Carrie Hope Fletcher #86 It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did the PBC one for my second - it's absolutely very much pushing for those things. I rolled my eyes every time and told her to shut the duck up 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 and then went in for my elective section knowing how much it would have pissed her off. 😂 I just wanted some breathing work for if things kicked off beforehand, and they did, and I needed it. Also heard the staff slagging off the PBC course and the use of the word "surges" instead of contraction.

I really hope Carrie gets what the PBC is telling her she wants, but I hope even more she has the sense to pack the bleeping bag and have someone prepared to tell her if she needs intervention.
i’m doing the PBC course at the minute but just ignoring all that home birth crap. i want to be in a hospital with midwives, doctors and a surgical suite there if i need it, i just want to be able to calm myself down through the labour. and idk what carrie’s on about because you can absolutely have a water birth in hospital? that’s my plan too, i just want close access to emergency care if (god forbid) i need it!

Reactions: 20
He will be going live on instagram so everyone can witness it 🤣
I'm surprised he hasn't already been trying to flog tickets for it.

My WIFE!!! Carrie Hope FLETCHER giving birth in your very own home!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm surprised he hasn't already been trying to flog tickets for it.

My WIFE!!! Carrie Hope FLETCHER giving birth in your very own home!!!!
Beggars Call Workshop #2: Birthing through song, live and direct from the hoarder house

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I was meant to have a home birth for my first, nothing against them at all and if you are low risk and live near the hospital actually nothing against them. I think it would be quite nice to be there and be in your own surroundings and may help some people feel more in control. However my baby came way too quick and we forgot to tell them we were planning a home birth so went in! 2nd time around I couldn’t be doing with the faff afterwards - just wanted to come home to calm. I also never packed a hospital bag as my babies came the day after I went on maternity leave… cue the husband panic buying in Tesco after my first was born 😂😂😂

Reactions: 8
Any short person with a tall and large partner I know has ended up getting a section .

Reactions: 9
Ahhh she’s fallen for the hypnobirth company hype hook line and sinker then hasn’t she. Yeah it’s great to get into the mind set and feel like you’re more in control, I’m not knocking that. But their obsession with natural births and minimal intervention is sadly often totally realistic. Yeah, it’s your birth Carrie- but it’s the baby’s, too. Typical of her to already assume anyone that might be trying to help her is interfering, she’s got such a chip on that shoulder.

Reactions: 21
Thread suggestion chf #87: beggars call is up and live, before I give birth in my shreksy dive

• Haha
Reactions: 18
When I was born (telling my own birth, I know, sorry 🥲) my mum was 27 and had no other risk factors at all, but my umbilical chord got tangled around my neck and, had my mum not gotten a c-section immediately after the health workers saw there was something wrong with me, I’d been born with cerebral palsy. So I’m all for being prepared for whatever may come.

• Wow
  • Heart
I don't have personal experience with child birth... but one of my friends was due at the end of December and didn't give birth until halfway through January. Another gave birth nine days early on her sofa because they didn't have time to make it to hospital.

My point being that even I know that giving birth isn't always straightforward and how you plan it.

Carrie could be pregnant halfway through March!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
She makes it sound like she is the first woman who has ever been pregnant. She also makes it sound like getting a train is like a massive trek.

Also what difference does she think there is between 36 weeks and 6 days and 37 weeks. It's like she feels she cant do anything after Feb Feb 8th but before then is fine. I don't know how many times I have seen her mention that 37 weeks is full term and the baby could come any time after that.Does she realise that the baby could come anytime from now? I was born at 33 weeks. I have a cousin who was born at 30 weeks.

Attachments

She makes it sound like she is the first woman who has ever been pregnant. She also makes it sound like getting a train is like a massive trek.

Also what difference does she think there is between 36 weeks and 6 days and 37 weeks. It's like she feels she cant do anything after Feb Feb 8th but before then is fine. I don't know how many times I have seen her mention that 37 weeks is full term and the baby could come any time after that.Does she realise that the baby could come anytime from now? I was born at 33 weeks. I have a cousin who was born at 30 weeks.
i quite envy her level of ignorance in a way because at 26 weeks i’m constantly paranoid about going into premature labour! i wish i could have the mindset of “it definitely won’t happen before 37 weeks”

• Heart
why can’t she choose an aesthetically pleasing backgrounds for her q&a, why does she snap her dirty old blanket.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It might just be me but I just don’t get an excited vibe from her at all about this baby….. it just feels like it’s something she is doing because she feels it’s what you do when you hit 30. That baby room looks so slapdash and cold, other than sticking some furniture in it no thought seems to have gone into it. Feel sad for that baby.

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.