Carrie Hope Fletcher - If you come out of the theatre acting like a Heather...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do you think Carrie could never be cast in Six? Is it just because it's very dance heavy?

I haven't seen it so genuinely wondering. Love the concept of it though! Was just reading up on it and didn't realise Jodie had done Wicked too... quite the career.
It’s very, very dance heavy. Extremely high energy.

Reactions: 2
Why do you think Carrie could never be cast in Six? Is it just because it's very dance heavy?

I haven't seen it so genuinely wondering. Love the concept of it though! Was just reading up on it and didn't realise Jodie had done Wicked too... quite the career.
I think so, she’s openly admitted she’s not a dancer but has never done anything to improve on that. The only song from Six that I think she could potentially do justice is Heart of Stone, really can’t see her performing Get Down!🙈

Reactions: 3
It’s very, very dance heavy. Extremely high energy.
It’s such an incredible but intense performance. OK so it’s 90 mins but the girls don’t leave the stage at all - it’s like a pop concert that way, they’re in every song.

Reactions: 4
I didn’t like Six when I first heard it. I was basing my not liking it on quite a bad performance of Don’t Lose Your Head on the One Show. I’ve since listened to the soundtrack and fallen in love with it- I actually prefer Christina Modestou’s version of Don’t Lose Your Head to Millie O’Connells *sorry Six fans*. Was supposed to be seeing Six on tour this year but it’s now been moved to next year because of the pandemic. You can’t really say if you like or not like a show when you haven’t seen it. I’m about half way through this mornings video and when it came to ‘role least suited to’ the first thing I thought was Truly in Chitty! Instead she goes to a workshop for a musical that nobody knows about. It’s weird I used to not like Oliver, and now I prefer him over Carrie.
I love Six now I've seen it but agree completely with you. I also saw The One Show performance before seeing it and was really put off. It's much better on the cast recording or live. I saw an alternate for Millie so never saw her live which helped!

Definitely think she couldn't keep up with the dance in the show. She would also need to give up her ego. Those actresses work as a real team and share one dressing room at The Arts. No special treatment for her!

And as we used to say on GG, Carrie isn't a musical theatre fan, she's a Carrie fan. If she can't be the star of the show, she won't like it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I had a look at the casting call for Six and they specifically stated you needed to be a triple threat but with the most heavy emphasis on dance. You also needed to have "a good pop voice" which I don't know if I'd consider Carrie to have. She always to focus on ballads and beyond her version of Poison years ago, I don't think she really sings 'pop' style.

I haven't seen the musical myself but from what I have looked at, it doesn't seem her style at all, to perform or to enjoy.

I didn’t like Six when I first heard it. I was basing my not liking it on quite a bad performance of Don’t Lose Your Head on the One Show. I’ve since listened to the soundtrack and fallen in love with it- I actually prefer Christina Modestou’s version of Don’t Lose Your Head to Millie O’Connells *sorry Six fans*. Was supposed to be seeing Six on tour this year but it’s now been moved to next year because of the pandemic. You can’t really say if you like or not like a show when you haven’t seen it. I’m about half way through this mornings video and when it came to ‘role least suited to’ the first thing I thought was Truly in Chitty! Instead she goes to a workshop for a musical that nobody knows about. It’s weird I used to not like Oliver, and now I prefer him over Carrie.
This!!! Exactly this!!!! I saw them perform on the one show and said to my mum no way would I ever see that it was awful!! But I’ve since listened to a couple of the songs on Spotify and YouTube and I’ve thought that maybe it might be fun to see it after all!

Reactions: 2
Like most of you I saw six on this morning and thought it looked awful - listened to the soundtrack and then saw it in London last year and it is so good! Made me fall in love with musical theatre again, so would definitely recommend going to see it when the theatres are back up and running!
What works with Six is that none of the girls have egos, they work so well together - the understudies and swings are treated like gods in that show, they are amazing (they all cover every part)..
I think Carrie would have an aneurism if an alternate player had more respect than her in a show. She needs to be queen bee, the quirky girl, the plus sized babe who is humble and down to earth.. but in that cast she would be seen as the shallow, self absorbed, privileged blancmange that she is.

I love Six now I've seen it but agree completely with you. I also saw The One Show performance before seeing it and was really put off. It's much better on the cast recording or live. I saw an alternate for Millie so never saw her live which helped!

Definitely think she couldn't keep up with the dance in the show. She would also need to give up her ego. Those actresses work as a real team and share one dressing room at The Arts. No special treatment for her!

And as we used to say on GG, Carrie isn't a musical theatre fan, she's a Carrie fan. If she can't be the star of the show, she won't like it.
I also think that Toby Marlow doesn't really like Carrie I think he can see right through her and probably doesn't want an actress who thinks it's her show rather than a team effort. If Carrie was in six she'd treat the band like second class citizens whereas the current girls and the girls before all mingle with each other and the band.

With Disney reopening, I’m surprised she hasn’t been #gifted a promotional stay to encourage others to don their mouse ears and return.....

She’s an immature, precocious little madam, is CHF - if Charlie and The Chocolate Factory came to the West End, we all know which part she’d be best suited for.

• Haha
With Disney reopening, I’m surprised she hasn’t been #gifted a promotional stay to encourage others to don their mouse ears and return.....

She’s an immature, precocious little madam, is CHF - if Charlie and The Chocolate Factory came to the West End, we all know which part she’d be best suited for.
OT but Charlie originated in the West End and the children were played by actual kids, not adults. The Broadway version of the show is an utter bastardisation of what was an incredible piece of theatre with scenery that had stepped straight from the films. I may have a lot of feelings about this 😅

Agreed though with Carrie and Six. She’s very clearly not an ensemble team player and would no way work well with the other girls as a solid team who uplifted each other. She would want to be the star at all times. Thankfully that show is so popular that they don’t need to stunt cast her!

It’s hilarious how close that TikTok is to how she comes across in real life.

I love cats but it seems that's all she's post but. Why is she seemingly the only west end performer (i refuse to use the word star) not doing anything musical theatre during lockdown.
And the least she or oli could do is cut their bloody grass.

Reactions: 1
I honestly don’t think she loves musical theatre that much! Further than the fact it provides her with a lucrative income.

I've said this before but as much as I'm not a big fan of her I would love to see Carrie play the Narrator in Joseph.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.