Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love Disney and I've been twice.

The amount of times she goes is absolutely excessive. I'm amazed she's not bored and doesn't want to explore other places.

Someone said before that Adam Hattan and Gary C no longer follow her. (Could be to do with Pete?) I spotted that too and it is strange how Carrie keeps up all of her stuff on IG and YouTube from previous relationships.

I've noticed she's kept all her videos featuring Alex Day as well which is very, very weird...
Remember her weird blog post last year about how she literally had ZERO memories of going to Disneyland with her exes? In that she posted videos and photos of her and Pete and her and Alex of her trips with them. She very much calls attention to them. I feel like with Insta she's just too lazy to do it but maybe with those old videos she still gets some money anytime anyone watches?

Reactions: 1
Remember her weird blog post last year about how she literally had ZERO memories of going to Disneyland with her exes? In that she posted videos and photos of her and Pete and her and Alex of her trips with them. She very much calls attention to them. I feel like with Insta she's just too lazy to do it but maybe with those old videos she still gets some money anytime anyone watches?
Yes I do remember this!!

I used to love her Disney vlogs with Pete. Last I watched them, about a year or so ago, people were still commenting on them. So she probably still gets paid for them!

I do find it odd that she keeps the Instagram posts up though. I know it would take time to remove them but Pete quickly removed any reference to her on his!

No that doesn't appeal either! I think I wanted to go to Disneyland as a kid, and also probably would love to have taken my kids. But I think there's different places I'd rather go than the same one, with beautiful country side, or somewhere with amazing architecture, history and culture.
I do that too. just depends on what mood I'm in. sometimes I just want pure fun and a complete escape from the real world...in which case Disney is the answer as it's a complete bubble. Other times I want to explore the world.

Just like I can enjoy Shakespeare and Mamma Mia. Doesn't have to be either or.

My mistake, I thought this was her talking about a new partner? I really hope she isn't still pining after him, she seems like such a positive person and has so many interesting things going on!

Good earning potential maybe?
Yes this is also why a lot of people go back so much now vlogging has become a thing.

OIllie is a northerner so he's got that happy to talk to anybody kinda vibe about him... When he's on his way down he's the sort that will always remember who helped him up there in the first place. Unlike Carrie. I'm not to keen on ollie but I'm happy he's got a lead in a highly anticipated show.
Yes! When I still watched the daily lockdown videos I always found that Oliver's stories were very varied, even self-depricating in a funny way, whereas Carrie's are ALWAYS about someone slighting her or doing something wrong for no reason. She is very much one of those types that enjoys finding faults in other people and revels in thinking she's the only sane one in the room.

Reactions: 3
Gotta laugh at Carrie’s response to upload on a schedule- saying she’s too busy. If Oliver can upload at the same every day she can as well. Plus they are a day ahead. There’s a girl I follow on YouTube called Debbie B/Drama/Diaries (I think she’s still figuring her channel out -she’s been on YouTube a couple of years and has changed her channel name 2/3 times. I think she should just use Debbie B but it’s Debbie’s Diary at the moment) and it’s become very clear in the lockdown how far in advance she films her videos (she has a series called ballet diaries which was obviously all filmed before the lockdown started and it appears she is using this time to get all the ‘episodes’ out before the lockdown is lifted). A few weeks ago she uploaded a video that was obviously filmed around Christmas- she does alternate the ballet vids with book reviews so that might explain the situation. Obviously very different situation to Carrie and Ollie uploading every day but I think it’s a good model/concept for youtubers to have the content to upload every week. There are pictures on Debbie B’s insta of books she’s read/is currently reading and I haven’t seen reviews of about 9 of those books which means she’s possibly got 9 books reviews that haven’t been uploaded/published yet! I guess that’s a good way to give her plenty of time to read the books and not feel rushed. They aren’t the most thorough book reviews- she reads the blurb and then talks about some of the themes , what she thought about the book and who she thinks would enjoy them based on the content. It’s enough information to know that she has read the book and has thought about her recommendations (she seems to have quite an eclectic taste in books which is refreshing).

I’ll shut up about Debbie now- this is a Carrie thread after all. I think it’s just that Debbie reminds me of an early Carrie- talking about books and theatre and drinking tea! She’s an actress too and did a behind the scenes vlog when she was in Sound of Music last year. It’s like the two of them are similar but also polar opposites.
It’s the same with Georgie Ashford. On the surface Georgie and Carrie seem similar as both of them are actors on YouTube who do behind the scenes vlogs of the shows they are in, but Georgie also offers her expertise and is actually nice to her fans. Georgie has actually started doing online classes and even did some public dance classes via Instagram IGTV.
Sorry for the essay x
Btw there is talk on the Cinderella thread on TheatreBoard that Carrie might be recording a concept album for Cinderella with ALW at Abbey Road.

Reactions: 4
Just watching the latest Good Morning video and Ollie’s just read out the email asking about triple threats and the FIRST thing out of Carrie’s mouth is “I know very few triple threats”, now I’m not bashing those performers but she’s spent the majority of her time in Les Mis and non-dance heavy shows generally, however, even beyond that I can bet you now that in the ten odd minutes left of this video she’s not going to admit to the fact that she’s not a triple threat herself

Edit: for context slightly further on Oliver worded it as it’s rare that you’ll find a lead role that requires all three at the same time

Reactions: 5
Just watching the latest Good Morning video and Ollie’s just read out the email asking about triple threats and the FIRST thing out of Carrie’s mouth is “I know very few triple threats”, now I’m not bashing those performers but she’s spent the majority of her time in Les Mis and non-dance heavy shows generally, however, even beyond that I can bet you now that in the ten odd minutes left of this video she’s not going to admit to the fact that she’s not a triple threat herself

Edit: for context slightly further on Oliver worded it as it’s rare that you’ll find a lead role that requires all three at the same time
I haven’t watched the video yet but I would consider Oliver a triple threat. He’s mentioned that there are better dancers than him out there but he can dance! He was in Cats! Anyone who can do Cats, Chicago, 42nd Street, Chicago, A Chorus Line, Singing In The Rain etc I would consider to be a triple threat. Even Mary Poppins has a couple of dance heavy sequences!

Reactions: 7
I haven’t watched the video yet but I would consider Oliver a triple threat. He’s mentioned that there are better dancers than him out there but he can dance! He was in Cats! Anyone who can do Cats, Chicago, 42nd Street, Chicago, A Chorus Line, Singing In The Rain etc I would consider to be a triple threat. Even Mary Poppins has a couple of dance heavy sequences!
And he can tap!

Reactions: 1
Oliver is what you'd expect from someone going through stage show or similar, without the support of parents paying for private education or the backing of a famous sibling, with a true love of the arts, working hard to improve his singing, dancing, acting and get somewhere in the industry off his own merits.

Opposite I'm guessing of carrie-neverhadtoworkhardforit-fletcher

Reactions: 13

Yes she does! Oliver's ex girlfriend lol

In fairness real triple threats are very rare, you may have people who can do all three but the generally excel in one and capable in the others (not that Carrie can really claim that)

Reactions: 3
Yes she does! Oliver's ex girlfriend lol

In fairness real triple threats are very rare, you may have people who can do all three but the generally excel in one and capable in the others (not that Carrie can really claim that)
His ex is the niece of Bonnie Langford who is a former child star who is a well known triple threat. So are zizi and summer

And Scarlett and Sasi. That whole family are triple threats. She would know all of them.. I am sure Carrie used to follow Summer on social media before Ollie (although I might have got that wrong)

I actually find it really rude that she says she doesn’t know any triple threats. Even as just a theatre fan I know of many, she would definitely know some working in theatre.

Reactions: 6
His ex is the niece of Bonnie Langford who is a former child star who is a well known triple threat. So are zizi and summer
I know lol that's why I said it. alhough I would say in my opinion Summer and Zizi are more dancers who can sing and act. Scarlett to me is the only one who really nails all three. But regardless they all blow carrie out the water

Reactions: 2
And Scarlett and Sasi. That whole family are triple threats. She would know all of them.. I am sure Carrie used to follow Summer on social media before Ollie (although I might have got that wrong)

I actually find it really rude that she says she doesn’t know any triple threats. Even as just a theatre fan I know of many, she would definitely know some working in theatre.
I was just going to comment saying the same thing. I found it quite rude. I always thought of Jodie, Oliver and Summer as triple threats. I’m a big musical theatre fan and I can think of many within the industry, Surely Carrie’s aware of many too.

I’m currently watching this mornings videos and something Ollie said made me think. You are more likely to find the triple threats in the ensemble! The fact that Carrie says the ensemble don’t act as much is ridiculous! Especially when she was talking about the ensemble of Hamilton, did she even look at them when she watched the film? They do a lot. ! Yeah ensemble is known more for choral singing and dance routines in dance heavy shows but they are still actors! They still have to be believable! Carrie has put down ensemble performers with one ignorant sentence! I wonder what Ollie was thinking when she said that?

Reactions: 10
To downtalk ensemble shows she's never been part of one. They are some of the hardest working people in shows. And also some of the nicest I've found!

Reactions: 7
I’m currently watching this mornings videos and something Ollie said made me think. You are more likely to find the triple threats in the ensemble! The fact that Carrie says the ensemble don’t act as much is ridiculous! Especially when she was talking about the ensemble of Hamilton, did she even look at them when she watched the film? They do a lot. ! Yeah ensemble is known more for choral singing and dance routines in dance heavy shows but they are still actors! They still have to be believable! Carrie has put down ensemble performers with one ignorant sentence! I wonder what Ollie was thinking when she said that?
Plus the ensemble members often may be understudies for the main roles too so they have to know multiple roles. We all know how little she cares about her understudies though!

Reactions: 8
In musical theatre you literally have to act while you sing and dance, to say she knows very few triple threats means she literally doesn't look at the people around her

Reactions: 9
I found Oli’s advice pretty encouraging and reassuring. You can tell he’s had training and worked his butt off to get where he is. Carrie’s on the other hand...
Completely off topic but as the Strallen Sisters were being spoken about, I recently discovered Zizi was part children’s show I absolutely adored in the 90s and my mind was blown!🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.