Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dr Karen Kim

I can't believe that grenade storyline made it past the initial idea. If they really wanted to go with it they should have done it a few months before introducing the newbies, at least it wouldn't be so immediately linked to greys in most peoples minds.
I think they are definitely trying to grab a younger audience, the walk along the beds with Donna and max at the start was beyond cringe.
Teddy got shot and is back at work already? Are they planning to kill off Jacob and want everyone to hate him first because what it going on with him. He wasn't even this much of an arse to everyone when he was being abused, and him lashing out would have been more understanble then. Faith, dear lord can she just pop one too many pills and put this storyline to bed already. Are they trying to make Stevie and Max a thing?
I felt more attached to the bomb squad solider in half an episode than I do towards any of the new cast. He was written really well and yet they are doing crazy things to Jacobs character
The bomb squad solider has main character energy. I thought he was great!

Reactions: 8

Dr Karen Kim

I'm interested to see what they do with Faith's arc. Her lie really spiralled out of control which is so common with addiction. Part of me wants her to get a right comeuppance for her lies but for a more positive perspective it would nice to see a rehab and family support scenario.
I actually really dislike Faith, I’ve found her character self righteous, obnoxious, hypocritical and judgemental from day one, maybe once a week she’ll be nice to a patient, but overall I’m not a fan. I think this is why I’ve struggled to feel any compassion for her with the addict storyline.

Reactions: 8

Lord Voldemort

Well that was depressing!
---
I just saw that David & Marty's exits are permanent too.
I loved their characters, especially David :(
Wonder what it will be like without the three of them, will we be getting new nurses?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

meredgrave

With any storyline developing, I like to play a game called "To what extent would this person be sacked, struck off, arrested or jailed in real life"

Faith's getting up there for the latter categories of late, although Jan is my ultimate wrong'un. Stealing drugs for her son to deal in prison and almost mercy killing her ex-husband... she'd be in Pentonville if real life by now.

I really enjoyed tonight although I did cry. I thought it was a pretty good representation of how NHS staff are feeling. Although I did roll my eyes a bit when all the extras in the canteen handed their badges in too. I knew Charlie would stay. The scene where his knees gave way is the best bit of acting that Derek's done since 1986.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Whatsallthis

VIP Member
I feel like there’s too much of an agenda relating to what’s happening in real life. NHS at breaking point etc.
We are all well aware so I’m not sure it needs to be rammed down our throats on a Saturday night when most of us are just looking for a bit of light relief.

Lucia

VIP Member
I actually really dislike Faith, I’ve found her character self righteous, obnoxious, hypocritical and judgemental from day one, maybe once a week she’ll be nice to a patient, but overall I’m not a fan. I think this is why I’ve struggled to feel any compassion for her with the addict storyline.
I have never liked her at all. I hope this is her exit storyline stealing drugs from the hospital, treating patients whilst high, nearly killing two patients, safeguarding issues for children. I have actually started to really like Stevie considering how unhinged she was she's really come into her own

Trixxx

Chatty Member
Gutted that Nigel Harman is leaving. I don't like them putting him with Donna (poor Dylan), but I really liked his character. I understand he would have wanted time off for Strictly, but I would have liked him to stay longer.

Anybody still watching now it is back.

We have Charlie's exit, but more importantly, what is going to happen to the charming and charismatic clinical lead Dr Max?

Surely Charlie will meet his demise with the current storyline of abuse in the workplace, so am banking that there won't be a double death, so Max survives either with dialysis or a transplant. I am looking at you Jodie, we know you love yor dad.

The wonderful Nigel Harman :love:may have only signed up for one series, but please leave the door open for a return sometime. Max is too good a character for them to not be able to resurrect him in the future.

Last edited:

Hope96

VIP Member
I absolutely despise that police officer... clearly has a nasty streak in him. Tonight's episode was fantastic and Stevie made me tear up. I didn't particularly like her at the start but I've warmed up to her recently so hopefully she's staying.

Dr Karen Kim

I loved the bomb squad soldier would watch him over Faith any week
Urghhhh Faith, I was going to say “how did she bag Ian” but to fair he goes with any bit of skirt. I reckon if I was in Casualty, he’d make a play for me 🤣

• Haha

Blue Rose

VIP Member
The dialogue seems so poor at times

Also, I really don’t like the way they have done the ‘rewind’ as the dialogue from Jacob is the same but the girl’s reaction is different. Suppose it shows that she’s pushing boundaries and standing back, but it low-key comes off as Jacob being the controlling one instead
Today’s episode really confused me. It reminded me of one from years ago when Dr Hanna was there and she kept going over her mistakes treating a little girl. That episode was done a lot better.
Edit- upon reflection I think the episode was trying to show how victims of abuse have to overthink everything they say in order to not piss off their abuser. I think the ending was showing how no matter how hard they try, sometimes nothing can get them out of the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6