Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Wow what an opportunity, what an amazing job, well not really, is that all you can manage now just a boring concert?

Not really worth getting out of bed for 😂😂
---
Just opened the link and Carrie is only listed for Heathers and Cinderella, her worst performances 😂

Ahhhhhhhh, my hometown..........won't be going back!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Mark81

VIP Member
So I’m 26 and I grew up watching calamity Jane a LOT. I swear it was always on tv?! So I love it, even Doris Day’s crazy fake laugh she does as calam. So of course I’ve been picturing Carrie trying to do that laugh. And all the quips in a southern drawl…
She won’t be able to pull off plucky, quick on the draw (whip crack awaaaay) , and she won’t be able to pull off “secret love” at end. She’s a short burst shout singer. That doesn’t suit any of calamity’s songs. Especially trying to sing fast and with proper diction- she struggles with this so she punctuates every sound toooo much and it makes the songs sound slower (like in “pulled” from the Addams family, the “puppy dogs with droopy faces” part sounds clunky and like she has too much saliva in her mouth)

The movie is often on bbc2 still. Was on the other week

ohdearyme1029

She always sounds like she has a claggy throat!
COUGH Carrie! Have a nice cup of herbal tea!
I think in her old vlogs etc she would eat/drink claggy things in her dressing room which I’ve heard isn’t great?! Another example of Carrie thinking she’s above all the other things that performers do- whether it be drinking milky tea before singing, or actually training.

Okgolightly

VIP Member
What's with the weird scowl in the promo photo and trailer? I know, I know, Carrie can't act for shit but how did marketing look at the material and think, "Yeah, let's portray Calamity Jane as a moustache twirling melodrama villain"?
Looks like she should be taking part in Clue 🤣

• Haha

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Mary Poppins, these are the photos I can find through a Google search. She definitely "knew" Robert sherman but don't think she would've known Richard as well.
Ah…. ‘Met’ not ‘knew’ then.
It’s not unusual for writers of shows to pose with cast members for publicity.
Doesn’t mean they’re family friends.

Reactions: 3

Mark81

VIP Member
Mary Poppins, these are the photos I can find through a Google search. She definitely "knew" Robert sherman but don't think she would've known Richard as well.
The third one down on the right 🤣
---
Will this be Mabel in the future at one of Joel's shows

Last edited:
  • Haha

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
worth saving for future reference

View attachment 2964812
Wow, she’s caught the exclamation point disease from Joel!!!!!!!!!!
---
Note how the question was will you be doing all days and venues and she responded she will be doing all venues.
Not every day, so maybe one or two nights per stop? 😜
I’m sorry but if the Producers are putting her name in huge letters as the draw on the posters then she has a moral duty to perform.
I’m afraid ‘you paid to see Calamity Jane you got Calamity Jane’ won’t cut it if she doesn’t.
appear.
The is the issue with stunt casting.
---
[
but Jason Donovan did Annie Get Your Gun around the same time so maybe he'll end up back in it.
No way would Jason Donovan be second fiddle to Carrie Hope Fletcher in the publicity stakes.

Last edited:

kev1974

VIP Member
The last major tour of it starred Toyah Willcox. As far as I can see, everything since has been amateur productions. Their artwork was dodgy too but still better.

(This poster is obviously from the West End but there's results on google that show the same artwork in use for short runs around the country)

1717061691745.png

• Haha