Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

daisymay30

People do use them interchangeably all the time, but it just drives me maaaad because they’re actually different words. Whilst is not fancy! Anyway. As you were.
Whilst is certainly more formal/archaic, and you wouldn't tend to use it colloquially, but it does mean the same thing as while.

Reactions: 5

mxllie2012

I’m convinced she’s going to be dragging her poor child out on stage at least half the nights on this tour. I’ve got no issue with her going on tour 7 months after having a baby, loads of people go back to work when their kid is that age but she’s 100% going to use her daughter as a tour prop.

If she also decides to be a knob and only post photos of her daughter with her face covered, all she’s going to do is attract the wrong kind of attention and crowd to her shows because her “mystery” baby daughter is there

TheChicagoPiano

She’s removed the bit that people have interpreted as the baby coming with her - in any case, to me it could’ve meant that her baby was “with them” in the sense of it existing rather than physically travelling with her. Perhaps another case of carrie’s poor wording?

kev1974

VIP Member
Damn I was going to get one of Bird and Blend's advent calendars for someone that drinks matcha every day, but now I know they are continuing to give any profits they would make from me to the likes of Carrie Hope FetchitFree, in spite of the piss poor half hearted job she did with the halloween calendar, then I am fully put off and won't be bothering.

They might as well film somone throwing the calendar into the gutter and stamping all over it in the rain, it would tell us more about the teas inside and get them more views/sales than wasting it on the world's worst dimfluencer ever would.

CelineJenkins

There's a YouTuber I've just started watching who has a toddler and I completely respect how she deals with sharing her daughter online. As in, she doesn't.
She didn't tell her followers she was pregnant, when she shared the news she showed her briefly but did not share her name. She refers to her with a nickname and doesn't show her face on social media
This is how you set healthy boundaries

I am concerned that Carrie will plaster her baby all over the internet without any concern for privacy or safety.
She most likely will because she will have to brag about how her baby is the most beautiful baby ever and she will have to document everything. Like the first time she makes a noise or wakes up in the morning to the first feed

RunRunRun

Chatty Member
The seats they had for Old Friends look like the same ones that I got as on the day rush tickets the other week. It’s unfortunately not selling well from what I can see but I’d urge anyone who has any interest in musical theatre to see it as it’s such a good show. Without going all Carrie, I cried about 4 times (which I never do) and it’s worth seeing for Lea Salonga alone who has the most fantastic voice. Bernadette Peters vocally isn’t as strong as what she used to be but who cares, it’s Bernadette Peters! (the rest of the cast are also great). Rush tickets are easy to get via TodayTix, I’ve seen it twice (first time had paid for full price tickets) and going again and taking my parents for Christmas (they don’t know much Sondheim and so had said it didn’t really appeal but I guarantee 100% that they will enjoy it). I have no connection to the show but feel sorry for it because I think it’s not getting the love it deserves. As you were.
Thanks for the recommendation - I’ve got a free day soon and was thinking about seeing a show, I’ve added this to my alerts on TodayTix.

• Heart

Emxxx

VIP Member
She never answered my question. It was a genuine question. Not a piss take one. Oh well.

Mark81

VIP Member
Not saying this is perfect or amazing (but they also are just a regular person and not a wannabe influencer), but compared to Joel's reel this is so much smoother

skelria

I hate to be the armchair geneticist, but I agree with one user (it’s been a few pages since it was posted) that spectated she might be on the spectrum.

She can’t read the room and decide what is appropriate behavior for the situation. She lets her emotions take over and can’t function properly. She has a special interest in Disney. She can’t figure out boundaries.

Of course there’s nothing wrong with being on the spectrum (I have 22Q or VCFS and am missing my 22nd chromosome). It could also be why her parents let her behavior slide. It would just make a lot more sense in explaining why she behaves the way she does.
I totally agree as someone who is autistic and to be honest, even if she is on the spectrum she probably wouldn’t know or have even considered it due to the huge amounts of misinformation surrounding female autism

DaisySims89

VIP Member
Joel did post a story about the tour saying he can't wait, but it was quite subdued compared to what he's done before

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Maybe someone should inform her that when the baby poops you change the nappy? Or that when they're hungry you feed them? Ooh and that when they have a stuffy nose you clean it? Since Mrs Hopeless Montague needs everything written out and explained to her ❤
She’ll be the new Miss „nobody told me!“ (hi to everyone from the Lily Pebbles thread 😁)

kev1974

VIP Member
She’s always been a spoilt brat now she’s a full on obnoxious Karen.

What will happen if little Matilda Hashtag Gifted Halloween Leota Loungefly Joanie Autumn Christmas Fletcher Kindness Montague doesn’t get the lead in the school play. Will Crabbie and Goyle be up at the school kicking off
There will be a HUGE EYE ROLL of course!

Stegosauria

Here’s some other random boring shit she shared pre-rant but I wanted to post that first.

View attachment 2576868
I don’t know about you, but I’d be mortified if I’d been drawn like this when that was blatantly not my body type 😬 I know fashion illustrations tend to be drawn stylistically, but this is a costume designed with Carrie as the model, and the drawing is of HER, and that is absolutely not what she looked like at the time.

View attachment 2576871
View attachment 2576874
View attachment 2576875
She posted this two days ago so the 25 weeks tomorrow applies to yesterday—16/11. Not sure if she’s saying that’s when she conceived or that’s when she found out??
25 weeks means 25 weeks from last menstrual period, or the dates slightly shifted depending on how the baby is measuring. It’s not from when she found out.