Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do on the whole like Charlotte, but can’t believe someone who is “woke” enough to recently point out the flaws of Roald Dahl 🙄 but hasn’t distanced herself or put anything out there about the Sarah A debacle. I follow a few other indie sellers that have done some of Charlotte other courses- so maybe she thinks she’s above it all as her content seems to have been praised by her customers? Also I really hope she doesn’t try and encroach on the sewing / crafting Instagram community- all for everyone having a go at whatever takes their fancy- but hate when “influencers” suddenly jump in and brands flock to them!
It's really strange that she's silent on it. There must be a huge crossover of audiences and all those who were either ripped off by Akwisombe or just saw the collapse of her scam will be aware that Charlotte hasn't distanced herself, when others have, very visibly.

It doesn't reflect well, and smacks of the old saying "permission by inaction".

Reactions: 5
Her chat this morning framed by this other stuff? No more 1:1s, no content school, shifting to photography and styling?

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Stories. It’s all reported as positive progress, pivoting, prioritising .... I was just idly wondering if there’s more behind the change in direction. Might not be.

Reactions: 3
Stories. It’s all reported as positive progress, pivoting, prioritising .... I was just idly wondering if there’s more behind the change in direction. Might not be.
I think that you're right. Maybe she's afraid of speaking out for some reason, maybe doesn't want to raise awareness of her former association with Sarah Akwisombe and wants to step away with her reputation intact(ish), although I'd say that the better option would be to properly distance herself.

I only have a vague notion of this Akwisombe hoohaa from here. Did Charlotte attend one the courses then? Or is it more that what she‘s offered is of a similar vein?

Just saw her stories. I expect she has seen here and (rightly) decided that the market for courses/online schools is so saturated now and people actually expect something for their money. It’s not the ‘rinse as many people as you can’ days of Sarah Akwisombe’s big earners.

Respect to Charlotte for ‘pivoting’ away from this but a more explicit distancing from SA would be better. ( I wonder if this was what was stuck in her head but she wasn’t willing to come out with when she couldn’t remember what to say! 🤔)

Reactions: 3
Respect to Charlotte for ‘pivoting’ away from this but a more explicit distancing from SA would be better. ( I wonder if this was what was stuck in her head but she wasn’t willing to come out with when she couldn’t remember what to say! 🤔)
I agree, she's probably wanting to quietly step away from Sarah Akwisombe without reiterating the previous relationship.

I believe Sarah gave her coaching on course creation.

We have an IG coach locally who works on course creation too. There are at least 4 other "coaches" that have worked with her and apart from the colours their adverts/tiles/creative posters are almost identical. To the keen observer it is very obvious.

Reactions: 4
We have an IG coach locally who works on course creation too. There are at least 4 other "coaches" that have worked with her and apart from the colours their adverts/tiles/creative posters are almost identical. To the keen observer it is very obvious.
I know exactly what you mean. You can always tell because they turn into an echo chamber.

I now drink tea from a smaller cup.

I am hypnotised by the nothingness. That a grown up might consider this
post-worthy. Wow.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it’s talking about tidying up. Accessorised in pinks.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Is she for real with those cups and saucers, they're so expensive!! I love the style but she needs to read the room, who has the money for stuff like this at the moment. My mum would be foaming if I spent that much on her for mother's day on tat like that!

Reactions: 4
I know you you don’t know anything about people’s finances etc- but I always find it mad how much she spends on homewares, designer clothing, and doing up their rented home. She’s mentioned before that they’re not planning to buy anytime soon but then seemingly fritters so much money elsewhere! I do often wonder how much of this stuff influencers claim as “business expenses” or props for “content creation” from brands...

Reactions: 6
It's very token-woke isn't it? She reposts a few stories and then moves on to biscuits, plates etc. So disingenuous.

Reactions: 10