Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Consumerism_fatigue

As a white, vegan woman, I am tRiGgErRed by her racist violence!😂😂

Not really, but honestly, why didn’t she just delete and repost?! 😂😂

Exactly!! 😂😂

I just saw this post about Toxic Activism on Instagram and thought it was relevant to Cathy, particularly the Monolith and Call Out slides! (Click the arrows to go through them)

Reactions: 4
She really gets on my nerves.

Massive chip on her shoulder about life in general. Plus how hard it is and how difficult life is with dwarfism. Yet chooses to have kids.

Every big topic in the media is turned round to be all about her and how hard done by she is.

Anyone actually know of her in person? Be interesting to know what she's like when not behind Instagram.

She doesn't seem to have much to do with her family/friends, wonder what their views are.

Also annoys me that it's "OK for her to make mistakes". Yet any company or brand that do get publicly called out. If you're that upset why not just message them personally and let them know how it has offended you. As not one of these people she's called out has deliberately tried to offend her, yet you'd think they had.

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
Haaaaa FACTS! A lot of these types seem to say they're in kink and fetish on their profile as well, nothing wrong with that at all but do you not want to hold some stuff back in case people at work or something may see your profile?! Surely it's something you can bring up in conversation once you've matched and started talking.
Yeah absolutely agree with you. It's not the sort of thing anyone needs to know except your sexual partner(s) and even then you'd bring it up subtly. They all think being into link is a substitute for a personality though don't they. Grim.

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
When it comes to content about feminism or disability or whatever else these Instagram wannabes are talking about, they have absolutely nothing to say on the subject that hasn't already been written with more skill and talent.

Even when the whole FG/SF thing kicked off - what have either of them written about feminism that hasn't already been said by far more interesting and accomplished writers in the last half century? I can't think of much Instagram content, even when it's an accessible introduction to a subject for a new audience, that's genuinely worthy of a book.

meredithgrey

Fucking hell, I was waiting for her to share that over the top post about This Is Going to Hurt by @thepositivebirthcompany 🌝 Do people not understand the concept of artistic license? Each slide gets more ridiculous than the rest. Can’t believe they were offended by obs and gynae being nicknamed ‘brats and twats’ 🙄

What next, am I going to be told that Green Wing isn’t what life in a hospital is actually like?

Say what you like and eyeroll about Cathy until the cows come home but Adam Kaye is an abhorrent human. Disgustingly misogynistic, his utter contempt for women who are incredibly vulnerable is unnerving to read about.

Women suffer so much trauma caused by men, Kaye's book(s) and his 'comedy/music' are an out and out insult.

• Heart

unt Bessie

Because nobody gives a shit about your bollocks "content", love.

She's the last person who'd influence me to buy skincare.
Nothing that do with the fact that she's only got 26k followers then?

I'd imagine a lot of brands would actually be happy to pour money into appearing inclusive but aren't willing to spend on 'influencers' with a small reach.

I'm sure Katie Piper, for example, doesn't earn less than anyone else with 1m followers just because she has a disfigurement.

Then say she doesn't want people to feel sorry for her... Well what else was the point in writing a long paragraph about falling over

• Haha

Jumpindesia

VIP Member
Talking about sex education at school and it was all about ‘keeping penises happy’…sorry, what school did she go to? It was all just very biological for me and info about STDs.

So glad she’s done a course on squirting, so enlightening and essential.

Finally the fact she used the phrase ‘vulva owners’ 👀 I can’t.
And posting this all the time her little one was ill in hospital....classy

unt Bessie

I may be misremembering, but didn't she only start actually USING skincare products fairly recently herself? Most of the stuff she shares is just rehashed routines from Caroline Hirons or whatever she's been sent for free.

I'm sure most people started following her for her disability chat (and probably 'Sincare Sundays) rather than skincare advice.

AfroCircus

Chatty Member
Did her daughters pick that charity or did she pick something that would appear the most woke Also, is it a thing you would need to announce, is it the law children need to give Christmas cards to all in their class? I don’t have children so not sure of the politics of primary school!

I can’t imagine anyone would have an issue with the notion of doing it, I think donating to charity instead of cards is a good idea. However, with Cathy, it all feels very self serving. Did she need to share that on her story, did she need to tell them etc.

Whilst the Tories are twats I find paraphernalia like this so cringe. We get it, you think what most others think in your generation, how groundbreaking 🥴
It's the way she can't just say, we are donating to charity - it has to be homeless black LGBTQIA 'youth', because how else can she impose her moral superiority?

I've noticed she never shortens the kids names. My son's full name is a bit of mouthful, I chose it because I love it but I regularly shorten it. I just have a feeling Cathy would consider nicknames racist.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
I do support work and we always use ‘adults with learning disabilities’ as they are an adult/individual with a disability, it shouldn’t come first
Best pass on Cathy’s concerns to my care company 🙄
Yes! We say person with autism or autistic person. We asked our service users what they prefer, and went with that.

It's kinda embarrassing how obsessed she is with becoming "famous" especially as her followers don't go up!!

Also can we find this man please?! 🤣 He must have a public profile too if he too wants to be insta "famous"?! 🙈✌
Poor man, years of her negativity