Charlotte Dawson #12 100% when the rollers are in, she's out with a packet & loadsa gin!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand how this is a bad thing? I have always called my mum by her first name. She gave me a choice when I was younger and I choice to call her by her name. I know she’s my mum and she knows I’m her daughter? I have also gave my children the choice too and whichever they want to call me they can. I know it’s not the norm to call your parents by their first name but I don’t see how this has anything to do with her bad parenting?!
Wow now that’s just bleeping nuts 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I don’t understand how this is a bad thing? I have always called my mum by her first name. She gave me a choice when I was younger and I choice to call her by her name. I know she’s my mum and she knows I’m her daughter? I have also gave my children the choice too and whichever they want to call me they can. I know it’s not the norm to call your parents by their first name but I don’t see how this has anything to do with her bad parenting?!
It’s weird to teach your child your name instead of mum or mummy ( except step parents )

Reactions: 13
Wow now that’s just bleeping nuts 🤣🤣
Why? Why is it nuts? Pleas explain to me

It’s weird to teach your child your name instead of mum or mummy ( except step parents )
Can you explain why it’s weird? I honestly think it’s more weird that you all find it weird lol I understand that it’s not the norm, but I would genuinely love for somebody to explain to me what is wrong with this and why it is weird? Please

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Can you explain why it’s weird? I honestly think it’s more weird that you all find it weird lol I understand that it’s not the norm, but I would genuinely love for somebody to explain to me what is wrong with this and why it is weird? Please
You’re not making sense? Why would you want your child calling you by name? You’re the weird one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd feel like I was talking to someone else's kid if I was teaching them to say my actual name. It's your kid, you're Mumma! It's a bit 'friends' vibes.

• Heart
You’re not making sense? Why would you want your child calling you by name? You’re the weird one
I’m making perfect sense? Please tell me where I haven’t made sense?! Also everybody is saying this is weird and I am politely asking why they think it’s weird and nobody is answering me? Lol the fact I call my mum by her first name and anybody else who choices to do so, is a non issue. Everything else you’ve pointed out on this thread are all valid/worrying reasons why she may need extra help/support to parent her son. But him calling them by their first name isn’t one in my eyes.

I'd feel like I was talking to someone else's kid if I was teaching them to say my actual name. It's your kid, you're Mumma! It's a bit 'friends' vibes.
That’s fair enough. I respect your opinion 😊 and appreciate that you haven’t just told me I’m weird! I get how people would feel this way. It’s really just the norm for me and I don’t feel that way because I’m so used to it. I have to add I give my son a choice or I suppose if he calls me by my first name I don’t correct him as such. But 90% of the time he calls me mum. I’m happy with whatever he wants as long as he’s respectful about it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m making perfect sense? Please tell me where I haven’t made sense?! Also everybody is saying this is weird and I am politely asking why they think it’s weird and nobody is answering me? Lol the fact I call my mum by her first name and anybody else who choices to do so, is a non issue. Everything else you’ve pointed out on this thread are all valid/worrying reasons why she may need extra help/support to parent her son. But him calling them by their first name isn’t one in my eyes.

That’s fair enough. I respect your opinion 😊 and appreciate that you haven’t just told me I’m weird! I get how people would feel this way. It’s really just the norm for me and I don’t feel that way because I’m so used to it. I have to add I give my son a choice or I suppose if he calls me by my first name I don’t correct him as such. But 90% of the time he calls me mum. I’m happy with whatever he wants as long as he’s respectful about it lol
Just because you do something and think it’s the norm doesn’t mean it is. It is not the norm for people to call their parents by their first name, sorry. You do you and all that but it’s not normal and you can’t expect everyone else to agree that it is.

Reactions: 17
Just because you do something and think it’s the norm doesn’t mean it is. It is not the norm for people to call their parents by their first name, sorry. You do you and all that but it’s not normal and you can’t expect everyone else to agree that it is.
Okay no problem. I just wanted peoples polite opinions on why they think it’s weird. I haven’t been rude to anybody

Reactions: 4
I think it's an honour to have my child call me mummy, I'm their mummy, I'm not their friend or their mate ..I'm their mummy. I personally find it quite sad that for shits and giggles she's encouraging Noah to call his daddy by his name and yet she's quite happy to teach him to call a card board cutout of a dead person Grandad ? It's personal choice but personally I find it quite sad that you wouldn't want your child to call you mummy or daddy.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

I reckon it’s a respect thing

• Heart
“Losing my dad at 8 months old broke me”
Are 8 month olds even that aware of what’s going on around them? I’m sure it’s a sad situation and all, never getting to meet your dad, but she didn’t even know him, and in no way can use his death as an excuse for her tit lifestyle. This girl is psychotic
She’s defo tapped in the head

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Weird AF in my opinion but that alone does not equate to bad parenting. It’s just everything else she does🤔

I think most people, myself included find it an absolute joy to hear you child call you mummy or daddy. Mines 3 and it still warms my heart to hear ‘mammy’. It’s a word nobody else calls me, only your child. My friends call me by my name, my colleagues, my relatives… only my son calls me mammy.💜

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Okay no problem. I just wanted peoples polite opinions on why they think it’s weird. I haven’t been rude to anybody
I don’t think it’s a sign of a bad parent but it’s unusual and to most people it sounds odd to hear a toddler calling their parents by their names. Not as unusual when they’re older and choose how they want to address them

Reactions: 9
I’m 39 and I’d never dream of calling my mum by her first name. I know the exact look she’d give me if I did 🥹. It’s a respect thing, also could be how you’re brought up too? Each to their own but it’s a definite no-no in my family and extended family.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.