Carrie Hope Fletcher #78 What do we do when life gets tough? Marry our rebound and get up the duff!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had to shorten the thread title as it was slightly too long, should've read: Carrie Hope Fletcher #78 And what do we do when life gets tough? Marry our rebound (twice) and get up the duff!

Thank you @awkwardjellyfish for the title!

Honourable mention to @polkamoon for "Baby shrek do do do do do do" - not sure if it was a thread title suggestion so I didn't use it as one, but it's a hilarious comment nonetheless.

Recap: Carrie is pregnant, and that's about it

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Coming back to this thread after a hot minute (apologies if this has already been said) but it's now SO clear that oli broke up with her because she wanted to rush into all of these milestones. It is unbelievably embarrassing to watch her rush into a marriage and pregnancy just because she's racing her own expectations for what should be accomplished by 30. I can't imagine the pressure she was putting on in her last relationship to propose

Reactions: 54
Coming back to this thread after a hot minute (apologies if this has already been said) but it's now SO clear that oli broke up with her because she wanted to rush into all of these milestones. It is unbelievably embarrassing to watch her rush into a marriage and pregnancy just because she's racing her own expectations for what should be accomplished by 30. I can't imagine the pressure she was putting on in her last relationship to propose

Playing devil’s advocate 😈 would it be considered rushing if her and Oli had gotten engaged and/or married? I think Oli’s reasoning for not getting engaged was more that he didn’t want to get married, rather than it being rushed

Reactions: 21
Playing devil’s advocate 😈 would it be considered rushing if her and Oli had gotten engaged and/or married? I think Oli’s reasoning for not getting engaged was more that he didn’t want to get married, rather than it being rushed
I think Oli's reasoning for not getting engaged had a lot to do with Carrie's personality, and their trip to Finland was the final nail in the coffin that made him realize that.
Hey, maybe Carrie rushed everything with Joel because she panicked he would not want to go through all the milestone within a year, if they had spent more time together.

Reactions: 25
Motherhood is going to hit her like an absolute train and I hope the women in her life don't enable this attitude of her knowing everything about it and actually manage her expectations. Performing on stage until 10 and getting home at 12 is nothing compared to the tiredness of having a newborn. Her mum and gi would be doing her a disservice if they let this breezy way of thinking continue.

Reactions: 34
Oh for sure, I mean he clearly wanted a FWB situation from the start and seeing as she'd overlapped with Pete she threw herself into a relationship with Oli to try and make it all worth it and hoped Oli would change his mind. He's already said that he isn't interested in getting married. I'd bet that she figured he'd warm up to the idea with time, or even worse, that she could get him to change for her.

Many have said that Carrie was probably expecting a proposal during their Lapland holiday. I reckon she was expecting for it and probably hinting (not so subtly) to Oli that's what she wanted, especially since we all know her deadline was her 30th.

I legit wouldn't be surprised if that was the straw that broke the camels back. If a guy tells you he doesn't want kids/marriage, just believe him. Carrie comes across as the type of woman that thought she could get a guy to change his mind and feels blindsided/betrayed because they broke up because their goals didn't align, despite them being communicated from the start.

Cue Joel arriving and literally kissing the ground she stomps on, giving her gifts, holidays, a ring and now a child.

Reactions: 33
1. Baby shrek 😂
2. If Oliver and Carrie hit those milestones I wouldn’t consider it rushing. Five years is more than enough time to know if it’s right.

I do see him hitting those milestones with his current gf though.

Reactions: 28
Motherhood is going to hit her like an absolute train and I hope the women in her life don't enable this attitude of her knowing everything about it and actually manage her expectations. Performing on stage until 10 and getting home at 12 is nothing compared to the tiredness of having a newborn. Her mum and gi would be doing her a disservice if they let this breezy way of thinking continue.
You know what will be interesting to see? If Carrie will ever admit to finding motherhood/having a newborn difficult. She's been so fake and dead inside for the past almost two years, I cant imagine anything genuine coming from her when it comes to struggles and actually admitting them. Other than when it benefits her, like the whole imposter syndrome/crippling anxiety thing she mentioned when it came to the tour and then suddenly overcame.

Reactions: 30
I've always tried to give Carrie the benefit of the doubt - both because I believed better of her because I'd seen better from her before, and because I don't like to speak badly of people (especially from only seeing their social media content), and sometimes she gets harshly treated.

However.... I cannot get over the video where she smugly bragged about knowing nothing about parenting/children/birth. It's SO out of touch, it's such a damaging attitude to have and the fact that she didn't cringe watching it through before posting, is unbelievable to me. She was so proud of her completely wilful ignorance, it's vomit-inducing. She comes across as a caricature of herself, like Joey season 10 on Friends vs. the more nuanced character of Joey in season 1. How she thought she came across well in that video, I'll never know. I see Shan Ako and Scott commented under that video as if she were some sort of inspirational person, so that's probably part of the reason why: Yes men, everywhere. They are complicit, too, in not questioning her. These people all probably shrug and go "No one needs to know anything about children before having them - you'll figure it out - just wing it". Um, no. No, no,no, that's so not the attitude to have going into becoming parents

Last edited:
Reactions: 36
You know what will be interesting to see? If Carrie will ever admit to finding motherhood/having a newborn difficult. She's been so fake and dead inside for the past almost two years, I cant imagine anything genuine coming from her when it comes to struggles and actually admitting them. Other than when it benefits her, like the whole imposter syndrome/crippling anxiety thing she mentioned when it came to the tour and then suddenly overcame.
She only seems to mention hardships when it's somebody else's fault rather than her own abilities.

She'll say it's difficult, but purely for an attention seeking/sympathy response. I can't see her being truly vulnerable at all.

Or say everything is perfect to try and keep up this 'I'm a naturally amazing mum cos I got pregnant literally straight away and had an easy pregnancy' thing they've got going on

Reactions: 14
Oh boy, Carrie had a field day with her subscriber stories yesterday so here you go. She posted this very quickly before she actually posted the reel so I don’t think she really cared whether or not anyone had an opinion on it. (I saw the reel before I even saw the story). I know a lot of people have said it’s bizarre for her to have not researched but I honestly think the opposite. What person in their twenties—who wants to be a parent one day—is actively researching pregnancy and motherhood unless it is something imminent?? I would assume most expectant mothers don’t start the research process until they are trying to get pregnant or have found out they are pregnant. Her narrative is bizarre. Also the emphasis of her being thirty?? Can you believe I’m THIRTY and don’t know all the intricacies of motherhood?? What planet is she living on that this is odd 😭

IMG_1913.jpeg

And then of course, I know everyone was suffering from the 32 degree heat yesterday but Carrie EXTRA suffered because did you know she’s pregnant??

IMG_1914.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I didn't know anything about babies before I had mine. I have no siblings, I have a small family. None of my friends have any. You learn!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I've always tried to give Carrie the benefit of the doubt - both because I believed better of her because I'd seen better from her before, and because I don't like to speak badly of people (especially from only seeing their social media content), and sometimes she gets harshly treated.

However.... I cannot get over the video where she smugly bragged about knowing nothing about parenting/children/birth. It's SO out of touch, it's such a damaging attitude to have and the fact that she didn't cringe watching it through before posting, is unbelievable to me. She was so proud of her completely wilful ignorance, it's vomit-inducing. How she thought she came across well in that video, I'll never know. I see Shan Ako and Scott commented under that video as if she were some sort of inspirational person, so that's probably part of the reason why: Yes men, everywhere. They are complicit, too, in not questioning her. These people all probably shrug and go "No one needs to know anything about children before having them - you'll figure it out - just wing it". Um, no. No, no,no, that's so not the attitude to have going into becoming parents
All the reading in the world can never prepare you for the reality. And let's face it, plenty of unprepared people get pregnant unplanned and/or unprepared and manage just fine once the baby is here

I'm sure all us type A mums that "did the research" thought we knew everything going in. And SURPRISE we also knew nothing! because nothing you read in advance can compare to the reality.
---
I didn't know anything about babies before I had mine. I have no siblings, I have a small family. None of my friends have any. You learn!
This is what I was trying to say <3

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She and Oliver were together about 5 years so being engagedor even married in that time would be considered normal timing. She’s just swapped Joel on and because she was ready to marry Oliver just accepted when Joel proposed. She didn’t want to wait a few years with Joel.

• Sick
Reactions: 24
All the reading in the world can never prepare you for the reality. And let's face it, plenty of unprepared people get pregnant unplanned and/or unprepared and manage just fine once the baby is here

I'm sure all us type A mums that "did the research" thought we knew everything going in. And SURPRISE we also knew nothing! because nothing you read in advance can compare to the reality.
Imo, not bothering to look up anything/babysit kids/getting experience with children while actively wanting/trying for kids is really selfish. I've seen too many parents that don't know how to parent or talk to kids before having them, and then transfer their own bad upbringing/generational trauma onto their kids because they didn't do the work. No one should be allowed to have kids on a whim

• Angry
Reactions: 27
Oh boy, Carrie had a field day with her subscriber stories yesterday so here you go. She posted this very quickly before she actually posted the reel so I don’t think she really cared whether or not anyone had an opinion on it. (I saw the reel before I even saw the story). I know a lot of people have said it’s bizarre for her to have not researched but I honestly think the opposite. What person in their twenties—who wants to be a parent one day—is actively researching pregnancy and motherhood unless it is something imminent?? I would assume most expectant mothers don’t start the research process until they are trying to get pregnant or have found out they are pregnant. Her narrative is bizarre. Also the emphasis of her being thirty?? Can you believe I’m THIRTY and don’t know all the intricacies of motherhood?? What planet is she living on that this is odd 😭

View attachment 2438670

And then of course, I know everyone was suffering from the 32 degree heat yesterday but Carrie EXTRA suffered because did you know she’s pregnant??

View attachment 2438675
Why doesn’t she get a hand held fan to use while wearing her costume ? No need to suffer in silence Carrie!

As for her post…🙄 she‘s obviously trying to think of ways to get more content out of her pregnancy so she’s having to pretend she knows F all about what to expect when you’re expecting. All she needs to do is google it or how about asking her sister in law whose had 3 kids? 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 21
I disagree. I could see her pressuring Oliver to quickly do all of those things asap as the world was about to end she was turning 30 soon

Reactions: 13
Imo, not bothering to look up anything/babysit kids/getting experience with children while actively wanting/trying for kids is really selfish. I've seen too many parents that don't know how to parent or talk to kids before having them, and then transfer their own bad upbringing/generational trauma onto their kids because they didn't do the work. No one should be allowed to have kids on a whim
Honestly you don't learn how to "parent" from a bit of babysitting. How would that help?

Also it's obvious she's completely bullshitting when she says she "knows nothing" because she was so "career focussed". Her last BF ran screaming for the hills from the laser focus pressure to have kids with her at 30.

I *guarantee* you she knows the progression to uni for every nursery in a 50 mile radius of their house.

The whole "god, I was such a boss career witch, how will I ever switch to bring a mother" is clearly a lie.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.