Charlotte Dawson #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow she is even willing to lie about what breast pump she uses for a bit of cash how cringe šŸ˜‚
She regularly uses a Lansinoh double electric breast pump even though she spent Ā£460 on the Elvie...
Literally came on to say the exact same thing šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 1
Is it just me or is she even trying to make an advert for a breast pump ā€œ sexy ā€œ šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ hair makeup tan ... in her underlies ?? Why does she need to just be in knickers and bra too ?? It actually makes me feel a bit sick .... that she is making it something it isnā€™t šŸ¤¢ itā€™s one of the most natural things ... feeding your baby ... but her constant ā€œ
Udders ā€œ ā€œtitties ā€œ and now this .... just stop šŸ›‘

Reactions: 9
Is it just me or is she even trying to make an advert for a breast pump ā€œ sexy ā€œ šŸ¤ÆšŸ¤Æ hair makeup tan ... in her underlies ?? Why does she need to just be in knickers and bra too ?? It actually makes me feel a bit sick .... that she is making it something it isnā€™t šŸ¤¢ itā€™s one of the most natural things ... feeding your baby ... but her constant ā€œ
I thought that she was trying to portray the realities of motherhood. She's sold out already?

Reactions: 4
In my opinion the sexualisation of her breastfeeding really sets women back in a world where a lot of people still cannot bear to see a woman breastfeed in public because breasts are seen more as sexual objects than something to provide for your baby. Iā€™ve never seen someone act like she does šŸ¤¢

Reactions: 20
I dont follow her but I just saw the picture of her and him with the baby. It looks like a mills and boon front cover. Makes my skin crawl. Overtly sexualised baby and maternity photo shoots are vile. End of.

Each to their own but if I came across a photo of my mum and dadā€™s photo shoot like that holding baby me... Iā€™d be a bit sick in my mouth, sorry šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 8
She doesn't have a clue. Her baby is 7 weeks. Does she realise that babies aren't supposed to have a routine at this age? Waking up regularly is normal..
Also getting anxiety at the thought of this baby having a bath every single night.. he will have eczema in no time.
Don't be daft. She has probably taken advice from her mum about bathing the baby. I had mine 20 years ago and we bathed them everyday (or at the very least a good top and tail with cotton wool). I actually found it odd that all these instamums don't bath their babies very often. He will be fine and not get a skin condition! Also, he is her baby, babies are not 'supposed' to be anything by 7 weeks old, it is nice to get them into a routine but if you don't want to that is fine for you.

I can't believe I'm actually I'm standing up for her! I only came to say on the show last night she was crying about having GD and wanting to be healthy for her son and yet since the moment she gave birth she has been shovelling junk food down her gob like there won't be a tomorrow!

Reactions: 12
I agree her diet is awful, surely she is aware of the risks of having actual diabetes?

I get wanting to indulge a bit after GD pregnancy, but every single meal and snack she has is so unhealthy.

Goes on about wishing her dad had a better lifestyle and she is no better, at least she is in a position to get herself sorted while she is young.

no doubt once the fitness video deals come along she will realise she was ā€˜unhappy and ā€˜unhealthyā€™ šŸ™„

Iā€™m just catching up on the show and she says ā€œmaybe my dad has made me do thisā€ when talking about gestational diabetes. She MUST be taking the piss šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„ if I was Matt I would really struggle to have sympathy all of the time

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Itā€™s absolutely mental how fixated she is on her dad. Why is nobody stepping in. Her and her mum going to have a casual chat at his statue in the latest episode. Utterly bizzare and sorry to be harsh but after the amount of programs sheā€™s been on itā€™s boring as well

Reactions: 15
Don't be daft. She has probably taken advice from her mum about bathing the baby. I had mine 20 years ago and we bathed them everyday (or at the very least a good top and tail with cotton wool). I actually found it odd that all these instamums don't bath their babies very often. He will be fine and not get a skin condition! Also, he is her baby, babies are not 'supposed' to be anything by 7 weeks old, it is nice to get them into a routine but if you don't want to that is fine for you.

I can't believe I'm actually I'm standing up for her! I only came to say on the show last night she was crying about having GD and wanting to be healthy for her son and yet since the moment she gave birth she has been shovelling junk food down her gob like there won't be a tomorrow!
As someone who suffers with sever atopic dermatitis.. yes bathing your baby everyday can cause eczema, it's more so the product you use rather than the water itself.

Also, there is absolutely no way your 8 week old baby will have a routine. Routines do not happen at that age. Yes they might go to bed at a similar time but they almost never nap at the same time during the day and never wake up at the same time. My baby is a similar age to hers, she has been put to bed at the same time every night this week but she has never woken up at the same time.

To be fair the midwife would have 100% told her not to give him a bath every day. They say it when they show you how to bath them. I know it may have been different years ago, but they tell you not to now.

To be fair the midwife would have 100% told her not to give him a bath every day. They say it when they show you how to bath them. I know it may have been different years ago, but they tell you not to now.
The midwives told me duck all when I had my baby? And I definitely didnā€™t get shown how to bath her. The only advice I got re bathing was from the HV on day 12 which was not to use Johnsonā€™s on her as I suffer from eczema and not to bath her until her cord healed as it was very thick. I think their input has massively changed with covid! However I havenā€™t had a child outside of a global pandemic so donā€™t have anything to go on other than other peoples experiences

As someone who suffers with sever atopic dermatitis.. yes bathing your baby everyday can cause eczema, it's more so the product you use rather than the water itself.

Also, there is absolutely no way your 8 week old baby will have a routine. Routines do not happen at that age. Yes they might go to bed at a similar time but they almost never nap at the same time during the day and never wake up at the same time. My baby is a similar age to hers, she has been put to bed at the same time every night this week but she has never woken up at the same time.
That's exactly what I said. And you are not supposed (or not when my babies were little) to put any products in the water at all. So I am right in that water does not cause skin conditions.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The midwives told me duck all when I had my baby? And I definitely didnā€™t get shown how to bath her. The only advice I got re bathing was from the HV on day 12 which was not to use Johnsonā€™s on her as I suffer from eczema and not to bath her until her cord healed as it was very thick. I think their input has massively changed with covid! However I havenā€™t had a child outside of a global pandemic so donā€™t have anything to go on other than other peoples experiences
I'm from Ireland so maybe it is different here, but your first child they teach you how to bath them.

Reactions: 3
Same here. I had my first baby 2 weeks ago and a midwife hasnā€™t even stepped in my house due to covid I have had to go to them so definitely havenā€™t been shown how to bath him, and health visitor didnā€™t even mention bathing. I would say Charlotte is in the same boat as a lot of new mums during this pandemic, we havenā€™t been seen the same way so she is probably taking advice from her mum and the advice would have been different back then

Does anyone else find the videos she posts of the baby uncomfortable to watch? She doesnā€™t engage with him, no nice chats etc & he looks unsettled to me, itā€™s not like sheā€™s filming him laughing or smiling, heā€™s clearly hungry or full of wind as heā€™s unsettled/grimacing & pushing his tongue out! Itā€™s like sheā€™s got no instincts! He clearly needs something but sheā€™s filming like heā€™s being cute! Pick him up & see to him, put the phone away for 5 minutes!

Reactions: 6
Same here. I had my first baby 2 weeks ago and a midwife hasnā€™t even stepped in my house due to covid I have had to go to them so definitely havenā€™t been shown how to bath him, and health visitor didnā€™t even mention bathing. I would say Charlotte is in the same boat as a lot of new mums during this pandemic, we havenā€™t been seen the same way so she is probably taking advice from her mum and the advice would have been different back then
my little one is 18 weeks old and I wasnā€™t shown how to bath her either or any mention of not bathing her every day. Everyone is given different advice and with your first baby you definitely rely on advice from other mums to start with until youā€™re comfortable. Canā€™t believe a midwife hasnā€™t been to your house, last thing you want is dragging a newborn to the midwife! My midwife was at my house the day after I came home from hospital in November but I suppose every area is different.

Yep I had my baby in august so itā€™s been almost 8 months. I had no home visits prior to birth, my 5 and 14 day midwife appts were at the hospital. The HV came out to me at day 12 and gave me a phone call at 6 weeks. Other than that Iā€™ve only had contact when Iā€™ve made it! One of which I had to contact them twice as they didnā€™t get back to me. I totally agree that without the support from the professionals you are naturally going to seek advice from your parents! A lot of which my mum has given me and itā€™s been completely against what I know is current advice - cot bumpers, CIO and early weaning etc

Reactions: 2
Yep I had my baby in august so itā€™s been almost 8 months. I had no home visits prior to birth, my 5 and 14 day midwife appts were at the hospital. The HV came out to me at day 12 and gave me a phone call at 6 weeks. Other than that Iā€™ve only had contact when Iā€™ve made it! One of which I had to contact them twice as they didnā€™t get back to me. I totally agree that without the support from the professionals you are naturally going to seek advice from your parents! A lot of which my mum has given me and itā€™s been completely against what I know is current advice - cot bumpers, CIO and early weaning etc
Thatā€™s been the same for me, and itā€™s actually really affected my breastfeeding as i had to leave the house 3 days after having my baby to drive into our town centre (30 mins away) for my midwife appointment so we opted to bottle feed as I could breast feed while in the car else I would have been late for my appointment, and had to do that again at day 5 and havenā€™t been seen by midwife since. Itā€™s rubbish really so all I have is my mum and my sister in laws for advice but my mum had her last child (me) 28 years ago and my SILs had their children 10 and 6 years ago so things have changed even in that short period

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.