Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mark Owen - many, many years ago, I was sitting in a salt cave and Take That’s Mark Owen came in with his son (who was then a toddler). Mark sat next to me and me, the dumb cow that I am, asked if he came to the salt cave often 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️ He said it’s usually the boy’s mother who comes to the salt cave as his son has breathing problems but they came regularly. Anyway, Mark had no control over Elwood (think that was his name) whatsoever. Elwood kept being naughty and completely ignored Mark when he told him off. Mark then started flicking through OK! Magazine and was reading an interview with Peter Andre when his son opened the door and left the room. Mark didn’t even notice! After a few seconds, I nudged Mark and told him that his son had left and Mark immediately threw his mag down and ran out of the room. He found him and when Mark came back, he told us he was leaving and wished us well in life! He was very humble and down to earth. I don’t know why I wasn’t offered free Take That tickets for “saving” his son though - who knows where he would have ended up if I hadn’t said anything to Mark?! 😂

Have also met Darcy Bussell in Wimbledon when her kids came running up to meet the puppy I was walking. She was lovely and friendly and told me that they had 2 dogs called Lolly and Pop (I think).

Met Joely Richardson briefly when she was walking a dog - tall and polite.

Patsy Palmer nearly ran me over (my fault) when I was running across the road outside Elstree studios. I saw her again soon after in a card shop and I apologised to her for running in front of her car. She was fine about it and gave me an autograph 😆

I also went to school with Owais Shah who used to play cricket for England. Not academic at all but a nice bloke.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
LONG post, but here goes - I've only ever had two celeb encounters, and they were with:

Vic Reeves and family - they have a holiday house in my home town, and I walked past them once. He seemed OK and quite unassuming, Mrs looked quite full of herself. My OH works on the trains and has met Reeves and, in his words, he's a "pompous old git". Also was in Manchester years ago, and we stopped outside this random restaurant to look at the menu, and who should be sat with friends directly opposite me but Rebecca Adlington. She seemed very happy, and genuinely normal. Nothing starry or "look at me" about her.

As I said, my OH works on the trains and has met quite a few "celebs". He hasn't had any bad experiences, but he said Sandi Toksvig was "nice, but condescending", Aggie McKenzie of "How Clean is Your House" fame told him quite abruptly to not believe anything he read when he asked where Kim Woodburn was (as a joke), Jacob Rees-Mogg/Nigel Farage were both twats, the former especially, and Paul O'Grady is absolutely lovely, but thinner in real life. The guards used to let him have a cheeky cig out the back of the train. He also saw Richard Osman walking through M&S in St Pancras, and he really is frightfully tall in real-life, apparently.

A friend of a friend used to work in the catering department of the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and served Enrique Iglesias once - he's very nice, so I'm told. Also, my mother's best friend ever has met Posh and Becks. He was nice and friendly, she to a much lesser extent. My Mum's friend said that, although Posh was genuinely nice, she seemed very aloof, distant and that she'd rather be anywhere but there (and it was in a football capacity too).

Also - does anyone remember years ago the loathsome Amanda Holden called out a tile company on Twitter because they accused her of being some princess who wanted the work done for nothing? It's TRUE! A friend works in pest control and was once called to her house to rid her loft of some rats. She made it quite clear that she expected it to be done for free, and had no qualms in asking him if he knew who she was (to which he replied, "no, but should I?"). She absolutely wanted those tiles done for sweet FA.
Quoting this as I know the family who owned the tile company (now sold) and it is 100% true about Holden. Holden was an entitled witch about it and expected her tiles to be free after the wrong ones were delivered by mistake. The owner made it into a huge joke after she pulled the 'don't you know who I am card' and even did a sale themed around her name for new customers. She even wanted a customer service advisor to be sacked for making a jokey response on Twitter. She has no sense of humour. I think they handled it really well and pulled Holden down a peg or two in the process. They even got extra business afterwards which was good because they have a critically ill disabled child in addition to other wee ones so extra money always helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Quoting this as I know the family who owned the tile company (now sold) and it is 100% true about Holden. Holden was an entitled witch about it and expected her tiles to be free after the wrong ones were delivered by mistake. The owner made it into a huge joke after she pulled the 'don't you know who I am card' and even did a sale themed around her name for new customers. She even wanted a customer service advisor to be sacked for making a jokey response on Twitter. She has no sense of humour. I think they handled it really well and pulled Holden down a peg or two in the process. They even got extra business afterwards which was good because they have a critically ill disabled child in addition to other wee ones so extra money always helps.
I think what you see is what you get with Amanda, she can be a Madame but is a decent person overall, unlike Holly Willoughby who is as fake as Katie Price's bosom.

Reactions: 2
You'll be so shocked. Billy Bragg is an insufferable twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think what you see is what you get with Amanda, she can be a Madame but is a decent person overall, unlike Holly Willoughby who is as fake as Katie Price's bosom.
I'm not getting "decent person overall" from any of these Amanda stories no.

Reactions: 10
I physically walked into Tracey Emin, she was walking around a corner and because I was looking to see if I could cross the road ahead I walked straight into her. She scoffed at me as if I’d slapped her even though I’d apologised and she wasn’t paying attention either… 😅

Pete Doherty, very weird energy but I think this was before he was sober so that’s probably why, came across like he always had somewhere to be when you spoke to him, nobody where I lived liked him after his huskies killed a neighbours cat but he still kept parading around with them.

John Partridge (Christian in Eastenders) on a very busy train, sunshades on, a guy tried asking him for a pic and he made a point of looking at him then putting his EarPods in to ignore him, made the rest of the journey really awkward.

I’ve met Dermot O’Leary twice, both locally and backstage at an X-Factor show. Both times he was lovely, so was Sharon Osbourne, very warm, and she was the same on another occasion I met her. Louis Walsh was refusing to speak to anyone backstage or come out of his dressing room unless he absolutely had to, and when he did his tone of speaking to people was terrible, just a very rude man.

Tyga (rapper, Kylie’s ex) at Ministry of Sound years ago, both him and his team got the absolute arse on when we wouldn’t let our very drunk 18 year old naive friend go backstage with him and them, and he himself basically called us all witches because none of us would go back with him, does NOT handle rejection well.

• Heart
Not met but dealt with her on the phone in a work capacity- Kelly Osborne. Absolutely lovely, polite, patient and accepting of inconvenient pain in the arse info that would've had plenty of people famous or not throwing a tanty. I soooo wanted to say thankyou for being a friend to Amy Winehouse but that would've unprofess.

And Coleen Rooney is a sweetheart I wont hear a bad word about. Her and Wayne do so much quietly for Claire House kids hospice and always have. Makes me laugh when ppl chat wham about how she must only stay with him for the money. She's got 4 kids with him- she'd be getting the money regardless. She's just a genuine family first woman and she'd love Wayne if he was a lollipop man.

Reactions: 15
Oh loving this thread! I’m sure I’ve got lots I can’t remember, here’s a few, nothing very exciting…

Danny Jones (mcfly) - bumped into him Christmas shopping at westfields, really nice guy, got a photo. Georgia his wife was lovely too

Jamie Laing & Sophie Habboo - met through work, both really lovely and exactly as they come across online to be honest. He gave me some candy kittens 😂

DJ Fat Tony - again through work, hadn’t heard of him before, but really wonderful, kind man. Pleased I know who he is now, he’s cool!

Piers Brosnan - crashed our boat into his punting, he made a joke, seemed very nice

Philip Schofield - this was maybe 10 years ago? Up himself, smarmy, made me feel uncomfortable, like I was blessed to be in his presence

David Haye - met at an airport, had a photo with my other half, friendly enough

Lee Ryan - really friendly, cheeky, I liked him!

Calum Best - nice guy, friendly, not very intelligent

I’ve met quite a few footballers through work, all very humble and almost shy actually. But I don’t like football… just Jack Grealish and I haven’t met him sadly!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ooh last post just prompted me - I’ve met Calum Best when I was much younger. He was absolutely lovely but surprisingly on the shy side. Better to look at in the flesh.

Reactions: 4
On our wedding day a couple of weeks ago we bumped into Bill Nighy and got a photo with him. He was lovely and was dressed very smart. Looks exactly the same in real life as he does on screen.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Calum Best is indeed very lovely. Beautiful manners and very charming.
I have met Ronan Keating, but it was at a signing so he was nice. I’ve heard others say he’s a nasty piece of work though.
I’ve met so many famous people- I think I’ve mentioned a fair few on various threads so it’s probably easier just to round them up as it were.

Lee Ryan- as mentioned above, lovely guy. I’ve been following him for years and he knows me now. He once stopped my wheelchair having a nasty accident and was incredibly lovely to me when I had cancer.

Duncan James- absolute queen witch. I do not like the guy. He’s sweet as sugar if he thinks he’ll get something out of you, though. Usually having his enormous ego massaged.

Jamie Redknapp- lovely but an absolute flirt.

Freddie Flintoff- also lovely but shy to the point of being abrupt. I read in his book that he’s anxious around people who he thinks might like him, and he can come across abrupt for that reason. The first time I met him I was so nervous I was almost in tears (I suffer with severe social anxiety) and I think he clocked that too. Actually funnily enough it was exactly one year today that I last met him when I was in the audience for Top Gear.

Danny Dyer- he’s an absolute geezer. I met him after his show at the Harold Pinter theatre and although he nearly set fire to my wig with his cigarette when he hugged me, he’s very lovely. Has time for anyone who wants him but seems genuinely bemused by all the attention he gets.

James Arthur- an absolute sweetheart who genuinely loves his fans, but he can be hard to get near. Doesn’t seem to like it when others are ‘more famous’ than him as he’s used to being the centre of attention. However if you can grab his attention he’s a darling.

Lee from Steps- he’s a bit arsey. Lovely to look at, but arsey.

Chris Ramsey- love him to bits. Used to have some mental convos with him but ever since that very unlovely wife of his got ideas above her station he’s not like he used to be. I saw him at the NTA’s but I don’t think he recognised me.

Roman Kemp- we are distantly related so my experience is probably a little different but harking back to the days before I told him and I was just another fan, he’s always in a huge hurry but will stop for a quick autograph or photo for anyone who wants it. He’s very sweet too.

Stephen Mulhern- he’s weird. Not keen on him at all. My mate is utterly obsessed with him and he’s nice to her when he’s got his persona on but the rest of the time he pretends to be talking on the phone and he isn’t, he just thinks he’s better than everyone.

Ant and Dec- Dec is a darling. He’s lovely. My relatives lived near him when he was growing up and when I spoke to him about them he remembered their names without me telling him. Ant is weird. Not keen on him either.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Calum Best is indeed very lovely. Beautiful manners and very charming.
I have met Ronan Keating, but it was at a signing so he was nice. I’ve heard others say he’s a nasty piece of work though.
I’ve met so many famous people- I think I’ve mentioned a fair few on various threads so it’s probably easier just to round them up as it were.

Lee Ryan- as mentioned above, lovely guy. I’ve been following him for years and he knows me now. He once stopped my wheelchair having a nasty accident and was incredibly lovely to me when I had cancer.

Duncan James- absolute queen witch. I do not like the guy. He’s sweet as sugar if he thinks he’ll get something out of you, though. Usually having his enormous ego massaged.

Jamie Redknapp- lovely but an absolute flirt.

Freddie Flintoff- also lovely but shy to the point of being abrupt. I read in his book that he’s anxious around people who he thinks might like him, and he can come across abrupt for that reason. The first time I met him I was so nervous I was almost in tears (I suffer with severe social anxiety) and I think he clocked that too. Actually funnily enough it was exactly one year today that I last met him when I was in the audience for Top Gear.

Danny Dyer- he’s an absolute geezer. I met him after his show at the Harold Pinter theatre and although he nearly set fire to my wig with his cigarette when he hugged me, he’s very lovely. Has time for anyone who wants him but seems genuinely bemused by all the attention he gets.

James Arthur- an absolute sweetheart who genuinely loves his fans, but he can be hard to get near. Doesn’t seem to like it when others are ‘more famous’ than him as he’s used to being the centre of attention. However if you can grab his attention he’s a darling.

Lee from Steps- he’s a bit arsey. Lovely to look at, but arsey.

Chris Ramsey- love him to bits. Used to have some mental convos with him but ever since that very unlovely wife of his got ideas above her station he’s not like he used to be. I saw him at the NTA’s but I don’t think he recognised me.

Roman Kemp- we are distantly related so my experience is probably a little different but harking back to the days before I told him and I was just another fan, he’s always in a huge hurry but will stop for a quick autograph or photo for anyone who wants it. He’s very sweet too.

Stephen Mulhern- he’s weird. Not keen on him at all. My mate is utterly obsessed with him and he’s nice to her when he’s got his persona on but the rest of the time he pretends to be talking on the phone and he isn’t, he just thinks he’s better than everyone.

Ant and Dec- Dec is a darling. He’s lovely. My relatives lived near him when he was growing up and when I spoke to him about them he remembered their names without me telling him. Ant is weird. Not keen on him either.
Weird how for Ant?
The Stephen one sounds funny, always the hope that someone will ring whilst he's pretending to be on the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I was hoping that too 😂
Ant is very distant and almost cold with how he comes across whereas Dec is totally the opposite, warm, friendly and engaging.

Reactions: 7
I was hoping that too 😂
Ant is very distant and almost cold with how he comes across whereas Dec is totally the opposite, warm, friendly and engaging.
A friend of mine met them both not so long ago whilst filming something and said exactly the same. Dec was lovely but Ant kept very much to himself.

Ant can thank his lucky stars that being with Dec saved his career. It seems everyone adores Dec, not so much Ant.

When I was a young kid under 10, I went to a Really wild show convention and met Chris Packham and Terry, I remember both of them being really chatty and lovely to us kids, they brought along a selection of small animals to talk about and hold

I also met Spike Milligan at a church fete, he was handing out raffle prizes, again I was very young

I met Robert Powell in a London pub around Covent Garden with our work mates for an after dinner pub crawl at Xmas around 2007 is, everyone wanted pics and he was happy to oblige

Reactions: 4
I once met Sir Ian McKellen. He came into my school to give a little talk to the drama students. Had really piercing eyes. I got his autograph for my Nan. He signed it “Be good”, not realising it was for her 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7