Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't agree with you. BMI isn't an accurate way to measure weight for individuals, and GPs are sometimes biased/misinformed. Even though, of course, in general, I always listen to my doctor and people should, when it comes to BMI, telling patients like Carrie to lose weight is ridiculous - she is not obese or unhealthily overweight _at all_, she was completely right to disregard what he said in this case.
I did say that bmi scale isn’t accurate, I’m just saying if someone’s been to all those years of training and is informing someone of there health and what can be improved upon it, I never said she needed to loose weight what I’m saying is why would a GP say that without a genuine reason

Reactions: 5
I did say that bmi scale isn’t accurate, I’m just saying if someone’s been to all those years of training and is informing someone of there health and what can be improved upon it, I never said she needed to loose weight what I’m saying is why would a GP say that without a genuine reason
Doctors constantly ignore the concerns of overweight patients and chalk everything up to weight. I have so many stories about this bullshit but so far they've been non life threatening inconveniences. But I'm absolutely certain if I ever get cancer I will die because getting a doctor to even run a simple blood test that doesn't test for diabetes or high cholesterol is almost impossible. Fat phobia in the medical profession costs lives.

Reactions: 17
Doctors constantly ignore the concerns of overweight patients and chalk everything up to weight. I have so many stories about this bullshit but so far they've been non life threatening inconveniences. But I'm absolutely certain if I ever get cancer I will die because getting a doctor to even run a simple blood test that doesn't test for diabetes or high cholesterol is almost impossible. Fat phobia in the medical profession costs lives.
This, exactly! You put it much better than I could have.

Reactions: 3
Tbh it all comes down to common sense if I smoked 40 cigarettes everyday, didn’t do any exercise, ate what I wanted, drank like a fish, did every drug under the sun and mental health wasn’t good at all and my gp said I should stop that otherwise I will die and I should get help, and I just turned round and said I know what I’m doing it’s my body I’m happy, I’m healthy, and that they were just being plain mean. In my opinion all the gps and doctors Ive had and ones I know and are friends with, I’m pretty certain that they say what they say with good intentions, you may not like what you have to hear but you make the choice to choose what gp/doctor you go to.

Tbh it all comes down to common sense if I smoked 40 cigarettes everyday, didn’t do any exercise, ate what I wanted, drank like a fish, did every drug under the sun and mental health wasn’t good at all and my gp said I should stop that otherwise I will die and I should get help, and I just turned round and said I know what I’m doing it’s my body I’m happy, I’m healthy, and that they were just being plain mean. In my opinion all the gps and doctors Ive had and ones I know and are friends with, I’m pretty certain that they say what they say with good intentions, you may not like what you have to hear but you make the choice to choose what gp/doctor you go to.
This isn't the issue here, though. Carrie isn't smoking 40 cigarettes a day etc. This is an example of the wrongful use of the BMI scale and bias from a doctor. Of course they say it with good intentions, but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong/biased somtimes, and doing more harm than good in these cases. And in this case, Carrie isn't unhealthy overweight and didn't need to lose weight, so it's not like she was calling the doctor a hater and ignoring sound medical advice.

Ever since Carrie put on weight (not shaming AT ALL) she seems to have forgotten that she too was slim once.

I'm all for body positivity but she takes it too far.

Reactions: 16
I don't agree with you. BMI isn't an accurate way to measure weight for individuals, and GPs are sometimes biased/misinformed. Even though, of course, in general, I always listen to my doctor and people should, when it comes to BMI, telling patients like Carrie to lose weight is ridiculous - she is not obese or unhealthily overweight _at all_, she was completely right to disregard what he said in this case.
You seem to agree an awful lot with Carrie in your posts... is this you Debbie? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This isn't the issue here, though. Carrie isn't smoking 40 cigarettes a day etc. This is an example of the wrongful use of the BMI scale and bias from a doctor. Of course they say it with good intentions, but that doesn't mean they aren't wrong/biased somtimes, and doing more harm than good in these cases. And in this case, Carrie isn't unhealthy overweight and didn't need to lose weight, so it's not like she was calling the doctor a hater and ignoring sound medical advice.
Babe I KNOW carries not smoking and I KNOW she’s not overweight I was just making that as an example, I can’t see how you think they’d be wrong why on earth would a doctor give advice they know is wrong to a patient? Also I have said multiple times that the bmi scale isn’t accurate way of depicting someone’s health, like I said it’s all common sense if you choose to destroy your body and suddenly you become ill say it’s not to do with how you’re treating it AFTER a doctors said what you’re doing is wrong and should get help that’s the choice you’ve made, what I’m simply stating is that doctors/gps are trained professionals and none of the ones I’ve met are biased/wrong, if you or Carrie don’t like what you hear because you might think it’s on the ground of biased/wrong etc then I’d suggest getting a different doctor/gp that’s all I’m saying, because I can’t figure out why any professional would give a person wrong advice especially when health/weight is so broad, it’s like when covid started EVERY doctor/professional were telling everyone to stay in doors/wash hands/get the vaccine etc they weren’t being biased/wrong then, so why would it be the same for weight or any other reason?

Reactions: 4
You seem to agree an awful lot with Carrie in your posts... is this you Debbie? 😂
Lol, should have expexted that this tired, old "go-to" would be suggested. Nope, I just agree with her body positivity stuff. I call her out when she deserves it, but I don't want to be nasty about her just to be nasty, so somtimes I call out unnecessarily harsh stuff on here (like when someone a little while ago said they think Oliver is gay - I called that out for what it was, and the majority of people here seemed to agree with my doing that). The forum needs the balance sonetimes. Not everyone on here loves being nasty about her for no reason. I would like her to do many things differently, change her attitude somtimes, stop overreacting and sending hate to fans/blocking for no reason, and the "heteroflexible" stuff she said was what infuriated me enough to join this forum. But I give her kudos for what she does well

Last edited:
Carries attitude towards weight in general doesn't seen healthy and seems snap to judgement without thinking (as she does with most things tbh). But Cinderella the show itself seems like its going to be very judgy towards slim people. The step sisters are blonde and slim, and I just don't have time for people who try to prove a point by shaming and stereotyping others.

Lol, should have expexted that this tired, old "go-to" would be suggested. Nope, I just agree with her body positivity stuff. I call her out when she deserves it, but I don't want to be nasty about her just to be nasty, so somtimes I call out unnecessarily harsh stuff on here (like when someone a little while ago said they think Oliver is gay - I called that out for what it was, and the majority of people here seemed to agree with my doing that). The forum needs the balance sonetimes. Not everyone on here loves being nasty about her for no reason. I would like her to do many things differently, change her attitude somtimes, stop overreacting and sending hate to fans/blocking for no reason, and the "heteroflexible" stuff she said was what infuriated me enough to join this forum. But I give her kudos for what she does well
Completely agree with you!

So many things about Carrie wind me up but that post was so mild. The people getting offended by it really need to examine why fat people not hating themselves makes you feel so threatened.

Reactions: 8
Completely agree with you!

So many things about Carrie wind me up but that post was so mild. The people getting offended by it really need to examine why fat people not hating themselves makes you feel so threatened.
Ok no no. I brought up this post and started this whole thing so I’m going to stop this because this post has a gone a bit far and is doing exactly what I’m trying to point out. I didn’t think her post was that big a deal either, I just thought it was interesting. At no point has anyone said fat people hating themselves or they are threatened by this post. And this is the problem - fat people get offended very quickly all about body positivity but it can’t go both ways? (I get it - the media is very anti fat people generally and it’s tough but like I said it can’t become ‘let’s shame others and call it body positivity’.)

I also think it’s really mild but my original post said I don’t think this type of post needs to be said at all. It invalidates wanting to lose weight for summer if that’s what you CHOOSE to do because it’s okay to want to feel good about yourself in your body for your personal reasons. Weight loss can be a positive thing. I think Carrie is very big on ‘I’m exercising but NOT TO LOSE WEIGHT’ as if that invalidates her body positivity thing she has going on. It’s ok to not want to lose weight and be happy in yourself as you are but also it doesn’t need to be a big thing. Loving your body and losing weight is also body positivity. Body positivity doesn’t ONLY mean being happy with your fatness.

Ok this could go on forever but essentially what I was saying originally was I’m all for body positivity but I’d rather it didn’t shut down the idea of weight loss to make others feel bad. Body positivity should make everyone feel valid and beautiful. Weight loss posts shouldn’t target fat people and vice versa.

(Again I’m the same size as Carrie, currently bigger cause I’m pregnant. So OP I’m not attacking anyone from a different perspective. I’m also not attacking, I just thought it was an interesting point and it’s my opinion on things.)

(Also I’m non binary. Accepting my own body goes a lot beyond ‘I’m fat and I’m ok with that’ but that’s a whole different kettle of fish.)

Reactions: 10
Babe I KNOW carries not smoking and I KNOW she’s not overweight I was just making that as an example, I can’t see how you think they’d be wrong why on earth would a doctor give advice they know is wrong to a patient? Also I have said multiple times that the bmi scale isn’t accurate way of depicting someone’s health, like I said it’s all common sense if you choose to destroy your body and suddenly you become ill say it’s not to do with how you’re treating it AFTER a doctors said what you’re doing is wrong and should get help that’s the choice you’ve made, what I’m simply stating is that doctors/gps are trained professionals and none of the ones I’ve met are biased/wrong, if you or Carrie don’t like what you hear because you might think it’s on the ground of biased/wrong etc then I’d suggest getting a different doctor/gp that’s all I’m saying, because I can’t figure out why any professional would give a person wrong advice especially when health/weight is so broad, it’s like when covid started EVERY doctor/professional were telling everyone to stay in doors/wash hands/get the vaccine etc they weren’t being biased/wrong then, so why would it be the same for weight or any other reason?
Pretty much every doctor is biased, some are aware of that bias and try to actively work against it and others just seem to be completely ignorant of it. Doctors do incredible work, but at the end of the day, they're still people who live in the same biased world that we live in, so it's only natural that they carry their biases into their work. Just like any other profession. It's also not just bias against fat people. Underweight people also often struggle to get a doctor to take them seriously, as well as people of different cultures and ethnicities, or women. We don't live in an unbiased world so it's really naive to think that doctors are somehow above this. Also, not everyone has the time or the resources to visit doctor after doctor until they find someone who might actually take them seriously. None of us were at Carrie's appointment, maybe it didn't happen the way she told it, but it's weird to dismiss it because you think doctors always know best and can never be wrong or biased.

Reactions: 6
Ok no no. I brought up this post and started this whole thing so I’m going to stop this because this post has a gone a bit far and is doing exactly what I’m trying to point out. I didn’t think her post was that big a deal either, I just thought it was interesting. At no point has anyone said fat people hating themselves or they are threatened by this post. And this is the problem - fat people get offended very quickly all about body positivity but it can’t go both ways? (I get it - the media is very anti fat people generally and it’s tough but like I said it can’t become ‘let’s shame others and call it body positivity’.)

I also think it’s really mild but my original post said I don’t think this type of post needs to be said at all. It invalidates wanting to lose weight for summer if that’s what you CHOOSE to do because it’s okay to want to feel good about yourself in your body for your personal reasons. Weight loss can be a positive thing. I think Carrie is very big on ‘I’m exercising but NOT TO LOSE WEIGHT’ as if that invalidates her body positivity thing she has going on. It’s ok to not want to lose weight and be happy in yourself as you are but also it doesn’t need to be a big thing. Loving your body and losing weight is also body positivity. Body positivity doesn’t ONLY mean being happy with your fatness.

Ok this could go on forever but essentially what I was saying originally was I’m all for body positivity but I’d rather it didn’t shut down the idea of weight loss to make others feel bad. Body positivity should make everyone feel valid and beautiful. Weight loss posts shouldn’t target fat people and vice versa.

(Again I’m the same size as Carrie, currently bigger cause I’m pregnant. So OP I’m not attacking anyone from a different perspective. I’m also not attacking, I just thought it was an interesting point and it’s my opinion on things.)

(Also I’m non binary. Accepting my own body goes a lot beyond ‘I’m fat and I’m ok with that’ but that’s a whole different kettle of fish.)
I didn't read the post as "people shouldn't lose weight if that's what they want to do", I took it as "a body that is summer ready can also just mean getting ready to do the fun things you want to do during summer". It's not skinny shaming/invalidating people who want to lose weight for the summer to try to give some content about the anticipation of summer that is not only about how society claims you have to look before putting on beach ware.

I don't think your original post suggested you were threatened by what she was saying and I got and agreed with your point. However replies since then have called Carrie anti slim people and anti weight loss which I don't think was in her post at all and is such a stretch.

Larger people can't talk positively or even neutrally about their bodies without slim people accusing them of being 'anti slim' or talking about bullying they got for being skinny which has happened in this thread. I know you said fat people are often offended but it feels like slim people are the most offended by body positive comments and took that post as shaming when I honestly didn't see that there are was any. People liking themselves doesn't mean that slim people can't like themselves too!

Pretty much every doctor is biased, some are aware of that bias and try to actively work against it and others just seem to be completely ignorant of it. Doctors do incredible work, but at the end of the day, they're still people who live in the same biased world that we live in, so it's only natural that they carry their biases into their work. Just like any other profession. It's also not just bias against fat people. Underweight people also often struggle to get a doctor to take them seriously, as well as people of different cultures and ethnicities, or women. We don't live in an unbiased world so it's really naive to think that doctors are somehow above this. Also, not everyone has the time or the resources to visit doctor after doctor until they find someone who might actually take them seriously. None of us were at Carrie's appointment, maybe it didn't happen the way she told it, but it's weird to dismiss it because you think doctors always know best and can never be wrong or biased.
I really disagree and I wouldn’t say it’s naive it’s just logic, it’s the same if your leg was broken you go to the hospital and you get it sorted out, I just can’t see how a doctor/gp would be biased for no apparent reason maybe you just don’t like what you hear

Reactions: 1
I really disagree and I wouldn’t say it’s naive it’s just logic, it’s the same if your leg was broken you go to the hospital and you get it sorted out, I just can’t see how a doctor/gp would be biased for no apparent reason maybe you just don’t like what you hear
Please Google medical bias, it's a very real problem and it's absolutely logical that it would be a problem.

Before I go too far off the topic of Carrie I will say that I don't think that post necessarily was skinny shaming, but can see how it might be taken as such. I do think Carrie does sometimes at the very least give off a skinny shaming vibe. It kind of seems to go with her not like other girls stick. To love your body you don't have to put down someone else and I think that point sometimes gets missed in the pody posi space.

I don’t think Carrie has ‘had weight gain’ since she was a younger adult. At 20, she seemed an average size for someone her age. Now she’s late 20s, she seems an average size for someone her age. Perfectly normal. Bodies change as we get older. She didn’t gain ‘extra weight’, her body just changed as her age did, that’s what happens.

Reactions: 10
Constant bulk orders of donuts and guylien won't be helping much

I'm glad Carrie feels confident in her body but yeah, the way she talks about this really comes across as more of her "I'm not like other girls!"

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.