Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Michael Bentine (the Goons) at Avebury stone circle, he was absolutely lovely.
Lemmy -backstage at a Motörhead gig. Quite quiet.
Reg Hollis the Bill - really weird. Met a friend from Australia at a Rolling Stones gig, and he had met Reg the night before and introduced us.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
No big names for me. I've met Simon Rimmer a number of times, he often goes for drinks at one of my locals. Chatted to him a few times and he normally nods or says hello when I see him now. Really lovely man, dead chilled and normal.

Anthony Cotton - absolutely vile. Horrible to anyone who approaches him, has a real air of "Don't you know who I am?". Yes I do know, you are a tit actor in a role you should have been booted from years ago.

Fizz from corrie - Sweetheart, will always make time for people I've seen approach her, no airs and graces.

Mollie from Corrie, again lovely, see her out and about a lot as she lives near me.

Badly Drawn Boy - Used to live on my road and go to the same pub. Still see him as he only moved around the corner (to a MASSIVE house with swimming pool - very jealous!). Made me laugh one time, I went to the bar in the pub and he was there, he said hello and asked how I was. Then said the highlight of his day was cleaning out his budgies cage :ROFLMAO: . Oh, and he always wears his hat. No matter what the temperature, it could be 35 degrees, and it's always on.
we couldnt stand Anthony Cotton when he was in the Jungle, you normally find z listers are vile whilst a list celebs are lovely

My sister stayed in a hotel in Edinburgh and they got in a lift with three big Americans who my sister said one looked really familiar ,they chatted briefly about how lovely Edinburgh has been and mentioned it was their birthday (my sisters are twins) although only one twin was in the lift they where there together, anyway later on there was a crowd outside watching some filming going on and this American fella was there so she took a photo and sent it to me to ask who it was as it was annoying her I said Will Ferrall, they where filming Eurovision the film there and the other Americans where a producer and security , He was charming Will Ferrall .I met Paddy McGuiness as well at a testamonial match he was lovely too , pretty quiet in real life but quite friendly. I also used to see John Barnes who lived at the hotel I worked at for a while he was lovely always gave us cuddles and chatted to us bought us a few treats to when he saw us working late , Stephanie Powers came to our hotel she was beautiful so lovely and polite , eddie Kidd was gorgeous and so nice too .

Someone on Twitter said she was awful.

Has anyone met Jennifer Saunders? I saw a video on Youtube (John Denny TV) of her being rather grumpy and flippant with fans outside the BBC studios. If she was going about her personal life, I'd be able to understand her attitude, but this was outside a national broadcasting studio where she chose to broadcast herself.
I met her an d dawn outside the stage door of a theatre , it was pouring with rain and we where soaked, anyway they both came out and asked us if we would like to shelter which we did they signed a program for us and chatted , dawn was actually the more friendly one of the 2, jennifer was quite serious but not nasty just a Ive had enough of being funny type of thing

Last edited:
  • Heart
I met Vicky McClure, Martin Compston and Adrian Dunbar (+ balaclava men) in September while they were filming Line of Duty in my street. They are so so so lovely and had so much time for my 4-year-old 💕
My son went to the same drama classes in Nottingham as Vicky McClure and she still keeps in touch with lots of them. If you look at the cast list of LOD there are lots of Nottm actors who she knew back in the day, so I think she may have put a few kind words in for them.

😂 I wish I could but don’t want any lawsuits
I could say the same thing about Craig Charles - vile human. From a girl who worked for me who had a breakdown one night when he walked into the place where she was working.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Michael Bentine (the Goons) at Avebury stone circle, he was absolutely lovely.
Lemmy -backstage at a Motörhead gig. Quite quiet.
Reg Hollis the Bill - really weird. Met a friend from Australia at a Rolling Stones gig, and he had met Reg the night before and introduced us.
Reg Hollis! I'm actually more jealous about that that anyone else! I thought he might be weird. Don't know why, I just get that feeling.

• Haha
My son went to the same drama classes in Nottingham as Vicky McClure and she still keeps in touch with lots of them. If you look at the cast list of LOD there are lots of Nottm actors who she knew back in the day, so I think she may have put a few kind words in for them.

I could say the same thing about Craig Charles - vile human. From a girl who worked for me who had a breakdown one night when he walked into the place where she was working.
No!!!!!!!!!! Devastated! Red Dwarf has been my favourite tv show since I was young!

Reg Hollis! I'm actually more jealous about that that anyone else! I thought he might be weird. Don't know why, I just get that feeling.
I remember him being in the tabloids years ago for going to BDSM parties with Tara Newell (Joan Collins' daughter) and I'm sure he's done other things that are a little *ahem* quirky but I can't remember right now!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember him being in the tabloids years ago for going to BDSM parties with Tara Newell (Joan Collins' daughter) and I'm sure he's done other things that are a little *ahem* quirky but I can't remember right now!
I was about to post the very same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Saw Richard Blackwood in central London yesterday. Only spotted him because he was acting like an A-lister with his shades on although it was no longer sunny and around 8pm😆 He was standing next to a car that was picking him up, holding out his shopping bags like legally blonde and waiting for I assume the driver/assistant to take them. He looked really pissed off and was muttering something angrily🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My dad worked along side Mike Bushell's (sports presenter for BBC News) father John Bushell, yeah way before he became a presenter my sister was best friends at Ripon Grammar with Louisa Mike's sister, the same school (obviously years before) William Hague (now Lord Hague) was educated at he was a boarder in the only boarding house they have still there Ellington Hall lol. Richard Hammond for aa while was taught there as well, lived in Ripon as well ontop of that

Steve McFadden (Phill Mitchel actor) was a misery guts when I met him a few years back.
That’s strange I met him a few years back in “FACES” Nightclub, he was there for a PA along with Peter Andre and Katie Price when they were married, I think they all must have had the same management... any way Steve was so lovely had so much time to just listen to me bumbling on about how much of a good actor I think he is, only regret that I was so drunk and I could have constructed a better conversation overall if I had been less drunk🤣🤣

Also saw Danielle Lloyd in ladies changing room 🙄 in a posh gym in Essex not long after the racist row in BB (this was before half the country saw her minge with the Pringle obvs...)was just walking round the corner to the hair dryer as I heard a Liverpudlian accent and curiosity got the better of me and low and behold it was her!! she was just taking off her knickers lol she hurriedly put her bikini on (not that I was watching or anything) let’s just say she looked nervous when I asked her for a selfie she didn’t know if I would slap her or something with me being a person of colour... I loved seeing her squirm lol...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I met the Hairy Bikers at a book signing once and they are the kindest, most down to earth people I've ever met. The book we bought was for my mum and they wrote this super personal message inside, sang a song about her, and were just wonderful!

I met Derren Brown at a show, too. Technically twice as I was one of those souls brought from the audience to be at his mercy. The act I was involved in meant I was out of it for 99% of the time I was on stage and when I opened my eyes and saw him in his tuxedo I was equally confused and elated. After the show we went to the stage door and chatted to him for a bit. He's so friendly and kind, although you can tell how introverted he can be, and I totally understood why he stopped doing stage door meet and greets. Super nice guy though. My old boss has a wonderful story about Derren being best man for their mutual friend, too.

Scott Disick - Rodeo Drive stopped and spoke to me and my friend for 5 mins. Smelled good and very polite.

Dame Judi Dench - She literally bumped into me in kings cross station and apologised - Tiny in real life.

Geri Halliwell - was staying at the Lowry same time as us - we had gone to watch the spice girls concert - lovely - and TINY like a child.

Olly Murs - was also at the same hotel - very nice and happy to pose for photos.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My chemical romance, was shopping in Camden market and literally bumped into them! Gerard Way was smaller irl. Mikey gave me a proper good hug.

Mcfly - met them lots of times, always lovely, Dougie is very sweet.

Saw the band Fun. when 'we are young' was blowing up, we hung out with the band a bit - nate ruess is a beautiful human. Gig was quite excellent.

Met various other emo bands that nobody has heard of

Saw Stephen fry in a hurry outside Harrods, he didn't stop to chat but waved & apologised.

Gary Lineker in Euston station, looked thoroughly miserable, watched him from afar - he refused to get in a photo with a young lad. Just rude.

• Heart
My chemical romance, was shopping in Camden market and literally bumped into them! Gerard Way was smaller irl. Mikey gave me a proper good hug.

Mcfly - met them lots of times, always lovely, Dougie is very sweet.

Saw the band Fun. when 'we are young' was blowing up, we hung out with the band a bit - nate ruess is a beautiful human. Gig was quite excellent.

Met various other emo bands that nobody has heard of

Saw Stephen fry in a hurry outside Harrods, he didn't stop to chat but waved & apologised.

Gary Lineker in Euston station, looked thoroughly miserable, watched him from afar - he refused to get in a photo with a young lad. Just rude.
Saw Lineker striding through Waterloo station with a face like a slapped Arse. Looked like a nasty piece of work

• Heart
Met Debbie Harry after a Blondie gig in 2010, she was lovely, shorter than me and I'm 5'3 but she had such a presence. Lovely woman, took time to talk to everyone and sign stuff.

Also met Fiona Bruce at an event I was working, she was really nice, very humble (introduced herself as 'working with the BBC instead of 'Hi I'm Fiona Bruce, you may know me from...') and once she wandered off I went and fangirled to the very next person I spoke to.

• Heart
Kanye west & Kim - at fashion week fitting in NY. V professional & nice but also I was too afraid to say too much. Both tiny In height. Kim is a doll.

mark ruffalo in a candy store with his kid - v nice and friendly as you would imagine.

Alexander Ludwig (vikings actor) at a festival in Ireland. Super nice, posed for pics, just having a good time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I met Stuart Hall in the late eighties when I was kid,he was very nice and friendly but he was probably eying up my ten year old sister.

• Haha
  • Sick
Seen a mix celebs
Craig BB1 winner at Reading train station waiting room looking bored
Dom from Dick & Dom also at Reading station and he looked so dishellved and on something.
Melinda Messenger in the high street near me quite a few times she looks like one of those bobble heads.
Kirsten from SMart, I served her when I worked at H&M and she was buying a kids puffa jacket, she was just normal, ha!
When Beyonce was doing her concert here, she stayed in my village at the time and every night we saw the helicopter flying over our garden. And then when I was shopping in the retail park she went into Mothercare, I didn't see her but I found out when I got home we were there at the same time 😂
Saw Kate of Wills and Kate in Waitrose (worked there too) buying fish at the counter and the fish guy loved it, it was his number one thing to talk about 'i sold lovely Kate some fish'. oh seen her parents around as well, in a few pubs.
Saw Bill Nighy having his breakfast crossiant and reading a newspaper on a street off Regent Street and he looked over the top of his paper like 'yes it's me, please do not disturb' and I was just like yes ofc your just a normal man 👀
Be and my mum literally bumped into Lenny Henry coming out of a lift in Harrods he just kept his flat capped head down and carried on.
That's all my brain can remember atm, no encounters.

• Heart
I saw Fabio Capello and his wife looking at crockery in Harrods when he was still England manager. They seemed very quiet and unassuming.
In that same trip I saw Mohammed Al Fayed walking around the store. The only reason I noticed him was because he was flanked by 3-4 huge bodyguards. He is tiny must only be 5’2” but seemed quite cheery.
I walked past Tom Baker in Rochester years ago and he is sooo tall and was wearing some sort of cape which made me look at him then I twigged who it was. He seemed to be trying to be noticed but very smiley.
Saw the guy who plays Boycie in Only Fools in Oxford when I lived there and thought he was with Marlene but I think it was his actual wife who dressed very similar 🤣

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.