Carrie Hope Fletcher #7 Carrie Fletcher, there is no hope left.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if ALW will push the opening back or reduce capacity? Either way it's probably going to be a shitshow for the poor FOH staff

Reactions: 6
Here comes ALW kicking off again about "WE WILL OPEN ON SCHEDULE AND WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS AND I AM PREPARED TO BE ARRESTED FOR IT." Will Carrie chain herself to the bike racks outside the theatre in protest?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
ALW is the biggest idiot. So money-grabbing and selfish. I’d love for him to get arrested, at least we wouldn’t have to see his face on the news constantly whining about his pretentious show being in jeopardy.

Reactions: 19
I’m sorry but ALW response has made me so angry. As a nurse I have seen so much death this past year I still cry most nights. Yet because the theatre can’t reopen on your schedule you are going to sue the government and get arrested. For gods sake how selfish can you get!! I get it’s frustrating but for the sake of everyone if your show gets pushed back a few weeks, or even months, then you suck it up! Doesn’t he realise it isn’t about him. He and Carrie are made for each other.
also has anyone else noticed how ‘far too late’ is essentially the same music he wrote for Eurovision with ‘my time’. This show will do just as badly as that did as well I’m sure!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There's rumours about lockdown lifting being pushed back by two - four weeks (and I feel like every single time something covid related has been rumoured within the government, its happened) so, wonder what her response would be to having to push the show back again.
Agreed, I’m convinced these rumours are pre-leaked by the government so that we get used to the possibility before it becomes reality.
ALW is the biggest idiot. So money-grabbing and selfish. I’d love for him to get arrested, at least we wouldn’t have to see his face on the news constantly whining about his pretentious show being in jeopardy.
I hope ALW will not expect any of his cast and creative staff to protest, they shouldn’t have to risk their reputation for him. If he wants to get arrested, fine, but hopefully he’ll make that stand on his own.

Reactions: 5
God I can’t wait to see this happen. What a twit.
I genuinely wonder what he expects his cast to do! Do they break the law and face arrest or do they follow their lord and saviour ALW? I can’t imagine many of the cast would perform if the lockdown lifting date gets pushed back, it could completely ruin their future careers.

Reactions: 8
Think Andrew has the same round holed filing cabinets as Carrie marked ‘never happened’ ‘never going to happen’

I genuinely wonder what he expects his cast to do! Do they break the law and face arrest or do they follow their lord and saviour ALW? I can’t imagine many of the cast would perform if the lockdown lifting date gets pushed back, it could completely ruin their future careers.
No one would risk. Only has to have one Covid case linked to his theatre and PR WISE it’s game over

• Haha
Reactions: 5
ALW is awful. He claims there's "scientific research" to prove theatres don't spread covid, but sitting in an enclosed space over a long period of time is exactly what does lead to the spreading of the virus. And he whines about how much money his theatres are losing - dude, think of all the people who have had no income for a year, and you have so much money you can help prop up your theatres. Selfish, small-minded man!

Reactions: 12
Thing is if he does do it, and even one case is linked to it the story will be huge and he will taint the entire theatre industry as being unsafe. They should have the money to open socially distanced, even if only for a few weeks. Something isn't right with this 'billionaire ', mind you he is an awful producer, when he producers his own shows they tend to flop/or not be long runners.

Also Carrie will be tainted by him opening theatres too. She will be is partner in crime in terms of optics

If I was Carrie or anyone else in the cast/crew I would not want to be associated with ALW or his show right now. He’s being completely and utterly selfish and stubborn and it reflects so badly on everyone in his show. If he does what he says and goes on regardless, Cinderella will only be known for this and it’s such negative press for the show and everyone involved.

It’s awful for everyone else who works so hard and needs to make a living but the show needs to do badly in order for ALW to not feel vindicated for what he did. He needs to learn a lesson.

Will be interesting to see what side Carrie’s on. She can’t surely support this attitude? Covid has been part of our lives for over a year now, everyone has sacrificed things, changed plans etc because of the laws. You can’t just decide it doesn’t apply to you at this point. It’s almost over we just need this last bit for everyone to keep going. People like ALW deciding it doesn’t matter anymore will be the reason the dates keep being pushed back or we end up back in lockdown when cases spike.

ALW needs to calm the heck down! He's a multimillionaire with private health insurance not someone on the front line working paycheck to paycheck! I sometimes wonder has he weighed in on the 'I'll save theatre' because it gives his own productions the boost that they need? How else would he end up on the front of newspapers? CHF needs to have a quiet word in 'A' dog's ear (her name for him!!!) and tell him to wise up. If he were anyone else's boss she would be up in arms for putting his employees at risk and contradicting government guidelines. Not this time though, not a peep!

Nah Carrie will keep her mouth zipped about this, she won’t show the side she’s truly on. She’ll do anything to be ALWs star

Reactions: 19
He’s trending on Twitter, seems 50-50 regarding support. Thing is, Boris isn’t going to change his mind just for theatre or one guy’s opinion, he’ll be doing what he is advised by government. Will be interesting if ALW does defy the rules or if he’ll cry off (if the June 21st date gets delayed). He comes across like a spoilt brat.

Reactions: 3
Thing is theatres are open, but socially distanced like the vast majority of businesses across the UK. Theatre isn't unique in that regard. It was his choice to open at full capacity so close to the deadline when by now we all know how things could change and it was clearly stated 21 June would be the 'earliest' things would open. Even money hungry Cameron mackintosh isn't opening until later in summer.

Reactions: 11
I’ve bought a couple of theatre tickets while I was under the impression that it would be socially distanced. I’m not comfortable sitting in a full theatre.

Reactions: 17
I’ve bought a couple of theatre tickets while I was under the impression that it would be socially distanced. I’m not comfortable sitting in a full theatre.
I have booked two - Hairspray on July 9th, socially distanced, and Carousel in August - which is outside AND socially distanced! It will be a very gradual thing back to full capacity I'd imagine, or I'd hope so. Don't know why ALW can't just do that and still open.

Reactions: 11
ALW is insane. And to think he probably believes he's bravely putting himself out there, fighting for theaters everywhere....it's all about HIS show and HIS money; he couldnt care less about theaters and companies losing money and audiences.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.