Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
This came on my FYP page this morning and I get that it’s a short clip and poor quality footage, but I’m underwhelmed. I hate his ‘King’ voice so much both in speaking and in song.

When he started moving forward I actually backed away from my phone 😭

He sounds like he’s constantly behind the beat, like keep up man!

Reactions: 5

PontiacBandit

Chatty Member
Could it be that Paddington thing Tom's involved with? It says 2025 but photoshoots in April/May seem a tad early. Maybe announcing the cast?

Mark81

VIP Member
Oh dear no recognition for Crabbie in the just-announced 2024 panto awards :eek: :cry:

Can't imagine how she was so overlooked. Don't they know she was PRegNAnT at the time, in fact the first person ever ever ever to play Crabbieboss while pregnant. Injusticetastic. I shall write to Ofcom immediately. It's nothing to do with them but I'm going to write anyway.

Mind you there's no awards for the Palladium Panto either, despite their featuring darling-of-the-day Rob Madge, honestly what kind of awards are these?

edit: actually it says at the bottom that there's an Outstanding Achievement award to be announced on the night, maybe she'll get that.
Tbf the Palladium panto isn't really a very good 'panto', it's more a variety show with a few panto elements.

historyobliterates

Didn't she say recently she hadn't been in the mood for reading rather than not having time? Seems like changing the narrative again.
---
Why is she just so desperately cringe? She wants a pat on the head for doing the bare minimum in whatever she does.
---
View attachment 2886241
I know it’s not her soul mate’s thread but these ads are all are doing my nut. How can his sad excuses for a book be made into a show? They’re absolutely dire (but like his sister’s prose).
I don't find TF's writing too bad. And my nephew (aged 3) enjoys this series of books and we enjoyed the show last year when we went to see it (they did flap about with filler at the beginning but when it got going it was good).

Anyway, back to CHF.

Inkdeath

Did she really have ‘tonsillitis’. Or had she just thrashed her voice belting without being trained? Trained singers are able to sing 8 shows a week. ‘Tonsillitis’ happens to Carrie on every show. Usually the day a critic is in.
She made such a fuss about being ‘forced’ to play through ‘sickness’ when it was at the Other Palace (due to her stunt casting) I’m surprised she was invited back to play Veronica in the WestEnd. My theory is, she didn’t want her understudy on (who was better in my opinion)
If she really was that ill, there’s no way anyone would’ve forced her to perform.
Also if she was really getting it that much shed get her tonsils removed.

Inkdeath

I'm not sure she ever did, but Carrie definitely doesn't have it now.

She's not funny. She's not pretty. She's not interesting. She's not talented compared to others in her field. She's not a nice person. And she's lazy.
She used to be absolutely gorgeous. After Les Mus its been a long downwatd spiral. She got her "drean role" and promptly peaked. She is the burnout peaked in highschool karen mom stereotype
---
I think it’s the way the entitled prick is saying the anger is misdirected and saying the blame should be firmly placed on the poster.
I’m sure when they posted they didn’t think ADULTS would take the piss out of a 10 year old. The mother has said she is distressed. READ THE ROOM.
By liking NayNay’s post Joel has just reinforced everyone’s thoughts of him here. To think of Joel Montague of Curtain Call and Nay Nay of god knows where ‘teaching’ children makes my blood boil.
As a parent I wouldn’t want my children near either of them and their skewed view of ‘teaching’ resilience in ‘theatre kids’
Children have plenty of time to learn in the school of hard knocks when they reach adulthood. Childhood community theatre should be magical, a safe space to grow and have fun. Their teachers should be supportive and encourage expression without fear not destroy confidence.
I think one thing this has sharply highlighted is the amount of ‘teachers’ without proper teaching qualifications flogging a pipe dream without the teaching skills or proper pastoral skills.
More regulation is urgently needed with all these Aldi Abby Lees around.
As an actual teacher the idea that I would ever mock a child for doing their best is disgusting. It only destroys them, it never helps them.
---
Another shouty, overacted Skin & Me plug from Carrie. Watch as she (of course) drones on about having a baby and breastfeeding and why this is loosely related to the item he’s being paid to shill. All while the ring light distractingly reflects off her glasses and she has the forehead of a 50 year old man.

Also, she clearly had eyeliner on so presumably has other make up on too which defeats the purpose of her saying how good her skin looks without make up on thank to the product. View attachment 2896977
View attachment 2896979
She looks so old. Like pushing 40. Its crazy

Last edited:

Toothy

I have a horrible feeling that her photoshoot could be the casting of Something Rotten…I’ve just gotten into that musical and am so excited for its uk premiere. And already, Carrie could be about to ruin it.
There's a one off concert version this August with LMTO and Jason Manford, both of whom she's worked with in the past, although I don't think there's any plans for a full run or tour next year?

Reactions: 4

pokeitwithastick

If anything when I was growing up, blonde was the "cool" hair colour. Im 28 so not that much younger than Carrie. But also no one ever bullied people in my school for eye colour or hair colour beyong the no soul ginger jokes, but I also didnt go to a posh all girls school like Carrie.
I went to a posh all girls school and of all the bullying I am aware of - none of it was for being blonde with brown eyes. There was bullying for some very stupid reasons - but not that.

SamFoxStuckinaCloak

Chatty Member
Slightly off topic, but I saw Bradley Jaden and Rob Houchen in Soho on Tuesday- was half hoping Joel would show up and join them! Bradley is SO handsome in person.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
Would rather eat a Percy Pig than Mabel's toes 😉
But they are munchable chipolatas?
---
In his live yesterday Joel said something about how, as a Dad, it is harder to bond with the baby since you’re not the one who carried the baby in your body like the Mum did.

I thought that was interesting and quite a sad thing to admit.
She seems welded to Carrie so I can see how that would be difficult. Without opening the breast is best debate again. Dad’s get equal cuddle time with bottle fed.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
I have a horrible feeling that her photoshoot could be the casting of Something Rotten…I’ve just gotten into that musical and am so excited for its uk premiere. And already, Carrie could be about to ruin it.
Don’t know that one. All the clips seem to be of men and comedy is not her strong point or dancing.
The SR concert is this year though and she said it was 2025. My money is on Greatest Showman.

Stan47

After watching this video of Chris klemens interviewing a Disney adult, I couldn't help but think of Maybelline also having a similar level of resentment later in life...

• Sick
Hi guys I’m a bit of a lurker on this thread but thought I’d just chip in with my thoughts on the orange hair!
I’m a bit conflicted by some of the comments here. I’ve been getting my hair dyed ‘copper’ for the past 15 years or so. I’m at the hairdresser every 5 weeks, the maintenance of it is not a joke! I’m not a hairdresser but I do hear the numbers ‘7:40’ each time I’m at the salon, if that means anything!
this hair colour really means everything to me, and yes some people do stop and ask is it my natural colour! I can never imagine myself being any other colour, the rest of my life.
I suppose why I’m writing is that., I wonder what sets my colour apart from carrie’s? Would any of you call my hair crispy and orange, or is it just hers?
perhaps she should try a colour mask in between appointments to maintain it!