Carrie Hope Fletcher #9 I know I have Twitter because I blocked you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really. When someone dies it makes you appreciate the people you have in your life and the love you have for them. I say this as someone whose family went through a lot of grief in one year- lost 2 sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, pets and a child. It didn’t make me upset when people were reminded to say I Love You to the people they needed to say it to. When grief hits you like that, it reminds you that it can happen to anyone. Carrie saying she is going to snuggle her cat a little tighter when she’s seen another cat die is her way of saying that she’s been reminded that Edgar isn’t going to be here forever. I actually gave my pets a good cuddle after I saw that, and told them not to go anywhere for a long time.
I was heartbroken when my family cat died. That cat had slept in my bed through high school, I adored that cat. He was in our lives for 15 years, pets are family. And to anyone who ever says that ‘it’s just a pet’, you obviously have never actually had a pet, or just don’t have a heart.
Obviously I’ve gone through a lot of grief in my life, making this a bit of a touchy subject for me, and I’m not going to judge Carrie for giving Edgar a little squeeze of love when she will be mourning the loss of Tom and Gi’s cat too. When my brothers dog died, the whole family was upset because we all live at each others houses and everyone’s pets are all our pets.
well said - I was going to reply but just didn’t know how to word it. My cat died unexpectedly last year and I was devastated and I literally acted like my child had died because to me she was my child

Reactions: 6
I don't find it strange that she would be moved to hug her cat. Posting about it when you know family that follow you have just lost theirs does seem tactless and insensitive though. If family or friends had lost anyone close, I'd never make it about me and say 'oh it's so sad I had to hug..... extra tighter last night' to them. Do it in private sure, but not make a difficult time worse or encroach on their grief

Reactions: 29
Do tell more! Was Oliver with someone when he started seeing Carrie? I don't go into her thread that much and wouldnt know too much about them.
Yeah for a while Carrie kept changing her and Oliver’s anniversary. Don’t think she realised the first date she gave would have meant she cheated on Pete and Oliver cheated on Summer. So the date changed a couple of times. Either way, they got together *immediately* after they both broke up with their partners or during. But apparently Pete cheated as well? I don’t know. Either way I don’t think Carrie can get cross at her exes for cheating if she does it herself.

Reactions: 7
Yeah for a while Carrie kept changing her and Oliver’s anniversary. Don’t think she realised the first date she gave would have meant she cheated on Pete and Oliver cheated on Summer. So the date changed a couple of times. Either way, they got together *immediately* after they both broke up with their partners or during. But apparently Pete cheated as well? I don’t know. Either way I don’t think Carrie can get cross at her exes for cheating if she does it herself.
Pete didn't cheat. Where do you have that from?

Reactions: 1
She’s doing the London marathon (I think) and she is only doing 7km runs?

I’m sure (hope) she is doing more than one run a week but she is going to struggle to make it round. I imagine she is going to walk most of it as she is so far away from the distances she should be at this close to the date.

I’m training for a half marathon a week after London date and I’m up to14km on my training plan - and I run 3 times a week and have done 3 half’s before. My mate is doing a marathon on the same day as me and she is doing 20 miles tomorrow on her training plan.

She is massively under estimating how hard a marathon is. What a waste of a space in my opinion when so many people were desperate to get a spot

Reactions: 5

I’m sure (hope) she is doing more than one run a week but she is going to struggle to make it round. I imagine she is going to walk most of it as she is so far away from the distances she should be at this close to the date.

I’m training for a half marathon a week after London date and I’m up to14km on my training plan - and I run 3 times a week and have done 3 half’s before. My mate is doing a marathon on the same day as me and she is doing 20 miles tomorrow on her training plan.

She is massively under estimating how hard a marathon is. What a waste of a space in my opinion when so many people were desperate to get a spot
she posted her training plan a while back (I think it was just in a story though) and in all fairness she does seem to be on track given she has 8 weeks until hers.

These plans do a lot of easy runs in between harder ones, I’ve definitely seen insta stories in the past few weeks of longer runs than 7k.

I’m a pretty big fan of these systems tbf, I feel like she started on C25K way back as well?

Completely agree I’m doing the Manchester marathon in October it’s my first one, yesterday I did 20 miles I just wanna get the distance under my belt, I seriously can’t see her making it across, like last year didn’t she do the virtual London marathon and she stopped off at her parents house?!?

I don’t think she realises that she has to take care of her body, and actually do the training and get the distance under her belt, you don’t have to be an expert to realise that! Just do your research and do it properly!

It just looks bad to anyone wanting to take up running, that they can do 7km runs and eat nothing but doughnuts!

Reactions: 2
Completely agree I’m doing the Manchester marathon in October it’s my first one, yesterday I did 20 miles I just wanna get the distance under my belt, I seriously can’t see her making it across, like last year didn’t she do the virtual London marathon and she stopped off at her parents house?!?

I don’t think she realises that she has to take care of her body, and actually do the training and get the distance under her belt, you don’t have to be an expert to realise that! Just do your research and do it properly!

It just looks bad to anyone wanting to take up running, that they can do 7km runs and eat nothing but doughnuts!
To be fair I think she's using the official London Marathon training plan - at least that's what she posted on her stories.

Watching the current Sofology ad made me think is Carrie trying to be like Helena Bonham Carter, a quirky actress

That’s what one we’re doing! My mate is doing the marathon and I’m doing the half. She was desperate to get a spot in London but didn’t so went for Manchester. She’s gone in the ballot every year for 5 years. Never got in.

Good luck - sounds like you’re on track. A lot more than Carrie is anyway. And you have an extra week on her training wise!

she posted her training plan a while back (I think it was just in a story though) and in all fairness she does seem to be on track given she has 8 weeks until hers.

These plans do a lot of easy runs in between harder ones, I’ve definitely seen insta stories in the past few weeks of longer runs than 7k.

I’m a pretty big fan of these systems tbf, I feel like she started on C25K way back as well?
8 weeks isn’t a long time in terms of building up for a big run. I’ve just looked at the London marathon beginner and she should be doing 19km this week. Maybe she did, but why wouldn’t you post your longer runs over a shorter one as they are the milestones. She wrote that she found it tough as well. Nothing wrong with finding it tough but if you’re struggling at not even 7km with 8 weeks to go for your marathon. You aren’t to make it round. ESPECIALLY if she is going back to theatre soon full time. No way will she be getting 3 runs a week in and the distance.
C25K is an amazing programme and it was really good when she did the 10 but she could barely cope after she did the half marathon walking, her body won’t recover well after a full even if she walks the whole way.
My money is on her dropping out before the day.

Reactions: 3
Carrie is annoying as tit and we can debate about whether or not she should have had a spot in the london marathon just handed to her. However she's on track with the beginner training plan, if maybe a day behind, for Thursday it was a 50 minute run, which is what she did on Friday. Tomorrow she's supposed to be doing 1 hour and 40 minute or 8 to 10 miles. I feel like if the plan was terrible the london marathon wouldn't be suggesting it to beginners.

Reactions: 11
From what I have been seeing on comments about Heathers, Carrie is the worst Veronica according to theater fans (new tour and we cast included)

Reactions: 11
From what I have been seeing on comments about Heathers, Carrie is the worst Veronica according to theater fans (new tour and we cast included)
Is there a specific board you've seen that, or is it based on various comments sections under videos from the different productions?

Reactions: 3
That’s what one we’re doing! My mate is doing the marathon and I’m doing the half. She was desperate to get a spot in London but didn’t so went for Manchester. She’s gone in the ballot every year for 5 years. Never got in.

Good luck - sounds like you’re on track. A lot more than Carrie is anyway. And you have an extra week on her training wise!

8 weeks isn’t a long time in terms of building up for a big run. I’ve just looked at the London marathon beginner and she should be doing 19km this week. Maybe she did, but why wouldn’t you post your longer runs over a shorter one as they are the milestones. She wrote that she found it tough as well. Nothing wrong with finding it tough but if you’re struggling at not even 7km with 8 weeks to go for your marathon. You aren’t to make it round. ESPECIALLY if she is going back to theatre soon full time. No way will she be getting 3 runs a week in and the distance.
C25K is an amazing programme and it was really good when she did the 10 but she could barely cope after she did the half marathon walking, her body won’t recover well after a full even if she walks the whole way.
My money is on her dropping out before the day.

Thank you! Good luck in your race too

Completely agree I think she didn’t apply for it she just got it handed to her, I seriously doubt that she’s gonna make it for the marathon. I get that she wants it to be atleast comfortable but doing 26.2 miles isn’t comfortable, just find it abit daft not doing it properly.

Reactions: 2
The annoying thing about her just being handed a London marathon spot is that people apply year after year - people who take their running seriously and dream of getting their spot. The ballot system isn’t fair as it is (people who have had a spot in the last 5 years shouldn’t be able to enter again for 5 years IMO to stop some people winning a place year after year when some people never get one), and just giving her a spot like that just reinforces her belief that she’s somehow special or talented enough to deserve all these perks that carry her through life. And I know she’ll try and justify it like “but I got a place because it’s for charity!!” and like…so? Many people raise money for charity, and they do it without conning 11 year olds out of their pocket money to support their lifestyle, and without being an outright bully.

Carrie does not deserve a place in the London Marathon. It’s just yet another short cut to the top (in this case without doing many other 10km and Half races around the country after not getting a place year after year) because of who her brother is.

Reactions: 12
The annoying thing about her just being handed a London marathon spot is that people apply year after year - people who take their running seriously and dream of getting their spot. The ballot system isn’t fair as it is (people who have had a spot in the last 5 years shouldn’t be able to enter again for 5 years IMO to stop some people winning a place year after year when some people never get one), and just giving her a spot like that just reinforces her belief that she’s somehow special or talented enough to deserve all these perks that carry her through life. And I know she’ll try and justify it like “but I got a place because it’s for charity!!” and like…so? Many people raise money for charity, and they do it without conning 11 year olds out of their pocket money to support their lifestyle, and without being an outright bully.

Carrie does not deserve a place in the London Marathon. It’s just yet another short cut to the top (in this case without doing many other 10km and Half races around the country after not getting a place year after year) because of who her brother is.
I dunno, tons of people get a place year after year by taking one of the charity places and raising money in exchange. It's a well established route to do the London Marathon, she's not unique in getting in that way.

I just hope that (1) she runs it properly, and having taken a charity place, raises funds properly (2) its not at the detriment to anybody paying good money to see her in Cindermehla (3) she realises that marathon running can proper screw you up down the line in later life (injuries) if you're not careful, it's not to be taken lightly!

Reactions: 7
To be fair no one deserves or earns their place in the marathon via the ballot, it’s luck. And you can get a charity place again without any ‘deserving’ or whatever if you’re willing to commit to fundraising a certain amount. My FIL did it for years, fundraised for the same charity every year so they got him a place each year as it was such a good fundraising thing. My partner applied for the ballot a few years ago the day before entries closed on a total whim, first year he applied, and he got a place! Whereas other people apply year on year and never get one 🤷‍♀️ I’ll get accused of being Carrie or being a fan or this not being a rave thread - I just feel like this is something I can’t slag her off for!

Reactions: 10
To be fair no one deserves or earns their place in the marathon via the ballot, it’s luck. And you can get a charity place again without any ‘deserving’ or whatever if you’re willing to commit to fundraising a certain amount. My FIL did it for years, fundraised for the same charity every year so they got him a place each year as it was such a good fundraising thing. My partner applied for the ballot a few years ago the day before entries closed on a total whim, first year he applied, and he got a place! Whereas other people apply year on year and never get one 🤷‍♀️ I’ll get accused of being Carrie or being a fan or this not being a rave thread - I just feel like this is something I can’t hag her off for!
but she didn’t get it through ballot or through charity (as she is fundraising for two). Therefore, she was given a “celeb” spot and probably means she hasn’t had to pay for it either.

there are plenty of things wrong with the ballot system for the London marathon which makes it unfair to genuine people who want to run it. One of them, is allocating spaces to people like Carrie who had never cared about running a marathon before.
My original post in regards to it was more about the fact she is only running 7km 8 weeks before the day. I admitted, she may be doing other runs (and I hope for her bodies sake she is) but why wouldn’t she share them with the world when she boasts about so much else.
I will be surprised if she can continue the hard training that is required for a marathon on top of her intense schedule in a brand new show and reckon she will drop out due to “work commitments”.

Admittedly, she intended on doing this in April last year when it was originally scheduled but still.
As a runner myself, training for a half, it’s just frustrating to see someone of influence, making it seem like you just need to run once a week and you’ll be fine on race day. You won’t.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.