Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to love Tom & Gi, I feel so disappointed right now. I know I said it in my last post, but all respect is absolutely gone. They should pay back every single penny.

I doubt Giovanna will see the tit she’s getting on Twitter and insta as she’s doing a hike or something for CoppaFeel. Hopefully Tom has some time to sit and read what people are saying. Absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 13
Oof. Gi is getting torn to shreds in her latest IG post comments, especially given that she’s apparently been pushing for coppafeel donations all week.

I unfollowed her and Tom ages ago because I was sick of literally every single post/story being an ad for something. It’ll be interesting to see how this unfolds

Reactions: 19
Used to love the three of them but they've just become victims of their own hype and very greedy, egotistical people.

Reactions: 8
Just caught up and I’m absolutely fuming.
Myself and a ton of other people in the industry have had to work god awful jobs (as well as so many people on the front line not even getting a decent wage) to keep ourselves afloat through covid, but not only has Carrie managed without working for a year in her lovely house, but her family are claiming money from tax payers now too?! I never want to hear her complain about the government or covid again. I’m absolutely disgusted.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I saw an older video where Boris Johnson came up and Carrie said ‘As much as I love Boris Johnson’. Yes this was before he was PM but no one who votes Labour would ever say anything positive about a Tory

They might claim to be liberals but they’re a rich family and always have been so they should just be open about it. Massive Tories the lot of them

Definitely, makes me laugh whenever she talks about her dad who worked at a Kodak factory and her mum who was a learning support teacher, and makes out she came from nothing and was so working class and had success and anyone else can too!

Yeah bab you’ve got a famous brother who’s loaded and didn’t she say she got her agent via meeting with agents her brother knew?

I remember one of the good morning videos she said something along the lines of ‘people give up too easily’

I do find that such a slap in the face when lots of people have worked extremely hard in the acting/theatre world to get headshots, acting lessons, drama school fees all of it can cost way to much sometimes it’s little to no support and you have to fund it yourself and if someone can’t do it and still wants to own there own place, get a car, start a family etc sometimes you have to make a choice, and for her to say ‘oh people give up easily’ you’ve had main role in pretty much every show you’ve been in.

If I had a pound every time she included a picture of Edgar, I’d be an extremely rich woman!

Sorry, I know this isn’t about Carrie but I doubt Tom and Gi will address it. They don’t seem like the type. I think they will stay quiet on social media, talking only about work-related things and, at the moment, CoppaFeel, and will hope that we all forget. Doesn’t matter who they vote for, if they can do something like this, they are Tories. Pure Tory energy. No genuine privileged left-wingers would do that. Pure greed, at the expense of the working class.

Reactions: 18
Going to be interesting to see how Carrie handles Boris announcement next week, seems pretty definite restrictions will continue. To be honest I'm not sure the restrictions will end this year at all. The delta variant does seem to be getting through the vaccine in some people.

Reactions: 11
I live in Cornwall and the place they stayed must have been so expensive! Beach front fancy hotel, they must have been paying over £100 a night, if not more close to £200+ during half term!
I think that hotel is even more expensive than that, I know when we looked at it as a honeymoon option it was £££

Reactions: 2
Referring back to ‘people give up too easily’- I know lots of extremely talented graduates of MT in the last couple of years who just can’t get agents, due to the pandemic the market is backlogged as agents can’t get work for their current clients. It’s not about ‘giving up’ it’s about a roof over their heads meaning they can’t currently pursue their passion. It’s nothing to do with being weak if anything it’s to do with not losing everything.
I do try to be kind about her because it’s not her fault she hasn’t got a clue but....she hasn’t got a clue.

Reactions: 12
Hang on
When did she say people ‘give up too easily’
What the actual?
How DARE she?

I’m sorry but what have Tom and Gi done?? I just want to have an understanding as can’t find anything on social regarding it??

Reactions: 1
I’m sorry but what have Tom and Gi done?? I just want to have an understanding as can’t find anything on social regarding it??
Scroll back a page or do and find the link to the article it explains everything

Reactions: 3
Claimed £30,000 under the government furlough scheme, which if you’re not from the UK is a scheme the government has been running since the start of the pandemic last year which subsidies your wages. You get a slightly lower amount than what your average income is. Apparently they claimed this right after Gi won Im a celebrity when celebrities are normally paid a lot to appear on that show and it is actually estimated that together they are worth around £8 million. The idea of the scheme was to help out employers whilst also making sure people who couldn’t work got paid, but with her books and podcast it seems unlikely she was not being paid at all!

• Sick
Reactions: 16
Long time lurker here. I used to love Carrie but not anymore. Whilst she isn’t responsible for the actions of her family her total disregard for her privilege throughout the pandemic has been shocking. She’s been sat at home living comfortably for the past 18 months yet she’s acting like people like herself and ALW are the biggest victims in all this?! A total slap in the face to those of us who have worked for minimum wage as essential workers throughout the pandemic, putting ourselves and our families at risk, as well as those who have lost their lives. As for Gi and Toms actions- totally unforgivable. I’m not usually one for ‘cancel culture’ but in this context, it’s well deserved.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think that hotel is even more expensive than that, I know when we looked at it as a honeymoon option it was £££
Saw someone on their thread said over £800 a night in winter 😨 can’t imagine the cost in half term!

Reactions: 3
Also there's a difference between giving up because it's too hard but you have the means to go on and giving up as you need a steady paycheck coming in. I'd love to act professionally but my parents are poor and I can't afford to live in London unless I get a 40hr week salary job. No Carrie, I didn't give up, I realised I was living in a dream world where what i wanted to do just wasn't realistic. Also I'm not super hot or the best character actor, I look average and perform well enough, I wouldn't get enough work to support myself at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Also there's a difference between giving up because it's too hard but you have the means to go on and giving up as you need a steady paycheck coming in. I'd love to act professionally but my parents are poor and I can't afford to live in London unless I get a 40hr week salary job. No Carrie, I didn't give up, I realised I was living in a dream world where what i wanted to do just wasn't realistic. Also I'm not super hot or the best character actor, I look average and perform well enough, I wouldn't get enough work to support myself at all.
I’m literally in the same position. It was my dream as child and teenager to act professionally but being from a working class background in the midlands who’s parents could not afford to send them to singing or acting classes did not lend me the same privileges as someone who lived near London, had parents who pushed them in the direction of performance from the age of 2, went to private school and had a brother who was absolutely loaded with connections into the industry. It’s not about trying hard. Some of us have to be realists.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Let's see how she feels about giving up if/when cinderella flops, she ages and she finds herself low down on the casting hierarchy.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.