Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shakeygal

Ariana always stood out to me when she was in the ensemble in Hamilton and I thought she was incredible in West Side Story

There are so many performers out there who are professional, talented, inspirational and hard-working. They are the ones who deserve to be a role model, not Carrie
If you ever get the chance, go and see Ariana Live. She deserved every ovation, cheer and more. She sang ”Somewhere” and had the entire audience in tears, it was absolutely beautiful. As you said, certain performers deserve to be a role model, and Ariana is one of them.

Reactions: 2

Mark81

VIP Member
The venn diagram between fans of Carrie and people who would go to this play for Al/Mel etc must have very little crossover, if at all, it feels like a weird choice for her. It was the same with the Brecht play, really weird career moves that don’t really solidify her as a dramatic actor.
Gotta take what you can. Like the Richmond play, I don't think for one second this would be first choice

Livvy22!

Chatty Member
True 🤪 - but surely pretty harsh to say it's better for your husband not to give a speech at his own wedding? And we know JoMo would love the attention.
---

Btw I wouldn't be surprised if he was higher up the food chain than someone working on the factory floor, like a supervisor/office worker/middle management. Didn't they go to Disney fairly regularly when she was young, and with her Mum working as a special needs teacher/helper [can't remember] she wouldn't have been bringing home much... And this was all before the McFly money. Do you think they made a lot from Tom and Carrie acting as children? I'd hope that this money would've gone into bank accounts for them to access when they were older, but maybe not? Is that more of a recent development/requirement among child stars?
Found a couple articles that say he was a shift worker at the Harrow factory. Could be a manager or supervisor…
I didn’t know the dad was in a band.

TheChicagoPiano

Haha someone asks if she’s seen a random film ( I’ve never heard of it ) and her voice so happens to be in it
Hmm I think she wrote that question herself 🤣
And she feels she has to keep justifying her relationship by also making up a question to answer about it
it was a film make by one of her (ex?) friends so there’s a connection with her, it’s a fair question to ask if she’d seen her friend’s film

Sanctified

VIP Member
3 days isn't that long, I'm thinking some all-inclusive place in Spain or Greece

With all this holiday and it only being March, will they even make it to WDW this year?! 🫣😲
I did initially think Greece but thought that's more of a place you'd want to spend a decent chunk of time in? If I had to spend time in a resort for 2-3 days, I'd just go to Spain and save places like Greece for a 'proper' holiday.

Carrie said Joel had 'a few days' left of holiday or something. So I wonder if after this holiday, that's his holiday done? I would have said definitely if they can get freebies from Gi's contacts - but maybe Carrie will leave Joel behind 🤷‍♀️

scottishgirl13

VIP Member
She had a few rings. One for Mary Poppins her parents gave her, one for Les Mis, one for War of the Worlds, her engagement ring, a ring saying 'this too shall pass' that she got after the breakup, a signet ring with her initials on it as it reminds her of her dad cos he had a signet ring. A moonstone ring that the jeweller who she got the Les Mis ring from chose for her when she was going out of business and wanted her to have a ring as a thank you.

That and the charm bracelet, I think that was it? Might be missing one or two but they obviously weren't that interesting lol
thank you.
I know she has a thing for buying a ring for each role. Nevernoticed the signet ring befor e

pineapplesandcheese

(Thirdly and unrelated to Carrie, but who knew that John Owen Jones was such a triple threat? He is BRILLIANT as "Paul". He pretty much IS Paul Hollywood, down to a tee. I mean I've seen JOJ do serious stuff like Phantom and Les Mis countless times, but never seen him take on a comedy acting with dancing role like this. Alfie Boe can do one, not even close to JOJ now I've seen him do this! Also who knew that 65 year old Haydn Gwynne could do a cartwheel!)
OT, but what's with this JOJ/Alfie Boe rivalry that people have invented? I'm in a Les mis facebook group and no one seems to ever be able to praise JOJ without saying he's so much better than Alfie!

• Haha

wordzalad

VIP Member
True 🤪 - but surely pretty harsh to say it's better for your husband not to give a speech at his own wedding? And we know JoMo would love the attention.
---

Btw I wouldn't be surprised if he was higher up the food chain than someone working on the factory floor, like a supervisor/office worker/middle management. Didn't they go to Disney fairly regularly when she was young, and with her Mum working as a special needs teacher/helper [can't remember] she wouldn't have been bringing home much... And this was all before the McFly money. Do you think they made a lot from Tom and Carrie acting as children? I'd hope that this money would've gone into bank accounts for them to access when they were older, but maybe not? Is that more of a recent development/requirement among child stars?
I would guess he was probably a department manager or something.

polkamoon

Chatty Member
Is Hamilton staying on west end when it goes on tour or will it just be the tour? Be interesting if they hadn’t kept him on for either role

CharDee MacDennis

Her latest self entitled tweets about audience singing are typical arrogance.
How abouttttt you wouldn’t even be up there on a stage of any significance if you didn’t suck up every ounce of fame from your brother’s success you stuck up prick!
Goes on more holidays than Colleen Rooney! (Well, not quite that many).

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
View attachment 2075049
For a bit more perspective, she was nearly in the bottom 500 runners out of over 17,000, and in the bottom 50 for women in her age group. I'm not great at maths but my my calculation she's in the last 3% of everyone who ran yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I probably couldn't even finish, but I haven't done half marathons and a marathon before, and I'm not asking people do donate while putting in the bare minimum effort??
Anyone know how much she raised?

Reactions: 1

Too Much

VIP Member
Carrie Hope Fletcher #64 thinks she’s quirky, house is dirty, only woman to ever turn 30
I like the beginning and end bits, but is her house dirty? I haven't seen evidence of this but have maybe missed something? I know we say she has a lot of crap - agreed - but when I've seen glimpses of e.g. her kitchen/bathroom it looks normal.

Reactions: 1