Carrie Hope Fletcher #77 Tom Adjacent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably not, but I can absolutely see her becoming another Georgia Jones and whining CONSTANTLY about how hard it is to be a mum, how much of her time it takes up, etc. Georgia is unwatchable, or she was for the first couple of years (I haven't even attempted to watch in a long time), and certainly came off as someone who wanted a baby, but hated the reality of it. I felt so so bad for that baby :(
Georgia was the typical “first woman to ever have a baby” type.

Reactions: 4
could you IMAGINE being alessia in this situation? i have this imagined scenario of her being in a girls group chat (something care bear most likely has never been a part of as her number of female friends has dwindled over the years) and one of her friends sending her carrie’s insta reels and cryptic posts about her exes (alessia’s CURRENT partner) not wanting children. i would simply be embarrassed for carrie: preaching about being unbothered whilst simultaneously being blatantly very bothered??? grow up carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Joel was 10000000000% a virgin before getting carrie pregnant so imagine how disgusting and unenjoyable the sex was, I bet he came before putting it in and that’s how she got preganant 🤮🤮🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Why don't you think he had a good experience ?
Sorry I wrote too much! TLDR: The judges were scathing (unfairly so at times), he didn't win and sulked.

He's quite the perfectionist and put himself under a lot of pressure. He's suffered from an ED in the past and he lost a lot of weight throughout the series, visibly so. He looked drawn and haggard 🙁
He was unfavourably compared to Harry Judd by viewers who didn't really know anything of McFly other than that comparison (Harry won his series and was more naturally talented at dancing*, had better routines).

The judges were pretty harsh compared to other dancers who were worse.

I don't really rate Amy's choreography and she's a bit insipid. Tom tried really hard in rehearsals and on the night. They were mostly slightly above average (his ballroom was generally better) but his obsession with doing well/not failing was off-putting and you could tell he wasn't handling criticism well. In the sense he was somewhat stroppy/pouty/depressed about it which doesn't go over well on tv and made him look quite egotistical (Fletcher trait!).

It's surprising that both Fletchers, who've been in the spotlight most of their lives lack healthy ways of dealing with personal and professional adversity. You'd think they'd be able to afford some therapy by now! Tom was clearly out of his comfort zone but he's a performer by trade, he ought to have some coping skills. Some of McFly's releases haven't done all that well, it's not been success all the way. The projects he pivoted to have all been extremely successful so maybe he assumed Strictly would be the same. I've heard he has quite an intense/stressy personality in McFly so maybe he couldn't hide it so well on tv.

He really enjoyed rehearsing with Amy (too much seemingly, his marriage suffered 👀) but he was a bag of nerves and couldn't relax into dancing.

*Harry allegedly took dance lessons well before Strictly (cheat, haha), sought advice from his good friend Kara Tointon - the previous year's winner and he trained hard in the gym beforehand focusing on stamina and endurance. He was in it to win it and was paired with Aliona, one of the best pros imo. I don't know if Tom did any of these things - not to the extent Harry did anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
He's quite a perfectionist and put himself under a lot of pressure. He's suffered from an ED in the past and he lost a lot of weight throughout the series, visibly so. He looked quite drawn and haggard 🙁
He was unfavourably compared to Harry Judd by viewers (Harry won his series and was more naturally talented at dancing*, had better routines) and the judges were pretty harsh compared to others who were worse.

I don't really rate Amy's choreography and she's a bit insipid. Tom tried really hard and they were slightly above average (his ballroom was generally better) but his obsession with doing well/not failing was off-putting and you could tell he wasn't handling failure well. In the sense he was somewhat stroppy about it which doesn't go over well on tv and made him look quite egotistical (Fletcher trait!). It's surprising that both Fletchers, who've been in the spotlight most of their lives lack healthy ways of dealing with personal and professional adversity. You'd think they'd be able to afford some therapy by now! Tom was clearly out of his comfort zone but he's a performer by trade, he ought to have some coping skills. Some of the McFly releases haven't done all that well, it's not been success all the way. The projects he pivoted to have all been extremely successful so maybe he assumed Strictly would be the same. I've heard he has quite a difficult/stressy personality in McFly so maybe he couldn't hide it so well on tv.

*Harry allegedly took dance lessons well before Strictly (cheating haha), sought advice from his friend Kara Tointon, the previous year's winner and trained hard in the gym beforehand in terms of stamina and endurance. He was in it to win it and was paired with Aliona, one of the best pros imo. I don't know if Tom did any of these things - not to the extent Harry did apparently.
Love this analysis !

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Joel was 10000000000% a virgin before getting carrie pregnant so imagine how disgusting and unenjoyable the sex was, I bet he came before putting it in and that’s how she got preganant 🤮🤮🤮
Why would you say this and put this image in all our heads right before bed 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
“My husband and I are emotionally, financially, mentally, ready for children”

Good luck with that 🤣🤣🤣

They’ve known each other less than 18 months 🤦🏻‍♀️

NOTHING prepares you for kids! NOTHING 🤣🤣🤣

She’d be hilarious if she wasn’t so self righteous and aggressive.

She drains me 🫠
Spot on!! So jarring to say she absolutely knows EXACTLY what’s involved 😂😂 nobody appreciates the sacrifices until it happens!!!!!
---
Motherhood will torture her. It's so rough the first year or so
Plus babies are one thing…. Toddlers are a minefield…toddlers humble you 😈

Reactions: 8
I don't think Tom had a good experience overall (other than meeting Amy!) so he may have dispelled any illusions of how easy it would be.
Tom - because he’s an arrogant Fletcher - assumed he would win especially since his wife (somehow) won the jungle and his band mates won their respective tv shows

Reactions: 22
Yeah I think there is a difference, in that Carrie is going in completely blind to the risks which I think is more dangerous imo. And the fact is it is a huge bleeping impact. It changes your goddamn brain chemistry, (it can even make curly hair go straight. My middle school teacher told me this when I went back to the school to work as a teacher and asked her about why her hair was more straight and wavy when it used to be super curly. She said her second pregnancy changed her hair texture) so I think knowing the negative aspects are important before you just willy nilly bring a kid into the world, Bringing a being into extistence that didnt ask to be born is a big deal.
God, can you just imagine if Carrie loses her curls? I don't think anything would cause her a bigger identity crisis 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Georgia was the typical “first woman to ever have a baby” type.
And then every time she opened her mouth, she voiced her resentment and dislike of her baby. This is all just my opinion of what I saw, but I remember being physically repulsed by things she was saying.
I fully expect Carrie to talk about how hard it is, what a challenge her special baby is, etc. As well.

And then every time she opened her mouth, she voiced her resentment and dislike of her baby. This is all just my opinion of what I saw, but I remember being physically repulsed by things she was saying.
I fully expect Carrie to talk about how hard it is, what a challenge her special baby is, etc. As well.
I believe the trouble with Georgia is that she missed her life before kids too much. She resented Cooper for ruining her life!

I feel like Carrie will be the opposite and she’ll have an amazing pregnancy, an amazing drug free birth (probably a water birth with Joel in the birthing pool with her 🤮) then she’ll have no problems breast feeding. The baby will sleep through the night within weeks and she’ll talk about how amazing motherhood is and it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to her!

Reactions: 10
could you IMAGINE being alessia in this situation? i have this imagined scenario of her being in a girls group chat (something care bear most likely has never been a part of as her number of female friends has dwindled over the years) and one of her friends sending her carrie’s insta reels and cryptic posts about her exes (alessia’s CURRENT partner) not wanting children. i would simply be embarrassed for carrie: preaching about being unbothered whilst simultaneously being blatantly very bothered??? grow up carrie.
I honestly and truly don't think Alessia and Oliver give the shreks a second thought.

Reactions: 39
Carrie will be another Joe Wicks and going on Gi’s podcast when the baby is 6 weeks old, talking like an expert already and saying that babies are a piece of piss and what is all the fuss about.

Reactions: 15
Tom - because he’s an arrogant Fletcher - assumed he would win especially since his wife (somehow) won the jungle and his band mates won their respective tv shows
Exactly. Not sure how excuses are being made for Tom yet people happy to tear Carrie apart (usually rightly) for her attitude. They are both two sides of same coin.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.