Carrie Hope Fletcher #82 The Honeymoaners

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite part of the whole “STRANDED!!” tweet is the fact that he felt the need to clarify that Paris is THE CAPTIAL CITY OF FRANCE for some reason only known to him.

Was being in France the cherry on top to an already unpleasant situation? Did he think the word “Paris” would make us think of any other place in the world as a first option? Did he not know Paris was the capital of France before that very moment and thought Icelandair wouldn’t know either? What a mystery.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I wonder if the went to the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas? And I wonder if they got lost in it?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
The Whatsonstage Awards have moved to the London Palladium this year 🤣

The place she 'casually sold it out' but can't be nominated for!
Haha, why do I feel Carrie will see this as rubbing salt in her wound 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My favourite part of the Stranded in Paris débacle was that they specifically travelled to the airport "to see what we can do" as if the person at the desk is gonna be like "I can see you're very upset, I'll have a word with the clouds!"
I still think about this part now and again. I frequently travel to Paris for work missions. The airport they were having issue with isn't central Paris, it's a good 45 minutes-1h from the hyper centre. The fact that those two entitled idiots knew that their flight was cancelled before they left Disney (which again, isn't central to Paris and is another 45minutes in the other direction) yet still decided to trek allll the way to the airport is insanity. Literally what did they expect? If there's no flight there's no flight. You don't need to go all the way there to make a point, the staff have bigger issues to deal with.

Map for illustration. Point A is Bastille, they posted a story of them there after giving up at the airport. Airport is north. Disney is far right. They wasted half of their time going to the airport when they already knew there was no plane.
IMG_20231110_222913.jpg

Reactions: 22
I assumed part of their outrage was because they were STRANDED in a city (THE CAPTIAL OF FRANCE) where they don’t speak the language and couldn’t rely on almost everything having an English translation like Disneyland Paris does.

I’m assuming Carrie doesn’t speak French as we’d have heard about it long before now if she could!

Re: 'coming a point in every women's life where' she stops giving a duck about others' opinions. I agree, we all go through that. Only me (6 months older than Carrie) and all my friends went through that in our early 20s.

Uni was peak 'caring about what other people thought'. Then we all grew up and got jobs and just did our lives. Most of us were over the neurosis that plagues Carrie by 22, at the latest 24/25.

Which begs the question, why is she still struggling with this ten years later? Did something stunt her early-adulthood brain development?
Leaving school at 16, never having a proper job until 21, and having Debbie Fletcher as your mother would do that to you.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Leaving school at 16, never having a proper job until 21, and having Debbie Fletcher as your mother would do that to you.
It could be adhd. I see some of it in Carrie, and I at 28 still struggle about worrying about what others think, mostly due to rejection sensitivity, and my own negative self talk I have been working on. But its all internalized with me and never would I post about it. Also mine is all because I worry about burdening others, or doing something wrong due to growing up undiagnosed, whereas Carrie gives off more narc its all about me vibe.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Being stranded in the city of love would’ve been the perfect opportunity for Mrs Montague to romanticise her life. Clearly doesn’t think that much of Joel if she can’t conjure up some magical story. We are instead treated to the most mundane events painted as life-altering moments and whimsical epiphanies

Reactions: 16
Being stranded in the city of love would’ve been the perfect opportunity for Mrs Montague to romanticise her life. Clearly doesn’t think that much of Joel if she can’t conjure up some magical story. We are instead treated to the most mundane events painted as life-altering moments and whimsical epiphanies
Oh after enough embarrassment she did later try to romanticise their extra day in Paris in a post, conveniently leaving out the fact that they wasted half the day with a useless trip to the airport and Joel’s online meltdown. This after having declared earlier that she didn’t want to go into Paris with him because they both had „done Paris“ before (individually). Even Carrie realized how weird that sounded, so she decided to rewrite the day and pretended to enjoy the most romantic city in the world with her fiancé.

Reactions: 28
Like a teenager who thinks they're the first one to discover or think something
That's ✨️The Sonder Society✨️ in a nutshell isn't it?
Our girl clearly googled "quirky insightful words" and gave herself a pat on the pat for that one.

Reactions: 18
Re: 'coming a point in every women's life where' she stops giving a duck about others' opinions. I agree, we all go through that. Only me (6 months older than Carrie) and all my friends went through that in our early 20s.

Uni was peak 'caring about what other people thought'. Then we all grew up and got jobs and just did our lives. Most of us were over the neurosis that plagues Carrie by 22, at the latest 24/25.

Which begs the question, why is she still struggling with this ten years later? Did something stunt her early-adulthood brain development?
In my culture it’s important to fit in with society’s expectations and most women of all ages care “what others think” for that reason but I still rarely meet anyone as obsessed as Carrie …

Reactions: 2
I assumed part of their outrage was because they were STRANDED in a city (THE CAPTIAL OF FRANCE) where they don’t speak the language and couldn’t rely on almost everything having an English translation like Disneyland Paris does.

I’m assuming Carrie doesn’t speak French as we’d have heard about it long before now if she could!
Perhaps, however most of not all hotels will have an English speaking receptionist, many restaurants have English menues available (especially in the touristy neighborhoods) and, without trying to make a generalisation, most people in Paris can speak enough English to assist you if you're struggling. However, if you turn up being loud, entitled and angry without even attempting a few words (as in a simple Bonjour, merci), yeah they'll probably act like they don't speak English and glare at you.

Reactions: 13
I’m sorry, I find it very difficult to believe that two native English speakers would have any trouble at all getting by in one the most touristic cities in the world. If it was a small French village, sure. But freaking Paris? No way.

Reactions: 29
WTF is she on about biscuits?! Is this a metaphor or is she genuinely this excited by the possibility of being offered a garibaldi?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
In my culture it’s important to fit in with society’s expectations and most women of all ages care “what others think” for that reason but I still rarely meet anyone as obsessed as Carrie …
Carrie is in a league of her own. Most people that care too much what others say or think about them become obsessed with improving themselves (appearance, personality, skills) , fixing what they perceive as their flaws, becoming successful and being the best at what they do etc. I still think it’s a sad way of living with a huge amount of pressure, but it can lead to self improvement up to some extent.

Carrie looks like tit, behaves poorly, is extremely unprofessional and lazy, can’t even bother to spell properly and double check to ensure what she’s posting makes sense etc and then throws her toys out of her pram when someone highlights any of this. That’s not caring what other people think or relying on other's opinions. That is living in an echo chamber and expecting everyone to lick your arse and tell you that you are beautiful, smart, kind, talented when you’re unattractive, stupid, rude and subpar when it comes to your performing skills.

I know some people blame Debbie for this but it’s unacceptable for a 30 year old woman (who is also growing a human) to pretend to be so unaware of her own shortcomings and work on them. Your parents stop being responsible for your poor behaviours when you become an adult. This is not a woman that was abused and has emotional scars to carry for life (that’s a whole different story), this is a spoiled brat that refuses to hear what people are saying. When a ton of people tell you that you suck, you’re the common denominator and not them. You really suck and should work on yourself.

Reactions: 26
WTF is she on about biscuits?! Is this a metaphor or is she genuinely this excited by the possibility of being offered a garibaldi?
In a thread long ago I said that Joel was like the human version of a junk email folder. Carrie’s insta is giving off the same vibes.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Maybe but I think most phones have a translation thing on them, I think they’re just a bit entitled. I’ve got by in a few different countries by hello, please and thank you and like pointing to what you want on menus 🤣.

If it was a small town, maybe. I go to Greece sometimes to see my BFs extended family and There are some areas i have to use the phone translator or ask him for help 🤣. Otherwise they’ll be like “who is this daft tourist” 😭

Reactions: 7
The thing is you SHOULD care what others think, to an extent. To not do that puts you in a massive selfish bubble.

You shouldn't care to the extent you run your life by it, but you should care that you questions people's reactions, consider their pov. Especially if multiple people have similar reactions to you, or think of you. Or your plans arent going the wya your expected. You're not always right, it's how we learn and grow.
---
Also yeah, I've been to France. You don't need to speak French to get around.

Worst case scenario use your common sense (which of course they don't have) or use an app for translation

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My favourite part of the whole “STRANDED!!” tweet is the fact that he felt the need to clarify that Paris is THE CAPTIAL CITY OF FRANCE for some reason only known to him.
This, and how he presented the whole situation emphasising that they were STRANDED!!!! IN THE CAPTIAL CITY OF FRANCE!!!!! as if they were stranded in the Gaza Strip.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.