Carrie Hope Fletcher #98 It's A Small World After All

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the Daniel Radcliffe thing on her insta, some attempt to justify not going to drama school?

Only he's just another one that got very lucky with a childhood role (in his case very very lucky), and has ridden on the wave ever since ... I've seen him on stage, very forgettable, not one of the greats.

Reactions: 7
Daniel Radcliffe also has actual talent and range. He's been great in a variety of movies, especially the smaller stuff he has done. And I've enjoyed him on stage. Certainly the best of the 3 HP leads.

Daniel also had to audition for his early roles (e.g. David copperfield and HP) and has worked consistently since a young age. He didn't do a child role, then messa round on youtube for a decade. He learned on the job.

Reactions: 35
I’ve got a lot of time for DR. He also doesn’t take himself too seriously, admits that he wasn’t the best actor in the beginning of and had a lot to learn- Carrie could learn a lot 😆 I actually think he’s come a really long way in trying to not be just that guy who played Harry Potter. He’s put the work in, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
What's the Daniel Radcliffe thing on her insta, some attempt to justify not going to drama school?

Only he's just another one that got very lucky with a childhood role (in his case very very lucky), and has ridden on the wave ever since ... I've seen him on stage, very forgettable, not one of the greats.
At the end of the clip he seems to be guessing something and they say Cinderella, and he says “Bad Cinderella?” So think that’s why she linked it because he mentioned a show she was in 🤭

Reactions: 11
I actually have a huge amount of respect for Daniel Radcliffe. He fully admits he was a very ropey actor as a child and young man. He could have coasted on his HP fame and money, never improved and spent his career doing Marvel type films. Instead, he spent years working hard, taking jobs in tiny, independent and quite frankly weird productions, learning from better actors and honing his craft.

Carrie comparing herself to him is absolutely laughable. She hasn’t actively worked on improving her skills since she was about 10 years old.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I actually have a huge amount of respect for Daniel Radcliffe. He fully admits he was a very ropey actor as a child and young man. He could have coasted on his HP fame and money, never improved and spent his career doing Marvel type films. Instead, he spent years working hard, taking jobs in tiny, independent and quite frankly weird productions, learning from better actors and honing his craft.

Carrie comparing herself to him is absolutely laughable. She hasn’t actively worked on improving her skills since she was about 10 years old.
Completely agree.

Also don't forget he got naked on the west end stage at a pretty young age while still being HP and all the attention it brings and has been in multiple roles in the west end and on broadway and is now Tony nominated.

I always wanted this to transfer. He seems to do musicals on broadway and plays in london. He was only 21 at the time

He may not be one of the all time greats, but he's a very interesting one who challenges himself and respects others and doesn't rely on his fame.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Every time Carrie posts an icon who never went to drama school DR and Jodie Comer etc it’s laughable as a comparison. But you can just tell that she is very insecure that she has no training.
Huge imposter syndrome coupled with a huge ego must be fun.

Reactions: 26
Every time Carrie posts an icon who never went to drama school DR and Jodie Comer etc it’s laughable as a comparison. But you can just tell that she is very insecure that she has no training.
Huge imposter syndrome coupled with a huge ego must be fun.
It's not imposter syndrome if you're actually tit though. She's just a nepo sibling and the star power of her brother has faded. She never bothered to put in any work to become independently worthy of getting cast, so here we are.

Reactions: 18
Completely agree.

Also don't forget he got naked on the west end stage at a pretty young age while still being HP and all the attention it brings and has been in multiple roles in the west end and on broadway and is now Tony nominated.

I always wanted this to transfer. He seems to do musicals on broadway and plays in london. He was only 21 at the time

He may not be one of the all time greats, but he's a very interesting one who challenges himself and respects others and doesn't rely on his fame.
Yep I have a lot of respect for Daniel he seems very humble and down to earth. He's certainly had some interesting roles and he is always lovely on the Graham Norton Show. And he had to learn to dance for HTSIB on Broadway and he could keep up with the best of them. I saw him in Equus and Cripple of Inishmaan in London I thought he was great in both. Carrie could learn a lot from how he conducts himself.

Thanks to his standout performance of 'She'll be Coming Round the Mountain' in rather 'interesting' get up shall we say, I'll never be able to hear that song the same way again.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Yep I have a lot of respect for Daniel he seems very humble and down to earth. He's certainly had some interesting roles and he is always lovely on the Graham Norton Show. And he had to learn to dance for HTSIB on Broadway and he could keep up with the best of them. I saw him in Equus and Cripple of Inishmaan in London I thought he was great in both. Carrie could learn a lot from how he conducts himself.

Thanks to his standout performance of 'She'll be Coming Round the Mountain' in rather 'interesting' get up shall we say, I'll never be able to hear that song the same way again.
He's also been open about his dyspraxia which will have made everything much more difficult. (Coordination, learning lines, even speaking). He's seriously put the work in.

Google says it's only mild, but I have it too, and it's impossible to know how you compare to a neurotypical. We're just fundamentally wired differently. It's always going to cause barriers even if it's not severe.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Dear God she needs friends. What a long rant to say nothing. Also, can someone chop her hands off, not every word needs a hand gesture.
It’s the overagressive hand gestures for me. I talk with my hands, sure, but nowhere near as aggressively as she does. It’s just obnoxious.

Reactions: 16
I am w h e e z i n g, wdym blondeView attachment 2990300
That’s not blonde. 😂😂😂 I will also never understand why it’s so important for her to have been blonde (she wasn’t aside from when she was a kid). How is that special? It’s just a hair colour and it’s such a weird flex.
And what’s up with the bitchy I’m better than all of you face? Does she think that’s flattering? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 13
I can’t remember if I’ve said this before, but her blonde chat reminds me of what Tina Fey wrote in Bossypants. With her daughters and their storybooks, she doesn’t call hair “blonde”, she calls it “yellow”. Says if you can call brown hair after the colour so you should about blonde. She’s being funny of course, but it’s a valid point about blondes being somehow special!

Reactions: 14
That’s not blonde. 😂😂😂 I will also never understand why it’s so important for her to have been blonde (she wasn’t aside from when she was a kid). How is that special? It’s just a hair colour and it’s such a weird flex.
And what’s up with the bitchy I’m better than all of you face? Does she think that’s flattering? 🤦🏼‍♀️
Honestly she’s still mentally 12. I think that’s probably around the time most people grew out of thinking having fairer hair made them extra special.

Reactions: 15
Not to insult anyone, but to me her natural hair colour was so mousy that it wasn’t something to brag about tbh.

I wanna go back for a second to her current orange hair. I came across this sub in Reddit and it reminded me of Carrie’s one brain cell. In her case it’s not shared, it’s just dying out in solitude.
IMG_5478.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s the overagressive hand gestures for me. I talk with my hands, sure, but nowhere near as aggressively as she does. It’s just obnoxious.
It's like when in a Soap someone is being agressive in someones face and they do a hand shoving pointing thing.

(might not be the best description there!)

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.