose a lot of followers if she keeps up the hard sell. It’s not why 99.9% of her followers are following her

I would love to know who is paying for these 1:1 calls or paying to go on these workshops? I think I saw the calls were nearly £200 a pop. Absolute madness!
There are alot of business "mentors" out there who run monthly subscription clubs, they get in different "experts" to their forums each month who teach people who are starting/own their own small business how to "master facebook adverts" or "how master instagram".

There are a small pool of these mentors who all recommend each other so they basically feed off each others groups. Some make absolute tit loads from running these online subscription groups.

Charlotte has done a few of these, given advice in business groups and she's been paid for it.

Why is she planning to renovate her kitchen when she rents? I’m so confused by all the stuff she does to the house when she doesn’t own it.

• Heart
I’m going to have to unfollow her I think... have seen the “renting and doing up my kitchen” crap and then today she’s gone out for fish and chips but is having oysters 🦪! Keeping it real Charlotte! Or maybe I can just follow her and witch about her lol.
Having said that I’ll try to find her DH’s films which he does with my brother - Jack’s actually very talented!

Reactions: 3
She got the go ahead from the Landlord. If you’re there long term and get permission why not? The only accessible purpose in her presence seems to me showing people you can include design and your own taste in a rental property. I actually think that is her USP.

Reactions: 4
She got the go ahead from the Landlord. If you’re there long term and get permission why not? The only accessible purpose in her presence seems to me showing people you can include design and your own taste in a rental property. I actually think that is her USP.
I guess it’s a personal thing. I would never put my own money into a house I didn’t own, even if I was planning to live there for a long time, and I don’t know anyone who would either.
I’d only spend on things I could take with me when I moved.

Reactions: 10
I quite like her, but she CONSTANTLY posts stories with such bad spelling mistakes, or even completely different words that they often don’t make any sense. And when she posted the link to sign up for the course it was the wrong one! Why would you pay £2-400 to someone who can’t do basic things?!

Aarrgghh! So now I see a cutesy post from her about her nails and yesterday there was one about her course and another gushing post from a fan asking how she did all this, she’s amazing etc?!
I can’t work out if I’m some jealous witch or if I really do envy her and she is good at what she does

Reactions: 3
I think family members own the house. She's added decking in the garden. It's all very well but theres no way you would make such changes to a rental property unless its gifted or will somehow end up beneficial to them. All my own opinion obviously and could be wrong.

I've blocked her on instagram now. It's just all crass. Her family are very wealthy and it makes me angry she gets so many freebies.

Oh I just forgot - yes her DH did get the SEISS grant which is strange as my DB worked in the same industry paid tax and paye but wasn’t eligible to apply for the SEISS grant, then again both my DB and his wife declared all savings etc so couldn’t declare UB40 etc.

just scrolled through cracklin’s gram as I was bored, hmmm I guess if you want pretty pink, pastel, floral kitsch stuff then that’s fine. I’m tempted to be a bit bitchy about her looks etc but that wouldn’t be nice but I was actually more impressed than I expected even though it’s a lot of nothingness and shout outs for stuff. I’m surprised she’s not bigger considering she stuffs her face! I think she’s taller than me (I’m 5’5) as I know for a fact Jack is about 6’4. And some, not most, but some of her outfit choices are ok. She really should ditch the vast majority of those stupid dresses though as most of them do her no favours whatsoever.

I think she’s quite pretty looking. I really love her hair but don’t love the copious amounts of stories about washing her fringe.

The dresses don’t suit her.

She just posted with three bars of the Tonys chocolate - The bars are a fiver a pop! 15 quid on chocolate. Those one to ones...

• Wow