Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 What’sOnStage? Not Carrie, for much longer!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey Carrie, here’s one way you can protect your daughter. Set firm boundaries with your audience and stick to them.
Tell they you won’t be sharing her face/identifying information and that you’re keeping her life private to protect her - hell you could throw in an internet safety left as ‘the big sister’ you claimed to be - and if your fans respect you, they will leave her alone. The moment you start open the flood gates to invasive questions and expectations of photos.
---
I agree, but also - the person Carrie mostly needs to set boundaries with is herself. She controls what she puts out there. Don’t give anyone anything and the fans (and us on here!) won’t ask after a short while.

But yeah - there’s zero chance she’s not going to expose her kid from day one. She’s already got the excuse all laid out. For the inevitable hello mag exclusive about the baby, too.

Reactions: 21
That is some weird logic.
There are so many creeps out there, just be a good parent and protect your daughter! Don't show her online. End of. It's not hard.
You’re talking to a woman who bared her arse for likes. Might as well talk to a wall. This baby is a new source of income for a desperate actor with a fading career.

Reactions: 25
Hahaha. AS IF Carrie has any integrity or even the emotional capability to understand that her child is a living breathing human just like her (sonder society anyone?) That poor kid will be plastered all over her socials within a week to shill consumerist garbage

"Omg being a mum is SO HARD. I thought it would be exactly like when I had a tamagochi when I was 9. It's actually not though!!!! Thanks to #BetterHelp I feel validated in my status as a tit parent #AD #SPONSORED

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Going back to her answer about godparents- I have two godchidlren. Well, only one officially- they aren't christened and never will but they are still.my godchildren. It doesn't really matter.

Reactions: 11
She does realise she doesn't need to do ridiculously long videos on YouTube right? John and Hank Green have successfully been doing YouTube since it began and the majority of their videos (unless it's a particularly special occasion) are usually 4 minutes or less.
Carrie wouldn't get out of bed to put out a Youtube video that's under 10 minutes because that's the minimum length to put midroll ads in. The answer is always £££££ with her.

Reactions: 15
I watched a YouTube video Q&A of an alt YouTuber where someone asked if she regretted starting YouTube. She said the main thing she regrets is sharing anything to do with her daughter online - she wishes she never shared her name, never posted her/made videos with her, even sharing that she exists or any info about her. She said she’s had to go back and delete every video her daughter is even briefly featured in because she’s now so uncomfortable with having shared her. Also, she says when people recognise her and come up to her in the street not only do they chat to her they also act like they know her daughter, aka overly familiar with her child. I don’t know if Carrie will ever have the brains to truly realise what sharing your child online opens them up to and regret it, but it just shows how bad of an idea it is. You never, ever know who is looking at those photos of your child you post online.
I've posted this story on Louise's thread before but I'll post it again here for the benefit of Carrie (and all the Hopefuls lurking here too).

When I was 13-14, I was active in the online fandom for a band who were quite niche, so we were quite a close knit community and had each other on socials. One fan joined about a year in and got super involved, running fan pages and leading projects, etc. She was a bit older than most of us (mid 20s-30s vs teens) and had a toddler called Addie. Most of her personal posts revolved around her little girl and their days out together, etc and she clearly adored her daughter.

She was in the fan community about 6 months, maybe even a year or so. Then one day I get a message from another (adult) fan, checking I was alright and warning me to stay away from her because she knew I was a bit 'close' to this woman.

Turns out that little girl she was posting everywhere? Not her daughter. She was actually stealing the pictures of someone else's kid from their Facebook and passing them off as her own, to the point of GOING TO THE SAME PLACES TO MAKE IT SEEM LIKE THEY'D GONE TOGETHER. To this day, we have no idea why she did it, whether she was just lonely or bored or whether she was setting up something more sinister - like to scam money out of us or even to groom younger fans like me (because she was particularly friendly with the younger teens, looking out 'as a mum').

As soon as she got caught out, she went dark. Deleted all her fan socials, vanished like she was never there. And the worst part is, we know she had all those photos saved - so nobody knows if she's still using that little girl's face (who's probably a teen herself now) and pretending that's her daughter in another online space 😷

So yeah, any time you post a photo online, you really don't know who's saving it or what for.
✨ Don't post your kids✨

• Wow
Reactions: 46
She does realise she doesn't need to do ridiculously long videos on YouTube right?
This is not specific to Carrie since she does everything poorly and with the least amount of work possible, but even short videos require hours of work to get done between filming, editing etc. She wouldn’t be willing to put in the effort. All she’d be willing to do is shout in front of a camera and talk about tit no one cares about (which is what her YouTube presence has been all about for years), but she probably noticed people no longer fall for that crap and actually expect content creators to be creative. And she doesn’t have one creative bone in her body.

Reactions: 8
She does realise she doesn't need to do ridiculously long videos on YouTube right? John and Hank Green have successfully been doing YouTube since it began and the majority of their videos (unless it's a particularly special occasion) are usually 4 minutes or less.
How sad that yet again the question asker feels it necessary to add "no hate just curious", as though they are almost afraid to ask and risk a Crabbie Clapback.

Reactions: 34
I post pictures of my friends children- with her permission- but all my socials are private

How sad that yet again the question asker feels it necessary to add "no hate just curious", as though they are almost afraid to ask and risk a Crabbie Clapback.
This exact wording on a few questions feels like Crabbie could be the one behind them...🤡🤷‍♀️🤡

Reactions: 5
This exact wording on a few questions feels like Crabbie could be the one behind them...🤡🤷‍♀️🤡
But would she want to draw attention to the fact that she has cultivated such a toxic culture of fear amongst her fans, that they are scared to ask her a question.

Reactions: 7
Press night in Manchester for Scott tonight in So Lucky ... where is the "break a leg" post from her? In fact has she bothered to promote the show for him at all, given he's her best mate, and she's been sat at home all week just moaning about jet lag.

Of course that press night may be where she is off to today, starting with the tube she was on earlier, in which case I'll take it back!

Reactions: 10
I'm curious to see if the dynamic changes once she's a mum. She is completely someone who drops people who either aren't useful or if she's moved on to someone else. Wouldn't surprise me if her whole focus becomes being a mum. Another personality she can inhabit

Reactions: 14
The winnie the pooh hunny pot thing is really annoying me. It's so ridiculous. Like, what size is that??

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Sadly Carrie never left that phase and is now writing the mediocre books herself.

FB_IMG_1699991412203.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm curious to see if the dynamic changes once she's a mum. She is completely someone who drops people who either aren't useful or if she's moved on to someone else. Wouldn't surprise me if her whole focus becomes being a mum. Another personality she can inhabit
And then once the baby isn't so dependent on her she'll be bemoaning how she's lost her way and how she just feels like "mum" and not Carrie any more and it'll be because she threw her whole chest into being mum and neglecting herself, with the implication that that's just what you do for your children 🙄

Reactions: 9
I agree, but also - the person Carrie mostly needs to set boundaries with is herself. She controls what she puts out there. Don’t give anyone anything and the fans (and us on here!) won’t ask after a short while.

But yeah - there’s zero chance she’s not going to expose her kid from day one. She’s already got the excuse all laid out. For the inevitable hello mag exclusive about the baby, too.
Carrie doesn’t know what boundaries are and how to set them. It’s not clapping back at a question in a Q+A. It’s not responding at all, and not posting pics of their child.

Reactions: 12
She never answered my question. It was a genuine question. Not a piss take one. Oh well.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.