Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Roxanne Pallet! I was at a Jason Manford stand up gig at MEN arena in Manchester around 2010 and were were in the foyer before being allowed to go into the actual arena. I was waiting for my boyfriend and I was quite dressed up. She was near me and I recognised her from her emmerdale days. I looked at her and smiled and I swear she gave me the dirtiest look up and down ever and wouldn’t stop staring at me. I could feel her staring at the corner of my eye and I looked again and she was still staring in a really bitchy way so I asked her what her problem was. She said something along the lines of “I’ve not got a problem, don’t speak to me”. My boyfriend came over and I quickly told him what had happened and he said if you’ve got an issue, please speak up and called her a silly witch 😭 She then moved away.
I don’t think she was as well known back then, I only knew her through emmerdale. She had an AWFUL vibe about her and I just felt the nastiness oozing out of her. I believe every single story from ex cast mates and celebs of bad encounters they’ve had with her. She made me feel so self conscious and like dirt and we hardly even spoke.
She was very small and petite, pretty but overpowered by bad vibes if that makes sense!

• Wow
Reactions: 43
Roxanne Pallet! I was at a Jason Manford stand up gig at MEN arena in Manchester around 2010 and were were in the foyer before being allowed to go into the actual arena. I was waiting for my boyfriend and I was quite dressed up. She was near me and I recognised her from her emmerdale days. I looked at her and smiled and I swear she gave me the dirtiest look up and down ever and wouldn’t stop staring at me. I could feel her staring at the corner of my eye and I looked again and she was still staring in a really bitchy way so I asked her what her problem was. She said something along the lines of “I’ve not got a problem, don’t speak to me”. My boyfriend came over and I quickly told him what had happened and he said if you’ve got an issue, please speak up and called her a silly witch 😭 She then moved away.
I don’t think she was as well known back then, I only knew her through emmerdale. She had an AWFUL vibe about her and I just felt the nastiness oozing out of her. I believe every single story from ex cast mates and celebs of bad encounters they’ve had with her. She made me feel so self conscious and like dirt and we hardly even spoke.
She was very small and petite, pretty but overpowered by bad vibes if that makes sense!

:eek: Who was she with?

Reactions: 3
I met Hugh Jackman in London about 3 years ago. Literally the nicest man ever. Spent ages talking and seemed genuinely interested in chatting. He smelt amazing too *swoon*

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Had a few meet ups and dinner with Sir Bobby Robson and his wife. Absolutely lovely people. No airs and graces, funny, interesting and very interested in whoever he was talking to.

Rebel Wilson. Nice lady, much quieter and shy than her persona.

Geoffrey Boycott. Complete arse!

Sian Philips. Professional, quiet, polite

Stephen Merchant, nice guy

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Amelle Berrabah - lovely. Met her a few years ago and she was very chatty, she also said I had lovely eyes. She is tiny in real life!
Jenny McAlpine - also lovely. Sister has met her a few times and said she is always very friendly.
Noel Edmonds - vile. Came into Co-op and said 'Excuse me, if anybody touches, talks, or even looks me, I’ll leave!'. He couldn’t handle the lack of attention and furiously left after less than 2 minutes.
Antony Cotton - awful. Very unfriendly towards staff and thinks he’s better than everyone.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
José Mourinho in a hotel bar in about 2003/4. I didn’t know who he was initially but he came across as quite considerate and engaging.

It was midweek and I’d just got back to the hotel I was staying at for work. Went to the (really quiet) bar for a sandwich and glass of wine and as I was finishing a large group of ‘boys’ turned up in track suits. I’d been sitting at the bar so waited while they all got served by the understaffed bar staff and then some bloke in a suit apologised for the disturbance they were causing, unbeknownst to me settled my bill (that was on a company account anyway) and had a glass of wine served to me as an apology.

It wasn’t until 2 days later when the same barman came back on shift that he told me who he was. I’ve never been a football fan but since getting married to one, I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for José.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I worked in airport security, sometimes in the VIP areas.
Here’s a few that I remember…
Penelope Cruz - lovely, friendly and sat on the floor , playing with her little boy.
Andi Peters - friendly and funny ( he used to fly in the UK a lot and knew many of us by name)
Rihanna - rude, off hand, had many minions to carry her handbag, hat and make sure that no-one spoke to her.
Amanda Seyfried - so pretty and really smiley and nice.
Status Quo - jokey and friendly
Madonna - quiet but friendly and said thanks to us. I was surprised at how small she is.
Edward and Sophie - friendly and carried their own suit covers and a hat box.
Daniel Craig - tired and scruffy but still very handsome and very polite.
Paul McCartney and wife - low key, stood on the platform waiting for train to other terminal with everyone else, said hello and smiled.
Venus Williams - rude
Usain Bolt - huge! Friendly and polite.
Rudest were business people and Middle Eastern royalty - they also had obnoxious, badly behaved children!

Reactions: 36
Graham Norton. Funny, friendly, polite and down to earth. So glad as I love anything he's on.

Reactions: 21
I met Hugh Jackman in London about 3 years ago. Literally the nicest man ever. Spent ages talking and seemed genuinely interested in chatting. He smelt amazing too *swoon*
never heard a bad word about him when you hear of people who have met him! Lots of other celebs name him as a complete gent

Reactions: 11