Carrie Hope Fletcher #86 It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely hope Carrie has the easy-peasy homebirth she wants but I can't imagine giving birth in her house specifically.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
'Unwanted medical intervention' sorry if I'm ignorant as I've never given birth, but I'd say any medical intervention in birth is pretty necessary?! Birth is an urgent thing, decisions need to be made in split seconds to have the best outcome surely...it's not something you can dilly-dally about 'oh well the baby needs help getting out, let's think about whether to intervene for a while!'

Reactions: 27
I don't pretend to know much about birth, but from female friends who have given birth, after birth trauma is a thing. Even if the birth goes well. So why would you want home to be associated with trauma

Reactions: 29
This isn’t really a surprise to be honest. I’ve heard about the Positive Birth Company Hypnobirthing course (from when I was looking into one) that they really push for home births and are super anti medical intervention. That’s the main reason I didn’t choose their course, because I’m planning on giving birth in a midwife-led unit that’s attached to a hospital in case there are any issues.
I did the PBC one for my second - it's absolutely very much pushing for those things. I rolled my eyes every time and told her to shut the duck up 🤷🏻‍♀️😂 and then went in for my elective section knowing how much it would have pissed her off. 😂 I just wanted some breathing work for if things kicked off beforehand, and they did, and I needed it. Also heard the staff slagging off the PBC course and the use of the word "surges" instead of contraction.

I really hope Carrie gets what the PBC is telling her she wants, but I hope even more she has the sense to pack the bleeping bag and have someone prepared to tell her if she needs intervention.

Reactions: 15
Absolutely nothing against home births, but it just seems a bit risky when it's your first baby and you've no idea what to expect!
Why would you not want to be in a hospital with the experts incase anything goes wrong!the fact that she's not even packed a standby bag pretty much sums her up...

Reactions: 32
I can't believe she's not packed a bag! We all know babies are unpredictable and come whenever they feel like, my sister in law had a "back-up bag" of just basics on hand from 24 weeks with preemie onesies (just in case). I feel like not having one is just tempting fate!

Reactions: 10
I imagine Joel will be worse tbh. He will either be in the other room handing our cigars 1950s style, or will be telling midwives what to do

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Remember it's Carrie who complained on the internet that she wasn't clearly enough instructed for her glucose test… her birth will be fun for her. I am sad she stopped with sharing those private things.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She really thinks she’ll have a perfectly smooth birth in her hoarders home doesn’t she 😭. I don’t have kids but surely expecting oh I’m doing it at home so it’ll all be fine is unrealistic.

also she can’t attend a wedding because of taking luggage on and off trains? But wasn’t her car her personality a few months ago?

Also also “whether we share them” you’re sharing them babe 🤣 we all know it

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She almost sounds like she is in the 1500s going into confinement

Reactions: 5
Nah I’m not being funny but they’ve found mice and birds in that pigsty they call a house. duck knows what else is going on there because it’s so cluttered all the time, who the hell thought a home birth when she and Joel can’t (or won’t) even clean was a good idea?

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.