Carrie Hope Fletcher #97 As Long As No Olivers Need Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know some people get offended when I say this, but how can you want to go to the same place over and over again? It’s such a stupid choice, go somewhere you’ve never been before. That’s what travelling for leisure is about, seeing the world. I just don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have really loved a couple of places I’ve travelled to, but I still wouldn’t want to go back before seeing what else the world has to offer.

I would totally understand a special situation like not being able to fly and only being able to do short road trips in which case you’d be fairly limited, but that’s not her case.
but they DO see the world. that’s what epcot is for, duh 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I know some people get offended when I say this, but how can you want to go to the same place over and over again? It’s such a stupid choice, go somewhere you’ve never been before. That’s what travelling for leisure is about, seeing the world. I just don’t get it 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have really loved a couple of places I’ve travelled to, but I still wouldn’t want to go back before seeing what else the world has to offer.

I would totally understand a special situation like not being able to fly and only being able to do short road trips in which case you’d be fairly limited, but that’s not her case.
Saying it is a stupid choice to go to the same place over and over again is a bit strong. I know this is about Carrie however there are many reasons why people go to the same places. Familiarity, it's public transport accessible and they know how to get there (in the case of one friend who doesn't have a car). Another goes to the same Center Parcs every year same flat in Wales same restaurants every year, same tennis tournaments every year. They enjoy it.

Carrie going to Disney World all the time, sounds like it's all she's ever really known as they went most years when she was a kid and now on the free or significantly discounted courtesy of Tom/Gi, so that plays a big part in it.

Reactions: 6
Saying it is a stupid choice to go to the same place over and over again is a bit strong.
I don’t think you understood my post, it was very clearly about travelling and about people that don’t have restrictions. I even finished my post with this:
Taking public transport and not having a car is not at all relevant to what I’m saying, as isn’t going to the same restaurant over and over again. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
You can go to the same restaurant every weekend, walk to your local cafe, take the bus to your favourite pub in the centre every other Sunday, those are normal activities which everyone does and which have nothing to do with taking a plane and going to same place over and over again rather than seeing new places. This is what I called stupid.
But I find it funny how only Disney fans are triggered.😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've never been to any Disney Park so maybe I can't really comment, but surely going to the same country over and over is different because there's lots to experience in a country, different times of year have different local holidays and customs, festivals, events etc, so it can always be familiar but still different where Disney is just always a theme park?

I've never been to any Disney Park so maybe I can't really comment, but surely going to the same country over and over is different because there's lots to experience in a country, different times of year have different local holidays and customs, festivals, events etc, so it can always be familiar but still different where Disney is just always a theme park?
Disney Parks are as you say theme parks, but there are new rides, new shows, new seasonal things, anniversaries they do special stuff, they hold annual pass events, no two trips are the same. That being said, Carrie does tend to visit in the same season so it is pretty much the same thing each time.

Reactions: 11
We get it. Those with Disney in their name are fans and love going. Carrie and her narrow horizons loves going.

🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
nah sometimes they have special events like the Halloween stuff to mix it up a bit

oh wait a minute, not only do they only go to Disney but they repeatedly go at Halloween don't they

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We get it. Those with Disney in their name are fans and love going. Carrie and her narrow horizons loves going.

🙄🙄
Didn’t realise there were so many active Disney fans on this thread, until today 🧐

Anyway, this thread is about Carrie, the perpetually pretentious child with a lack of talent, humility, self awareness, taste, decency and imagination (list not exhaustive), whose life doesn’t revolve around Disney, but whose life revolves around Disney 🫠

Last edited:
FFS this thread is about Gary and John not whether you love Disney, I couldn't careless if you go on holiday there.

Gary and John keep making out they are not all about Disney but keep going there on holiday.

Just admit you are obsessed with the place and everything to do with Disney 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I wouldn't turn down a subsidised (?) trip to WDW Florida annually as it's a fun trip and there's more than you can possibly fit in in a fortnight on the site. It's not comparable to UK theme parks. I imagine the Fletchers travel in premium airline seats - not first class but not wedged into economy either. I enjoy flying and the Florida climate so I'd do it for that alone if I was getting a generous discount 😁 I promise I'm not a Disney adult!

That said Carrie's boasted/insists that her family cover the parks/attractions in a prescriptive way, 'the best way' allegedly which sounds repetitive and limiting, not to mention tedious as she forces everyone in their party to comply. I'm sure she misses out on plenty as she's not open to new experiences or shaking things up. I can just imagine her booming voice instructing everyone re. the exact sequence they need to approach the parks/rides/attractions and being insufferably OTT about 'meeting characters', the cringe. Bellowing about her experience last time or one of her previous trips in the hope somebody nearby will be impressed 🙄

She and Joel don't seem to struggle for annual leave so they could probably take trips to other destinations throughout the year if they wished. The reality is they lack curiosity and wanderlust. I'm sure they're aware Disney Florida is out of most families' budgets and they enjoy being able to flex.

I wonder if Joel will be making t-shirts for the entire clan this time. Something tells me yes 🤭
---
Assuming all the Fletchers are going will this be the first time Joel's been away with them, to Disney no less? He's going to be giddy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I know EuroDisney isn’t quite as good as the Orlando one but it still seems insane to me that they’re going to do a ten-hour(?) flight with a six-month-old in preference to hopping on a train to a much more easily accessible alternative. It must be nice to have so much money 👍🏻

I understand being excited about your first child and their first holiday. When I was 5/6 months old, my parents took me to Blackpool. Bought me a bucket and spade, sat me on a donkey, all of which my mother has admitted was pointless. Damn sight cheaper than Disney though and I was probably just as amused in Blackpool as Marble will be there.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This isn’t about Mabel at all. It’s all what Carrie wants to do. I hope she has a bleeping miserable time juggling a baby in the parks
---
Carrie in no universe were you size 12-14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.