Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
-Met Kylie & her then boyfriend (I couldn’t tell you his name but it was about 1989) on the Orient Express. She was so tiny even to me then, but very lovely & friendly. Had a long chat with my parents.Her boyfriend just seemed amused by her being recognised.
-The Format while they were touring with All American Rejects 2006. Staying at the same hotel. Sam Means was cool & chatty. His musical knowledge was amazing. Nate was very very weird. Would only let people sit on his right, took his shoes off and drank ALOT. (Met him again in 2015, more chatty but generally very moody).
-My best meet has to be Gillian Wright, who we met after panto in Malvern (staying at same hotel) She was so lovely, chatty and genuinely interested in talking to us. (She has been poorly the week before, so would have understood if she hadn’t been up to talking to people).
I didn’t expect to like her so much, even just talking to her she had an amazing star quality about her.
-Amy Childs - so sweet and actually really nice to talk to.
-Sam Fox - rude and generally very unpleasant.
-Terry Pratchett- he was doing a book signing and was very very rude to everyone in the queue when it came time to sign their books. Very odd experience. People we chatted to about it afterward were as shocked as we were.
-& finally for those interested lol Chris and Sarah before the allegations. At Forest holidays. Sarah was super chatty and friendly, Chris very quiet and kept fidgeting lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I've met all of Walk the Moon (met Kevin, the bassist, twice) they are all lovely and so friendly. We had trouble with my camera but Nick took his time with me and made sure we got a good picture together. They are all just genuinely nice people.

Nate Ruess very briefly but we didnt get to chat or get a picture.

Olly Murs, I was with friends and they saw him go into a shop and ran in to take a picture with him. We were like 14 and looking back, i'm surprised he wasn't annoyed by a group of teenaged girls following him around but he was lovely and took a picture. I had no interest in him so stayed back, but he was nice to my friends.

Reactions: 3
Met Ben Shepherd, he was great and really chatty. Ant and Dec - actually the nicest guys on the planet. Gazza - very friendly and funny. David Seaman - lovely. Robbie Williams - met him briefly and he signed a shirt for us (I was on a uni trip) and was friendly. Ade Edmonson - he was really friendly and very tolerant of us being star struck! Damien Lewis - again totally lovely, although he was a little quiet. Paul Danan -
He was so sleazy and just gross! Dermot O'Leary I met at Live 8 and he was really good fun and had his photo taken with us, as did Sara Cox.

Alison Hammond came into the shop I worked in when I was doing my degree and was awful, a real 'don't you know who I am' moment!

My best celeb meet was Jake Gyllenhall in New York. I caught his eye and he smiled and said Hi and then looked behind me at the coach load of sightseers that I'd just got off and kind of grimaced. So I said 'I won't tell them it's you if you want to make a quick getaway' and he said 'I appreciate it, thanks. Nice to meet you' and then pulled his hat down lower and walked away. I was shaking after. Kind of regretted not getting a photo though!
Jake Gyllenhall is my crush, I absolutely head over heels adore him! How incredible!

Reactions: 3
I met Derren Brown after one of his shows, and I actually was one of the audience members picked for some of the show. He is absolutely lovely, and stayed by the stage door for ages. The guy I went with had met him a few times and Derren even remembered signing a book for him years back.

Met Tim Minchin at a gig. He's great, such a funny guy.
My husband is a Derren Brown fan , I think his shows are staged or is he as good as he makes out ?

Met Ben Shepherd, he was great and really chatty. Ant and Dec - actually the nicest guys on the planet. Gazza - very friendly and funny. David Seaman - lovely. Robbie Williams - met him briefly and he signed a shirt for us (I was on a uni trip) and was friendly. Ade Edmonson - he was really friendly and very tolerant of us being star struck! Damien Lewis - again totally lovely, although he was a little quiet. Paul Danan -
He was so sleazy and just gross! Dermot O'Leary I met at Live 8 and he was really good fun and had his photo taken with us, as did Sara Cox.

Alison Hammond came into the shop I worked in when I was doing my degree and was awful, a real 'don't you know who I am' moment!

My best celeb meet was Jake Gyllenhall in New York. I caught his eye and he smiled and said Hi and then looked behind me at the coach load of sightseers that I'd just got off and kind of grimaced. So I said 'I won't tell them it's you if you want to make a quick getaway' and he said 'I appreciate it, thanks. Nice to meet you' and then pulled his hat down lower and walked away. I was shaking after. Kind of regretted not getting a photo though!
omg Im a massive Robbie fan id have passed out if id have seen him , Im glad he was nice

Reactions: 2
Jake Gyllenhall is my crush, I absolutely head over heels adore him! How incredible!
I’m quite a fan too and also actually saw him in real life, we were at the same play in London. I could tell he didn’t want to be recognised then either and I left him alone of course. All I really have to add is he is shorter than expected but just as gorgeous.

I've met JK Rowling she was in my work one day shopping and she was lovely, signed autographs no problem.
I used to work for her a couple of years ago and never managed to get a Hello when she showed up in the office :cautious:
I felt she used to sneak into our glass boardroom unseen to avoid contact with her employees. It was a small office BTW, not a huge corporate setting.

Reactions: 6
I met a famous guy who's now married but at the time I quickly found out he had a very colourful history with women. He tried it on with me and a member of his staff told me he had "one of his gf's with him backstage" so I gave a wide berth. Tbh he scared me so. He was weird and staring. I don't want to name names but seriously he was a right womaniser. I had a little dig about on my return home and wow.

Right now he's playing the doting father and husband. I find it amusing, after he spent a decade telling his young non-famous girls he was not the marrying sort and would never have a child, he met a woman and married her right away. The woman he's with is famous in her own right and he can't believe his luck he pulled her. She has no clue of his past history, included using prostitutes abroad in very dodgy areas indeed. He kept his womanizing away from the press, and has a squeaky clean image. I tested him once on his socials using a fake social account and he sent me a pic of himself in the shower, with his head cut off. He was easy. I blocked him lol. I wondered if he had actually fancied me at his book signing event, or if he was just easy. At one point he was dating a really nice girl, stunning looking, unknown. he didn't treat her nicely and cheated on her with someone else on tv, who incidentally she was married!

He was never one for premiere's and things but she is so every time I see them in the dm at events etc I laugh as his smile looks so forced and grim! His wife now posts endless pics of the kid and he always looks like he hates his life and holds the baby like it's a turd. She can't see it. I think they'll stay together because he seems genuinely shocked to be with her, but she has no idea that this family life was never something he desired. In fact the moment the baby was born he left her for work for a considerable amount of time. She should get used to that.
I need to know who this is 🤣

Reactions: 4
Could I have a pm please?! I keep feeling like the threads moved on so I can’t ask 😄🙈

(Delete if needed) but if I said the word “deadly” and the current age of Madonna... you should be able to get it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.