Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is that baby in a full on sleepsuit when it’s red hot and she’s got a rash?! Get her in a little romper or something so she doesn’t overheat - surely this is common sense

Reactions: 34
She's probably too tight to buy Mabel new clothes and is only dressing her in whatever #gifted tit she was thrown in the chillier months.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I mean poor little malteser that she has a rash. I have one on my legs and arms i have had for 2 weeks that no treatment seems to work on and I want to rip off my skin. But what if, possibly, maybe, it turns out..... she is allergic to Edgar and his hair that is getting all over her stuff because she lets him lay on everything?? Could you imagine? How would she get rid of her beloved main man in her life? My brother never used to have a problem with cats and then one day, Bam! Full on cant breathe and is itchy even if a cat has just been in a room he goes in. The drama that would ensue 😬

Reactions: 17
I mean poor little malteser that she has a rash. I have one on my legs and arms i have had for 2 weeks that no treatment seems to work on and I want to rip off my skin. But what if, possibly, maybe, it turns out..... she is allergic to Edgar and his hair that is getting all over her stuff because she lets him lay on everything?? Could you imagine? How would she get rid of her beloved main man in her life? My brother never used to have a problem with cats and then one day, Bam! Full on cant breathe and is itchy even if a cat has just been in a room he goes in. The drama that would ensue 😬
It would be like Sophie’s Choice for Carrie, she would get weeks if not months of content from it 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I find her so immature for her age. She thinks everything revolves around herself and god knows how this parenting thing will work out. It seems like another one of her obsessive projects except this time she can’t abandon it when she gets bored.

Reactions: 32
I find her so immature for her age. She thinks everything revolves around herself and god knows how this parenting thing will work out. It seems like another one of her obsessive projects except this time she can’t abandon it when she gets bored.
I absolutely believe in the theory that „celebrities“ stop maturing at the age they become famous. There is no need for them anymore to develop any useful life skills, people never tell them no, so they don’t have to reflect on their own behavior - so basically, Carrie is still stuck at age 19 or however old she was when she had her YT breakthrough.

Reactions: 31
Mabel probably has the equivalent of bed sores since all Carrie does is have her upside on her lap

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I spent a week alone in hospital with my son when his appendix burst, guess what Gary you deal with it. Stop being so useless. My husband had to work to earn money, the thing you don't seem to understand.

If you can't take your baby out alone you should not have had one, as that is a basic parenting thing.

I can't believe that baby is in such a thick baby grow no wonder it has a rash, it is so hot and humid at the moment in the UK.

GARY YOU ARE OVERHEATING YOUR BABY
And even if it isn't heat rash specifically, she's gonna be sweaty under the thick fabric. Sometimes the best thing is air on the skin! Summer time is almost a good time to have a rash because you can keep her in the shade but mostly undressed, letting the airflow and also easier access to apply the cream (which you have to do CONSTANTLY!)
---
Also she has a nice little garden with a decent sized patio and grassy area. We only ever saw her out there during lockdown with Oliver. Lay out a mat of do tummy time in the garden! Has Mabel even been out there? We would have had a shot of that by now

Reactions: 19
Sorry but her making a fuss of taking her portable, potato mode newborn to the doctor without Joel is pathetic. If she can’t handle running an errand or even taking her for a walk alone, what is she playing at jumping into parenthood without a thought?

Reactions: 30
Yeah but you know she got dozens if not hundreds of messages of support, praising her bravery

• Sick
Reactions: 18
I honestly dont think she can get the pushchair out of the car! She could use a sling to walk over once she’s parked. I get nervousness when your baby is brand new, but it’s odd that she’s seemingly scared to go out alone. I had a friend who was reality loud and confident, but she asked me to go to the first few baby classes. If she was my friend or daughter, I’d be concerned by her nervousness to do things alone. Does Debbie work? If not, she could have gone with her

Reactions: 15
Couldn't use a pushchair for my firstborn. He absolutely hated it and screamed non stop. But you know what? I figured out alternatives he was comfortable with and went about my day. How is she so clueless?

Edit: this is in relation to the assumption she cannot use the car because she can’t fold the pushchair.

Reactions: 10
Going out with your newborn baby by yourself for the first time *is* daunting. You’re suddenly so hyper aware of how dangerous the world is, you’re feeling vulnerable and probably still weak and sore after the birth, and it absolutely is quite an anxiety inducing milestone.

But most new mums go through this in the first week or two. Standard paternity leave in the UK is only 2 weeks, so by 4-6 weeks most mums are fairly experienced in taking their babies out by themselves and are well and truly over that initial anxiety.

Maybelline is 3 months old! HOW on earth has Carrie never been out with her by herself yet?! It’s actually concerning and a real indication of severe post natal anxiety. Or, as it’s Carrie, it could simply be laziness.

Reactions: 29
Hard agree with the posts above. I was nervous the first times alone - on a bus, going into the city etc. but by 2 months or so, if you’ve been getting out and about you should have done most things and be confident enough, if a little stressed from time to time.

Actually, mums from baby groups really helped me. One of my peers took her 1 month old on a day out to the seaside - it inspires you to try more and more when you see others succeeding. But Cazza doesn’t have that group of peer mum encouragement.

Reactions: 17
Without meaning to be catty, I think I've run out of pity for Carrie? I can imagine being a first time mum must be scary and daunting at times, but if she didn't want to go to the doctors alone I'm sure she could have asked her mum to accompany her. This is the woman who called her parents to change a lightbulb.

Reactions: 32
1000009434.png

A) no-one asked her directly
B) she has told this story before
C) guys, didn't you know she was in Les Mis?
D) this is definitely a 'you had to be there' story

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Sorry but her making a fuss of taking her portable, potato mode newborn to the doctor without Joel is pathetic. If she can’t handle running an errand or even taking her for a walk alone, what is she playing at jumping into parenthood without a thought?
Yes some of us have babies with health problems and have been taking them for endless doctor and hospital appointments solo since day one. I get it’s stressful taking them out at the house at first but Mabel is almost 3 months old? Honestly she acts like it’s going to Base Camp 🙄

• Heart
Jesus I can only imagine the eye roll the doctor would be doing internally if the gruesome twosome both trooped in there with one small immobile baby with a bit of a rash. Christ on a bike. She’s really shot herself in the foot cocooning herself like this indoors for so long and not being out and about on her own with the baby. If popping to the doctors and the pharmacy feel this daunting now I’d be quite worried for her to be honest.

Hey ho, four months until the nationwide tour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.