Carrie Hope Fletcher #77 Tom Adjacent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly. Not sure how excuses are being made for Tom yet people happy to tear Carrie apart (usually rightly) for her attitude. They are both two sides of same coin.
I do think Tom had an expectation of winning but I also think in most areas of his life Tom does put the work in. Could never accuse him of resting on his laurels - he uses his name now, yes, but I think he has a good work ethic. Which is more than can be said for his sister who has ridden his coattails her entire career.

Reactions: 23
Exactly. Not sure how excuses are being made for Tom yet people happy to tear Carrie apart (usually rightly) for her attitude. They are both two sides of same coin.
I find both of them obnoxious personality wise and obsessed with freebies, but that's where the similarities end as far as I'm concerned.

Tom is actually talented, very creative, including his content on YouTube (when he used to post) and writes decent books and he's earned everything he has with hard work.
If Carrie didn't ride on his success and had actually accomplished things with her own hard work, I think people wouldn't be that bothered with her. But she's always out there preaching left and right about everything as if she's an expert and the most talented woman out there. 🤮

It helps that Tom is social media trained, so his posts and stories don't irk people, since in the end we don't know these people personally and go by their social media presence.

Reactions: 14
I do think Tom had an expectation of winning but I also think in most areas of his life Tom does put the work in. Could never accuse him of resting on his laurels - he uses his name now, yes, but I think he has a good work ethic. Which is more than can be said for his sister who has ridden his coattails her entire career.
Yeah I agree he puts the work in and has some talent. But his attitude pm strictly was arrogant and entitled, just the same as Carrie, and I don't think it's fair to excuse him

Reactions: 12
Yeah I agree he puts the work in and has some talent. But his attitude pm strictly was arrogant and entitled, just the same as Carrie, and I don't think it's fair to excuse him
Although have you seen people kicking off over the McFly soundcheck VIP they’re doing at £120 each for really quite small venues. It’s a joke and they’re robbing bastards!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Couldn’t even watch that reel, she sounds like a twit. Fancy saying that you know exactly what being a parent will entail and all the sacrifices ! Until you are doing it you have no idea what it’ll be like.

Reactions: 22
Although have you seen people kicking off over the McFly soundcheck VIP they’re doing at £120 each for really quite small venues. It’s a joke and they’re robbing bastards!
mcfly have always been money orientated. Anything they can do to get money out of their fans they will, and they’re notorious for having bought-on support acts for their tours

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I find both of them obnoxious personality wise and obsessed with freebies, but that's where the similarities end as far as I'm concerned.

Tom is actually talented, very creative, including his content on YouTube (when he used to post) and writes decent books and he's earned everything he has with hard work.
If Carrie didn't ride on his success and had actually accomplished things with her own hard work, I think people wouldn't be that bothered with her. But she's always out there preaching left and right about everything as if she's an expert and the most talented woman out there. 🤮

It helps that Tom is social media trained, so his posts and stories don't irk people, since in the end we don't know these people personally and go by their social media presence.
I do think Carrie is talented, she naturally had (before she ruined it!) a stunning voice, and she wrote a few songs when she was younger which were very cute.

The problem is, talent will only get you so far. You have to put in the work yourself to improve. Tom did, there’s no doubt he has worked hard honing on and improving his skills over the years. We’ve seen absolutely none of this from Carrie.

Reactions: 15
Tom was more pure entitlement on Strictly than putting in the work to get better. He didn't dance very well and got pissed when he got constructive feedback from the judges. He spent his time flirting with and emotionally cheating on his poor wife with his dance parter Amy. And he has never worked on his writing skills - like Giovanna and Carrie, he's just word-vomited onto a page and got it published because he's famous. He worked hard to get good when he was a teenager - before he got McFly and during Mcfly. But Strictly+writing, he's not put in effort or dedication to improve.

Reactions: 14
I first heard of carrie when she was :
In les mis. Dating Pete. Doing dear Tom/Carrie/gi videos. Buzz was a new born so makes me feel old seeing him at her wedding.

she was more natural and YouTuber in those days. Nt as much shouting on videos.

her relationship with Pete was fairly private.
think she was around 22/23 at that time.

she was like the big sister to her fans and her fan base was largely 15year old girls.

she then was with Oliver and the fun content stopped. It was like she was the girl dating the older man and trying too hard to be serious and fit with his crowd.

she did the boudoir photoshoot and while it was not what we expected it got a decent response.

jump to dating Joel and it’s “we have so much sex. Look at us naked on a beach.”

she overcompensates everything.

Reactions: 16
If Carrie thinks people are meanie haters now, just wait until she does something semi dangerous for the baby and the online mums groups really kick off 👀

Reactions: 22
If Carrie thinks people are meanie haters now, just wait until she does something semi dangerous for the baby and the online mums groups really kick off 👀
She doesn’t even need to do anything wrong with her kid and the mum police will be all over her.

Reactions: 10
On the topic of Sam Barks (can’t quote the previous chat about her because it’s on the old thread) - I saw her a few weeks ago in Frozen a couple of days before she announced she was pregnant.

They had slightly let out the top of her dress and corset so it fleetingly crossed my mind that she might be in the early stages of pregnancy. Then she announced she was like 6 months pregnant. Her performance was unreal anyway, but singing those showstoppers when you’re that pregnant is just remarkable!! (I know her bump is small but there’s lots of stress on the body of a pregnant person that isn’t just the size of the baby). The woman is a powerhouse.
We saw Sam in frozen and oh my god her performance was flawless. We knew she was going on Mat leave and thought we had missed her as Elsa. I wouldn't mind missing carrie in anything.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.