Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park/Fort Minor. It was a couple of weeks before the year anniversary of Chester dying.
I won a meet and greet with 20 other people, got to watch him give an interview and then speak to him after. He was so incredibly kind and smelt lovely. The room we were put in was tiny and the air con had broken, the only fans were put by Mike. By the time it came to having a proper picture with him I was so worried he was going to feel my sweaty back and refuse to have the picture taken 🤣🤣
It's weird, I just watched his Roundhouse performance on Youtube at the weekend and it honestly had me in tears! When the crowd started shouting 'Chester' he said 'thanks for saying his name' and that just sent me right over the edge!! Glad he was nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Stu Francis (from Crackerjack) lovely was in the 80s lived on the same street and you could just go to his house and knock and get a signed autograph. His daughter was in the same school year as me and our class ended up on tv, think it was telling jokes to Basil Brush.

Amir Khan took a friend to hospital and he was there for a head scan, mentioned I was originally from Bolton and we chatted for ages, lovely.

Mags from a-ha again absolutely lovely, joking that he always took a bad photo to relax me whilst taking a selfie with him. (5 years ago and I still want to go omg I had a selfie with Mags)

Earl Spencer (Princess Di's dad) he used to sit in the cafe at Althorp whilst people rushed past him to get to the house, Raine and Barbara Cartland used to srve in the shop both with makeup troweled on accordingto my mum. We went so often that he recognised us and would come and sit with us. My parents have a photo of me and him, he is dressed in a short sleeved shirt and trousers with a camera round his neck looking like an ordinary bloke.
I used to have such a crush on Stu Francis when I was 10, I used to dream about marrying him🤣🤣

Reactions: 5
i've met mary berry at a country fair, so lovely and warm. Made sure everyone had a chance to meet her and seemed like such a genuinely kind lady <3

Reactions: 7
I was in a long queue for immigration in LA airport. Dave Grohl was about 10 people in front, holding a child. Really friendly and chatting to people around him.

In the same queue a British Z Celeb. I can’t remember his name but a black guy, choreographer, friend of Jade Goody, Kevin something. He was on the plane dressed casually but changed into a loud suit and stood in the same immigration queue, playing the big I am. Felt like saying, don’t bother mate, there’s a bona fide A lister up ahead.

Someone up thread mentioned Nick Heywood. In his heyday, Haircut 100 days, he used to come into a shop where I was a Saturday girl. Lovely sweet bloke.

Dawn French was a teacher of mine at school. I used to live next door to Amanda Barrie when she played Alma in Corrie - nice enough but loud, a bit bonkers and affected.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Long time lurker , sick of. It being able to see links and get involved so finally decided to get stuck in ☺
So I’ve had lots of encounters. I used to work in nightlife, then ended up being a dancer. I might be using celebrity loosely but I have lots of encounters. I’m 39 so this was the pop hey day. Lots of stories nothing too exciting.
I’ve met people along the way who have been so rude. Shaznay from all saints didn’t want us in the vicinity. I’d always liked her. Lisa and Claire from steps were very offing. Ran into Lucy Benjamin (Lisa from eastenders) just same place same time and she gave me and my friend a not now guys look. We were literally just in the same place. I was at the same hotel as Geri Halliwell it’s raining men era,when she had her dog Harry. And I was drinking with my friends in the bar, it was the Hyatt Birmingham. And She made sure we were all cleared and had a massive entourage and made much more of a fuss than if She would’ve just checked in? We didn’t even notice her until that?
the nastiest celeb I ever encountered was at a big weekend. It was jamelia, and a little boy was so excited so the security let him get to her and he squealed omg are you jamelia I love you, and she said no that’s not me must be confusing me with someone else. And he went really?? And she just cackled and I thought what a cold hearted witch, she said was not being pestered and that boy was like 5. But it was superstar era! Anyway I’ll leave it there for first post haha

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Long time lurker , sick of. It being able to see links and get involved so finally decided to get stuck in ☺
So I’ve had lots of encounters. I used to work in nightlife, then ended up being a dancer. I might be using celebrity loosely but I have lots of encounters. I’m 39 so this was the pop hey day. Lots of stories nothing too exciting.
I’ve met people along the way who have been so rude. Shaznay from all saints didn’t want us in the vicinity. I’d always liked her. Lisa and Claire from steps were very offing. Ran into Lucy Benjamin (Lisa from eastenders) just same place same time and she gave me and my friend a not now guys look. We were literally just in the same place. I was at the same hotel as Geri Halliwell it’s raining men era,when she had her dog Harry. And I was drinking with my friends in the bar, it was the Hyatt Birmingham. And She made sure we were all cleared and had a massive entourage and made much more of a fuss than if She would’ve just checked in? We didn’t even notice her until that?
the nastiest celeb I ever encountered was at a big weekend. It was jamelia, and a little boy was so excited so the security let him get to her and he squealed omg are you jamelia I love you, and she said no that’s not me must be confusing me with someone else. And he went really?? And she just cackled and I thought what a cold hearted witch, she said was not being pestered and that boy was like 5. But it was superstar era! Anyway I’ll leave it there for first post haha
Maybe all those Strictly viewers knew something

Reactions: 2
Wolf from Gladiators was an absolute sweetheart 😆. He came and opened our Spots Centre as the ‘celebrity guest’ back in the day when Saturday night TV was awesome. He stayed long after he had done his bit, chatting to everyone over a cuppa and seemed a warm and friendly guy. He would snap back into the role of the big bad Wolf in front of the kids though!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I met Samantha Barks when she was in a play in Dublin a few years ago. I thought she was absolutely lovely but I've read somewhere that she's supposed to be a bit of a witch 🤷‍♀️
I met Ian Callaghan in Liverpool. My granddad is a huge Liverpool supporter and they chatted for a good 30 mins like they were old besties.It was lovely to see and a memory my granddad will cherish. This was almost 5 years ago and he still talks about it.
I done a sing a long play thing when I was a kid for a charity show that Katherine Jenkins organised, this was in the 3Arena in Dublin (it was called the Point at the time) being a kid I genuinely hadn't a clue who she was, all I knew was that I got a day off school and spend the day in the Point practising songs (I can't sing for the life of me) but according to my Mam she was absolutely stunning and kind so I'll take that 😂
Aiden Gillian (GOT) lives near my grandparents (or family home I think) and I see him from time to time. He's the type of chap you wouldn't recognise straight away because he just looks like your average joe and it's not until he walks past you have to ask yourself if it's really him 😂 but overal he seems down to earth and doesn't bother anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My mum bumped into Toyah Wilcox a few years back in London. Apparently she was very apologetic and sweet.

Reactions: 7
Noddy Holder told my Dad to duck off way back in the late 70s.
Omg he was nice to us when we asked for his autograph in 2001! Maybe he mellowed or was shocked that a group of young women recognised him 25 years after his heyday. This was just after he was in the Grimleys.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg he was nice to us when we asked for his autograph in 2001! Maybe he mellowed or was shocked that a group of young women recognised him 25 years after his heyday. This was just after he was in the Grimleys.
Might have had something to do with the 'group of young women' part.

Are they still together or is it a ‘just for our kid’ type relationship? 🤔
Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman seemed to have split up, him huffing his way home out of NZ to the other side of the planet to stay at some house in the islands of Scotland during lockdown last year. Apparently they had an open relationship where they both shagged whoever, but still managed to upset each other by shagging around with the wrong people or something anyway. Always had a feeling Gaiman shagged around with fans a lot for some reason.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Might have had something to do with the 'group of young women' part.

Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman seemed to have split up, him huffing his way home out of NZ to the other side of the planet to stay at some house in the islands of Scotland during lockdown last year. Apparently they had an open relationship where they both shagged whoever, but still managed to upset each other by shagging around with the wrong people or something anyway. Always had a feeling Gaiman shagged around with fans a lot for some reason.

He got back to New Zealand, and they've supposedly made up and are having a fresh start. Doesn't seem like it, judging from their social media accounts. I personally think they're trying to see how it goes, for the sake of their son, but ultimately, the writing's on the wall. With so many affairs (and I don't mean anything that comes under their open agreement), the number of times they've split, and their very different ways of doing things, I just can't see it lasting. Anyone else think so?

Reading through these encounters and laughing at the rude encounters with celebs I had no clue existed.

He got back to New Zealand, and they've supposedly made up and are having a fresh start. Doesn't seem like it, judging from their social media accounts. I personally think they're trying to see how it goes, for the sake of their son, but ultimately, the writing's on the wall. With so many affairs (and I don't mean anything that comes under their open agreement), the number of times they've split, and their very different ways of doing things, I just can't see it lasting. Anyone else think so?
I've been dragged along to countless Amanda Palmer shows by my mega-fan friends and I mostly find her a self-indulgent narc but she does get some things right. She can be interesting in her own way. But I am going to venture the 'open relationship' is mostly in the mind of her husband. And he left her with a small child. I'm firmly in her corner on this one.

Reactions: 3
I've been dragged along to countless Amanda Palmer shows by my mega-fan friends and I mostly find her a self-indulgent narc but she does get some things right. She can be interesting in her own way. But I am going to venture the 'open relationship' is mostly in the mind of her husband. And he left her with a small child. I'm firmly in her corner on this one.
Oh yeah, as much as I have a lot of distaste for her, I think what he did was extremely selfish. I'd have filed for divorce by now, if it was me in that position. I feel so much sympathy for their son. As for his father, I wonder if he'll be able to stick with a closed marriage, after so many years doing his own thing, and other people.

Reading through these encounters and laughing at the rude encounters with celebs I had no clue existed.
It’s always good to have a giggle. 😀

More than the Pope is Catholic apparently 😅
I used to know a guy who was a driver for itv and she was a bit of a girl and shagging her security. This was a good 8 years ago tho, so may not be like that now!

It’s always good to have a giggle. 😀

I used to know a guy who was a driver for itv and she was a bit of a girl and shagging her security. This was a good 8 years ago tho, so may not be like that now!
Edit - it was her one male minder not an entourage 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
It's weird, I just watched his Roundhouse performance on Youtube at the weekend and it honestly had me in tears! When the crowd started shouting 'Chester' he said 'thanks for saying his name' and that just sent me right over the edge!! Glad he was nice.
I went to watch that gig and got to touch his hand 🤣🤣 I think I spent most of the night crying and the moment he started playing one more light will live with me forever.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.