Carrie Hope Fletcher #82 The Honeymoaners

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This, and how he presented the whole situation emphasising that they were STRANDED!!!! IN THE CAPTIAL CITY OF FRANCE!!!!! as if they were stranded in the Gaza Strip.
Hes such a twit!

She was so now before she met him.

400833022_6905437506211324_4068500420014242801_n.jpg

What in all hell is she on?

Edit to add: Carrie posted this as a story but since I use an instastory viewer app her username doesn't appear.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The thing is you SHOULD care what others think, to an extent. To not do that puts you in a massive selfish bubble.

You shouldn't care to the extent you run your life by it, but you should care that you questions people's reactions, consider their pov. Especially if multiple people have similar reactions to you, or think of you. Or your plans arent going the wya your expected. You're not always right, it's how we learn and grow.
---
Also yeah, I've been to France. You don't need to speak French to get around.

Worst case scenario use your common sense (which of course they don't have) or use an app for translation
Yes, you don't "need" to be fluent, but it's advisable not to shower a French person (while visiting France) with an English monologue and expect them to communicate with you in "your" mother tongue. My school-level French isn't exactly fantastic, but I make an effort to stick with basic French whenever I visit Paris out of courtesy. I find it presumptuous to travel elsewhere and demand that locals adapt to your insignificant preferences, as you're the one seeking something from them, not the other way around.

And if Carrie didn’t have French in school, then she should have done some research and practice a bit in advance 🤷🏼‍♀️. That’s what I do anyway.. wherever I go.

Reactions: 19
You can get phrasebooks too if you’re unfamiliar with the language so at least you can do basic stuff like check into a hotel and order a beer.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
My favourite part of the whole “STRANDED!!” tweet is the fact that he felt the need to clarify that Paris is THE CAPTIAL CITY OF FRANCE for some reason only known to him.

Was being in France the cherry on top to an already unpleasant situation? Did he think the word “Paris” would make us think of any other place in the world as a first option? Did he not know Paris was the capital of France before that very moment and thought Icelandair wouldn’t know either? What a mystery.
to be fair there is Paris, Texas..
---
I assumed part of their outrage was because they were STRANDED in a city (THE CAPTIAL OF FRANCE) where they don’t speak the language and couldn’t rely on almost everything having an English translation like Disneyland Paris does.

I’m assuming Carrie doesn’t speak French as we’d have heard about it long before now if she could!
in my experience a lot of French people in Paris speak English they are just reluctant to.. They also don't expect English speakers to be able to speak French as exemplified by when an obnoxious Metro staff member tried to get smart with me. The machines at the small station were not taking cash so I went to the window. He said this is for cards only, use the machines.. i said I can't use the machines they are not working.!!!. he was like oh ok well i dont't care go to another station . The mouthful I gave him in French... to this day my partner says how impressed he was.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
The thought of those 2 bumping uglys makes me want to 🤢 i know that’s horrible but I just can’t see the attraction in him she must of been so desperate to get married and have children she just settled for him. And was Joel really this into disney before he got with her 🤯
Tbh, I’m at the point where I also can’t see how he’s attracted to her. She’s naturally pretty but has made herself ugly over the past few years, from the weight gain, the vile orange hair, her terrible style…not to mention her nasty personality.

Reactions: 13
Joel furiously defending his wife and daughter over Instagram stories...

Now come on guys, we're aware of a group of #haters online bickering about our beautiful daughter, Mathilda Olivia Jolene Carriebosse Fletcher Montague the First's name. People have decided to be #asses and point out that her second middle name Olivia is close to the name of a certain person in the west end which is not at all the case so just #letitgo ❄
#notlikeothernames

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Carrie Hope Fletcher #83 - STRANDED, PREGNANT in the CAPTIAL OF PANTO
Carrie Hope Fletcher is ~*~STRANDED~*~ In The CaPiTaL oF pAnTo
Screenshot_20231110_161440_Google.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not mocking performers who do panto. I just know that Carrie The Great, darling of the West End and ALW would have never believed she would be doing this a couple of years ago. It amuses me.

In the words of Sharpay Evans
🎼"THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED....
This is not what I planned 😞 " 🎼🎤

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Carrie Hope Fletcher is ~*~STRANDED~*~ In The CaPiTaL oF pAnTo
View attachment 2564926

Disclaimer: I am not mocking performers who do panto. I just know that Carrie The Great, darling of the West End and ALW would have never believed she would be doing this a couple of years ago. It amuses me.

In the words of Sharpay Evans
🎼"THIS IS NOT WHAT I WANTED....
This is not what I planned 😞 " 🎼🎤
What is going on with that botch to the right of Carrie?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
🤣 I know. I'm not a pro! I just made it quick on my phone.
Oh right lol I thought surely the poster isn't like that?! Although I did see one panto poster where they spliced an actor's head onto the previous year's Prince's body!

Reactions: 5
The only way back for Carrie's career is post-baby, securing a long West End contract, not a lead role but a supporting one, and doing it diligently, night after night, with zero complaints.

But we all know that won't happen, for a plethora of reasons.

Reactions: 16
in my experience a lot of French people in Paris speak English they are just reluctant to.. They also don't expect English speakers to be able to speak French as exemplified by when an obnoxious Metro staff member tried to get smart with me. The machines at the small station were not taking cash so I went to the window. He said this is for cards only, use the machines.. i said I can't use the machines they are not working.!!!. he was like oh ok well i dont't care go to another station . The mouthful I gave him in French... to this day my partner says how impressed he was.
years ago I read some travel tips somewhere that simply said “be like Tarzan”. I.e., it doesn’t matter if you only know a few words or you pronounce them like a Neanderthal. The locals will appreciate you a million times more than some clown that doesn’t bother to learn anything at all and expects everyone to change to English. “be like Tarzan” has always served me well.

Reactions: 16
to be fair there is Paris, Texas..
---

As someone who’s (unofficially) half French, Parisians also hate French people 😂 they just hate everyone 🤷‍♀️ I flew back to Paris over the summer and the guy at passport was so confused by my British passport but total fluency in French, proper accent and everything. I was like ‘yeah I grew up here and spent 3/4 of my life in France, I just don’t have the passport to match. I know, it’s weird…’ 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe but I think most phones have a translation thing on them, I think they’re just a bit entitled. I’ve got by in a few different countries by hello, please and thank you and like pointing to what you want on menus 🤣.

If it was a small town, maybe. I go to Greece sometimes to see my BFs extended family and There are some areas i have to use the phone translator or ask him for help 🤣. Otherwise they’ll be like “who is this daft tourist” 😭
See I was thinking more that they were lazy/entitled to think “I can’t speak French” and would just screech at people the injustice of it all rather than realise English is a universal language or give some basic French (and manners) a try!

Perhaps, however most of not all hotels will have an English speaking receptionist, many restaurants have English menues available (especially in the touristy neighborhoods) and, without trying to make a generalisation, most people in Paris can speak enough English to assist you if you're struggling. However, if you turn up being loud, entitled and angry without even attempting a few words (as in a simple Bonjour, merci), yeah they'll probably act like they don't speak English and glare at you.
Loud, Entitled, and Angry sound like the names of the future Montague Family once their little bundle of ego arrives!
---
I’m sorry, I find it very difficult to believe that two native English speakers would have any trouble at all getting by in one the most touristic cities in the world. If it was a small French village, sure. But freaking Paris? No way.
But where’s the ✨ DRAMA ✨ in that!? Just being ordinary tourists isn’t enough!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
This chocolate shop is local to me and they are AMAZING, but for some reason I hate how influencers get their claws into these businesses. Joe Wicks directed loads of people to Chocolate Smiths and while I was so happy for them, it made it 10x harder to place an order because of demand 🤣

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
This chocolate shop is local to me and they are AMAZING, but for some reason I hate how influencers get their claws into these businesses. Joe Wicks directed loads of people to Chocolate Smiths and while I was so happy for them, it made it 10x harder to place an order because of demand 🤣
That’s how the grift works, the begging for freebies stage

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
years ago I read some travel tips somewhere that simply said “be like Tarzan”. I.e., it doesn’t matter if you only know a few words or you pronounce them like a Neanderthal. The locals will appreciate you a million times more than some clown that doesn’t bother to learn anything at all and expects everyone to change to English. “be like Tarzan” has always served me well.
oh exactly i always try... usually they hear me speaking to whoever I am with and switch to English which is annoying because at least I am making rhe effort and tbf most of the time how hard is it to say like 2 ice creams or whatever
---
Perhaps, however most of not all hotels will have an English speaking receptionist, many restaurants have English menues available (especially in the touristy neighborhoods) and, without trying to make a generalisation, most people in Paris can speak enough English to assist you if you're struggling. However, if you turn up being loud, entitled and angry without even attempting a few words (as in a simple Bonjour, merci), yeah they'll probably act like they don't speak English and glare at you.
omg i just remembered if you go in a shop in Paris and you don't greet the staff on entering and leaving, you WILL be judged and treated poorly... i have no doubt that Carrie had no time for any such pleasantries

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.