Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the promotional photo for Cinderella where she's (presumably?) trying to break the broom stick, her hair is straight up brown. Looks brown to me in all her latest videos as well.

Almost all of her instagram selfies are posted in direct sunlight which makes it look lighter, but when she's indoors it looks pretty light to medium brown in my opinion.
Oh yeah! Just had a look, her hair is definitely getting darker.

Reactions: 1
Sometimes they do it’s often they may tour first or closer to what you mean they may run in Chichester for example first, Regents Park Open Air shows also sometimes transfer into the Barbican. My favourite show of all time Grinning Man was created and produced in Bristol and ran at the Bristol Old Vic first before transferring in, but that’s more when shows have to “fight” to get in - Grinning Man was produced/created by Tom Morris of War Horse fame but there’s a big difference between him and ALW. ALW shows, or shows that have already been on Broadway like waitress are far more often to go straight in - unless it’s phantom where ALW just casually got Sarah Brightman and Colm Wilkinson to sing the first draft in the theatre in his back garden 😂
Off topic but I loooove the grinning man as well!! Such a good show.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Lucy Stewart Adams (altho still at drama school) and imogen Bailey (only has a few videos up bt has a really interesting one about the audition process and being cast in hairspray in the west end)
My friend saw Lucy's third year show. They said it was excellent but it's Urdang and according to them, the school hasn't had a bad 3rd year musical in years.

Reactions: 2
Awww poor Carrie, she might not be able to tell everyone how she was bullied sooo much for having blonde hair and brown eyes or how representation sucked in the books she read because there was never anyone who looked like her

(this is the reason she gave in a video for giving Evie, the main woman in her first fiction book, blonde hair and brown eyes I’m 90% she specified so it couldn’t even be taken as maybe she was talking about being curvier than ‘average’)

Reactions: 6
Amy Trigg is doing a one woman performance I believe! She stole the show with RSC imo. Very funny.

Georgie has just been cast in Anything Goes....when you compare her to Carrie...no ego, she reads the room and she is sensitive.

That's exciting for her! I can't wait to see this I'm a huge Sutton Foster fan!

Other theatre tubers I've come across. .. Amy Lovatt ( lots of glee and mainly opinion vids) Mickley Jo Theatre (reviews, reactions and vlogs), Emily Clare (Actor, MT covers and vlogs) and Dan Talks Theatre ( theatre stan)... Happy I've got more theatre people to follow thanks everyone 😀

Yeah she does look more brunette these days 👀

• Heart
She’s one to talk, she bullies her young fans online, even when they haven’t tagged her or even talked about her. What a nasty person. A bully preaching kindness.

Reactions: 10
Wow, what a hypocrite she is!!
*SIGH*

It's the audacity isn't it??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She shouldn't be on social media, full stop. It's cringe.

aren't her agents stepping in? Surely there's a clause about use of social media, or maybe they're too scared but she gets cast in everything therefore = money for them. just a theory but not sure how it works

I'm in the middle of a Carrie rewatch way back in the Les Mis days and I just got to her announcing her new flat. She was just 22. I know she'd been living at home for a few years which obviously helped her save money but she'd only had one proper theater job at this point. Did she just assume she'd always have steady work or was she making enough from Youtube/ her book that she could pay the mortgage whether she had a theater job at the moment or not? It feels like a very risky financial decision to make at that age with inconsistent money coming in each month from disparate sources. Years ago when I first watched that video as a teenager I just thought "lovely for her" and didn't think about the financial aspect. I'm 22 now myself and I cannot fathom having a downpayment lying around to buy a 1bedroom in the major international city I live in. And I'm in software so I'm doing okay for myself. Don't banks want years and years of income records before they'll give you a mortgage? She'd only been working in theater as an adult for two years. I feel like she had to have put down a larger than normal downpayment so her repayments were low enough she could cover them with Youtube and book money.

Reactions: 7
I'm in the middle of a Carrie rewatch way back in the Les Mis days and I just got to her announcing her new flat. She was just 22. I know she'd been living at home for a few years which obviously helped her save money but she'd only had one proper theater job at this point. Did she just assume she'd always have steady work or was she making enough from Youtube/ her book that she could pay the mortgage whether she had a theater job at the moment or not? It feels like a very risky financial decision to make at that age with inconsistent money coming in each month from disparate sources. Years ago when I first watched that video as a teenager I just thought "lovely for her" and didn't think about the financial aspect. I'm 22nnow myself and I cannot fathom having a downpayment lying around to buy a 1bedroom in the major international city I live in. And I'm in software so I'm doing okay for myself. Don't banks want years and years of income records before they'll give you a mortgage? She'd only been working in theater as an adult for two years. I feel like she had to have put down a larger than normal downpayment so her repayments were low enough she could cover them with Youtube and book money.
When you're self employed, like actors are, you typically need to show 3 years worth of income/accounts. I imagine she was bought the flat by her parents and maybe she paid them off gradually.. if at all

Reactions: 5
I'm in the middle of a Carrie rewatch way back in the Les Mis days and I just got to her announcing her new flat. She was just 22. I know she'd been living at home for a few years which obviously helped her save money but she'd only had one proper theater job at this point. Did she just assume she'd always have steady work or was she making enough from Youtube/ her book that she could pay the mortgage whether she had a theater job at the moment or not? It feels like a very risky financial decision to make at that age with inconsistent money coming in each month from disparate sources. Years ago when I first watched that video as a teenager I just thought "lovely for her" and didn't think about the financial aspect. I'm 22 now myself and I cannot fathom having a downpayment lying around to buy a 1bedroom in the major international city I live in. And I'm in software so I'm doing okay for myself. Don't banks want years and years of income records before they'll give you a mortgage? She'd only been working in theater as an adult for two years. I feel like she had to have put down a larger than normal downpayment so her repayments were low enough she could cover them with Youtube and book money.
I’m 26, lived in at work during a pandemic for a year, am working 80 hours a week, and STILL don’t have the money to buy even a small flat no way near London. Been saving like mad for years and not even close. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m 26, lived in at work during a pandemic for a year, am working 80 hours a week, and STILL don’t have the money to buy even a small flat no way near London. Been saving like mad for years and not even close. 😭
Exactly! No one in their 20s has spare money to buy a London Flat. It's not a matter of working hard or not. You work extremely hard and are nowhere near being a flat owner. Of course Carrie developed an overinflated sense of herself over the years: she's never had to deal with a crap landlord or a rotating assortment of flatmates. She never was a waitress while doing ensemble rolls for various shows. She waltzed right up the stairs into minor fame and some success and buying a flat at 22 and then a house at 27 like it's nothing.

Reactions: 11
Exactly! No one in their 20s has spare money to buy a London Flat. It's not a matter of working hard or not. You work extremely hard and are nowhere near being a flat owner. Of course Carrie developed an overinflated sense of herself over the years: she's never had to deal with a crap landlord or a rotating assortment of flatmates. She never was a waitress while doing ensemble rolls for various shows. She waltzed right up the stairs into minor fame and some success and buying a flat at 22 and then a house at 27 like it's nothing.
And then she uses her characters in books to tell her how amazing she is for doing that (when the curtains fall)

I just don’t think she understands what it’s like being a person with a regular job. Her friends are influencers who can advertise a few products and then put a deposit on a house. Her brother did well financially from being in a successful band. She doesn’t seem to understand that isn’t the way for ‘regular’ people. We save for years and years and years, working ourselves to absolute exhaustion to buy somewhere small. I feel like she doesn’t appreciate how easy she has had it. Anybody my age (26) who has bought property has either been given the money from family, has borrowed the money from family, or has saved with a partner (which still takes YEARS but is much easier). Everyone else my age either rents or still lives with their parents. And they all work much harder than most. Nothing wrong with being privileged but just acknowledge and appreciate it, ya know? But Carrie deserves it because she works hard, unlike the rest of us, right? 😂

Reactions: 15
I just don’t think she understands what it’s like being a person with a regular job. Her friends are influencers who can advertise a few products and then put a deposit on a house. Her brother did well financially from being in a successful band. She doesn’t seem to understand that isn’t the way for ‘regular’ people. We save for years and years and years, working ourselves to absolute exhaustion to buy somewhere small. I feel like she doesn’t appreciate how easy she has had it. Anybody my age (26) who has bought property has either been given the money from family, has borrowed the money from family, or has saved with a partner (which still takes YEARS but is much easier). Everyone else my age either rents or still lives with their parents. And they all work much harder than most. Nothing wrong with being privileged but just acknowledge and appreciate it, ya know? But Carrie deserves it because she works hard, unlike the rest of us, right? 😂
It really sometimes feels like a slap in the face when she says she’s worked hard throughout her life, like bab you’ve never had to do a job you’ve never wanted to do! You’ve been casted as leading lady/main role in pretty much every show without even going to drama school don’t say you’ve ‘worked hard’ cus yeah it might have been difficult but it could’ve been 10 times harder for you just admit you’re more privileged than most.

Reactions: 10
I’m in my 30s, have been saving for years and still don’t have my own place! Fortunately, I recently started a new job that may actually give enough income to buy a place, pay for amenities and actually live.
tbh I always assumed her mum and dad, and possibly Tom pitched in for her flat.

Either her parents helped her or her brother helped her but either way, she absolutely doesn’t appreciate that it’s not through any hard work of her own that she owns property so young

Reactions: 4
I think it’s possible she may have saved the deposit herself. She lived at home until 22 meaning she could save. She had YouTube, her books, and her acting. She definitely was in a unique position to be able to save well. She was earning more than most her age. When I was 22, I was working for £5.40 an hour (I think that’s what minimum wage was at the time for under-25 year old if I remember correctly?). But that’s her privilege. Being in a position to have three separate streams of income and supportive parents who let you stay with them and not having to work her an 8-5 job everyday that requires laborious, boring, draining physical work. I moved out to rent when I was only earning £600 a month. Rent and bills were £500, food was £100. Didn’t have the option to stay at home. Couldn’t save for many years. Now I am saving, I’m working ridiculous hours and am slowly saving penny by penny. This is how normal people do it. But she brags about how ‘I work hard at three jobs, that’s how I am able to go to Disney.’ Most people work much harder than her and don’t own property or go to Disney every few months because, even if we work more hours in harder jobs than her, we can’t afford it. Not to mention that most people don’t have parents who are willing to work two jobs to support their children’s dreams of becoming musicians or actors. That is extremely rare. She is genuinely on another planet when it comes to knowing the reality of life for most people.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.