Celebrities you've met...the good, the bad and the ugly! #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My Dad was on a flight with Toby Maguire. He said he seemed pretty awful, even pinching one of the air hostesses bums šŸ˜”

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
LONG post, but here goes - I've only ever had two celeb encounters, and they were with:

Vic Reeves and family - they have a holiday house in my home town, and I walked past them once. He seemed OK and quite unassuming, Mrs looked quite full of herself. My OH works on the trains and has met Reeves and, in his words, he's a "pompous old git". Also was in Manchester years ago, and we stopped outside this random restaurant to look at the menu, and who should be sat with friends directly opposite me but Rebecca Adlington. She seemed very happy, and genuinely normal. Nothing starry or "look at me" about her.

As I said, my OH works on the trains and has met quite a few "celebs". He hasn't had any bad experiences, but he said Sandi Toksvig was "nice, but condescending", Aggie McKenzie of "How Clean is Your House" fame told him quite abruptly to not believe anything he read when he asked where Kim Woodburn was (as a joke), Jacob Rees-Mogg/Nigel Farage were both twats, the former especially, and Paul O'Grady is absolutely lovely, but thinner in real life. The guards used to let him have a cheeky cig out the back of the train. He also saw Richard Osman walking through M&S in St Pancras, and he really is frightfully tall in real-life, apparently.

A friend of a friend used to work in the catering department of the Principality Stadium in Cardiff and served Enrique Iglesias once - he's very nice, so I'm told. Also, my mother's best friend ever has met Posh and Becks. He was nice and friendly, she to a much lesser extent. My Mum's friend said that, although Posh was genuinely nice, she seemed very aloof, distant and that she'd rather be anywhere but there (and it was in a football capacity too).

Also - does anyone remember years ago the loathsome Amanda Holden called out a tile company on Twitter because they accused her of being some princess who wanted the work done for nothing? It's TRUE! A friend works in pest control and was once called to her house to rid her loft of some rats. She made it quite clear that she expected it to be done for free, and had no qualms in asking him if he knew who she was (to which he replied, "no, but should I?"). She absolutely wanted those tiles done for sweet FA.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
First post from longtime lurker

Around the time Cutting It was being filmed in Manchester, I encountered Les Dennis at the bus stop outside the Spar. He was singing to himself really quite loudly as if he wanted to be noticed. Intriguingly, his eyebrows looked like they'd been drawn on by a toddler with a sharpie.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I checked in next to David Beckham at an air port once! My jaw dropped to the floor when I realised it was him.

Reactions: 5
Amelle Berrabah - lovely. Met her a few years ago and she was very chatty, she also said I had lovely eyes. She is tiny in real life!
Jenny McAlpine - also lovely. Sister has met her a few times and said she is always very friendly.
Noel Edmonds - vile. Came into Co-op and said 'Excuse me, if anybody touches, talks, or even looks me, Iā€™ll leave!'. He couldnā€™t handle the lack of attention and furiously left after less than 2 minutes.
Antony Cotton - awful. Very unfriendly towards staff and thinks heā€™s better than everyone.
I can second Noel Edmonds as a complete tosser. Did a Christmas kids thing with him and he was absolutely horrible to everyone and completely up his own arse.

Reactions: 8
I met Jeremy Kyle all the way back in 2010 and he was actually very polite and forthcoming, if you can believe it!!

Also met Westlife a couple of times in the mid 2000s. I had to sing in front of them for my first meeting, I was barely out of my pre-teens. As soon as I started to sing Kian sniggered and Shane glanced over at him and followed suit. Shane then said that they were both laughing at something they'd heard earlier but I doubt that was true. Luckily Mark and Nicky were really encouraging and kind, they were both so lovely and made the whole experience worthwhile. The ironic thing is that Kian was my favourite member at the time! Safe to say he isn't now šŸ˜‚

The pro wrestler Kurt Angle was also really lovely and happily stopped for a photo even though he seemed like he had somewhere to be.

Reactions: 6
I met Jeremy Kyle all the way back in 2010 and he was actually very polite and forthcoming, if you can believe it!!

Also met Westlife a couple of times in the mid 2000s. I had to sing in front of them for my first meeting, I was barely out of my pre-teens. As soon as I started to sing Kian sniggered and Shane glanced over at him and followed suit. Shane then said that they were both laughing at something they'd heard earlier but I doubt that was true. Luckily Mark and Nicky were really encouraging and kind, they were both so lovely and made the whole experience worthwhile. The ironic thing is that Kian was my favourite member at the time! Safe to say he isn't now šŸ˜‚

The pro wrestler Kurt Angle was also really lovely and happily stopped for a photo even though he seemed like he had somewhere to be.
i met jezza Kyle too - he was absolutely lovely and bought me a jƤger bomb šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ugly
Jimmy Saville - I'm 47 now but was 17 ish, in Blackpool. He had done a charity thing. He was stood outside with a group of young children near horse shoe bar. Got his autograph though he made my skin crawl. Major bad vibes.

Rolf Harris - prior to the Saville. Me and bro got took to show at Preston Guildhall, waited backstage with mum. Autograph again but no vibes though really disgusted he another bad one.

I know Liam Gallagher is a bad un. I had a friend who was related to Liza Ghorbani. Met her mum and one of her other sisters (decent people). Liam does not give a f about his daughter Gemma and made that family life hell. Cannot say more but he is a c u next Tuesday.

Nick Knowles - in my past life I spent a lot of time at BSB (British Superbikes) 2015 to 2016. Nick was in Shakey Byrne's garage one day, he gave major ick too. Arrogant, icky and just did not enjoy his presence.

David Moyes - not a personal meet though he met an old friend of mine and enjoyed her "company" whilst happily married (I know it takes 2 but we don't always know)

Good

Keith Flint Prodigy - RIP Keith. Sterling all around bloke. Followed him via Prod, Glasto 95, various gigs and met him and got hugs and kiss at BSB 2016. He managed a team. ā¤ Him. Bumped into him in my rave days at Hippodrome club too, just top geezer.

Zac Foley EMF - sadly now deceased but I won tickets to see Adamski at Ritz In Manchester in my youth. EMF new, Derry signed baseball cap I bought, I crushed on Zac and even had his home address in Cinderford we wrote a while in innocence but he sadly committed suicide.

Keith Duffy - worked at a shithole place in Lancs that had awards for best place to work (bought) he visited. Handsome in real life and I got geeky starstruck once with him but got good vibes.

Jimmy Carr - Southport convention centre. Lot smaller than thought but funny man and had a laugh.

Sean Lock - as above but different venue. Sadly, RIP again.

Carl Fogarty - decent down to earth

Shakey Byrne - as above

Im rambling but it's been mostly random but JMO. ā˜®

Think more but my 2 puccenworth x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ugly
Jimmy Saville - I'm 47 now but was 17 ish, in Blackpool. He had done a charity thing. He was stood outside with a group of young children near horse shoe bar. Got his autograph though he made my skin crawl. Major bad vibes.

Rolf Harris - prior to the Saville. Me and bro got took to show at Preston Guildhall, waited backstage with mum. Autograph again but no vibes though really disgusted he another bad one.

I know Liam Gallagher is a bad un. I had a friend who was related to Liza Ghorbani. Met her mum and one of her other sisters (decent people). Liam does not give a f about his daughter Gemma and made that family life hell. Cannot say more but he is a c u next Tuesday.

Nick Knowles - in my past life I spent a lot of time at BSB (British Superbikes) 2015 to 2016. Nick was in Shakey Byrne's garage one day, he gave major ick too. Arrogant, icky and just did not enjoy his presence.

David Moyes - not a personal meet though he met an old friend of mine and enjoyed her "company" whilst happily married (I know it takes 2 but we don't always know)

Good

Keith Flint Prodigy - RIP Keith. Sterling all around bloke. Followed him via Prod, Glasto 95, various gigs and met him and got hugs and kiss at BSB 2016. He managed a team. ā¤ Him. Bumped into him in my rave days at Hippodrome club too, just top geezer.

Zac Foley EMF - sadly now deceased but I won tickets to see Adamski at Ritz In Manchester in my youth. EMF new, Derry signed baseball cap I bought, I crushed on Zac and even had his home address in Cinderford we wrote a while in innocence but he sadly committed suicide.

Keith Duffy - worked at a shithole place in Lancs that had awards for best place to work (bought) he visited. Handsome in real life and I got geeky starstruck once with him but got good vibes.

Jimmy Carr - Southport convention centre. Lot smaller than thought but funny man and had a laugh.

Sean Lock - as above but different venue. Sadly, RIP again.

Carl Fogarty - decent down to earth

Shakey Byrne - as above

Im rambling but it's been mostly random but JMO. ā˜®

Think more but my 2 puccenworth x
Forgot to add in

Ugly

Katie price - have posted yonks ago but a long time ago when I was married went to Sandals Exuma with ex-h.

Returning guests and you get white glove dinner service if returning guest. A Sandals host, upon my curiosity told me how much they despised Katie price and the whole her being banned thing was wholly down to her attitude

Bahamas Royal resort. Lovely guy who worked there and our table was p bland so got all the gossip through him. Circa 2013. She got a ban anyway and refund as long as she did not return..

Reactions: 7
Forgot to add in

Ugly

Katie price - have posted yonks ago but a long time ago when I was married went to Sandals Exuma with ex-h.

Returning guests and you get white glove dinner service if returning guest. A Sandals host, upon my curiosity told me how much they despised Katie price and the whole her being banned thing was wholly down to her attitude

Bahamas Royal resort. Lovely guy who worked there and our table was p bland so got all the gossip through him. Circa 2013. She got a ban anyway and refund as long as she did not return..
Slight digress but if you can get to a Sandals even at basic level it is phenomenal. Not just for the KP skank Goss. The food is blow your mind

Reactions: 2
I met Jake wood at Costco during lockdown there was a huge queue we were waiting to go in and he just went and took his place in the queue really nice guyā€¦.. also met joe pasquale a few times he really is lovelyā€¦ he performed at hopton holiday park when I was a child. Also met Duncan goodhew my mum has a pic somewhere at pontins I believe when I was a child. All really nice ppl

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I met Jake wood at Costco during lockdown there was a huge queue we were waiting to go in and he just went and took his place in the queue really nice guyā€¦.. also met joe pasquale a few times he really is lovelyā€¦ he performed at hopton holiday park when I was a child. Also met Duncan goodhew my mum has a pic somewhere at pontins I believe when I was a child. All really nice ppl
Why wouldnā€™t he take his place in the queue? Itā€™s not like a b lister trying to get into the vip section of a club. He would look a right twonk if he tried the donā€™t you know who I am at Costco. Although perhaps Holly and Phil might give it a go.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why wouldnā€™t he take his place in the queue? Itā€™s not like a b lister trying to get into the vip section of a club. He would look a right twonk if he tried the donā€™t you know who I am at Costco. Although perhaps Holly and Phil might give it a go.
Well yes but you never know with some as you say look at holly and Phil šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 3
I am pretty sure I met Wanda Ventham (Actress & Benedict Cumberbatch's mother) in Clapham when I asked for directions. She was outside her house, a terraced house that was very well kempt. Very polite but didn't seem to know where the local pub was. šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
Haha can you imagine šŸ˜† ā€œhi Iā€™ve played max branning in eastenders on and off for the last 15 years, donā€™t you know who I am?ā€