Carrie Hope Fletcher #63 Andrew Lloyd Webber's costly mistake

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. Oli probably felt pressured by Carrie into marriage. Maybe if she wasn't hellbent on marrying before 30 and was a lot more chill, he would have considered it in the future.
I don't wanna defend Carrie, but I think 4-5 years is a huge amount of time to be with someone without committing to marrying them. There are two options here:
- you don't wanna marry them at all
OR
- you don't believe in marriage

We're talking about two proper adults here, not someone that is dating in their late teens, early 20s and is way too young.

**This is not because you have to be married by 30, I am over 30 and not married. But I will be honest, I'd have questioned my relationship if we hadn't moved forward with the years.

Ollie looks to me like the type of guy that is 5 years with his ex and nothing and then he starts dating someone else and gets engaged and married in half the time.
I get that there's nothing wrong with that if it happens, he's much more compatible and in love with Alessia than he ever was with Carrie.
But it's gonna hurt and I for one (if I were the ex still thinking about him) I'd not only suffer but also be annoyed.

I'm curious how his relationship will evolve anyway. The whole dynamic and Carrie's posts will be better than telenovelas (used to watch them as a teen and found the drama of it hilarious).🍿🍿🍿

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don't wanna defend Carrie, but I think 4-5 years is a huge amount of time to be with someone without committing to marrying them. There are two options here:
OR

We're talking about two proper adults here, not someone that is dating in their late teens, early 20s and is way too young.

**This is not because you have to be married by 30, I am over 30 and not married. But I will be honest, I'd have questioned my relationship if we hadn't moved forward with the years.

Ollie looks to me like the type of guy that is 5 years with his ex and nothing and then he starts dating someone else and gets engaged and married in half the time.
I get that there's nothing wrong with that if it happens, he's much more compatible and in love with Alessia than he ever was with Carrie.
But it's gonna hurt and I for one (if I were the ex still thinking about him) I'd not only suffer but also be annoyed.

I'm curious how his relationship will evolve anyway. The whole dynamic and Carrie's posts will be better than telenovelas (used to watch them as a teen and found the drama of it hilarious).🍿🍿🍿
To be fair to Oliver I think he’s explicitly said before that he doesn’t want to get married/he doesn’t believe in marriage. If Carrie went into the more serious part of their relationship knowing that and still expected the whole nine yards with proposing etc then that’s not really on him.

Reactions: 37
Bear in mind 2 yeas of Carrie and Oliver’s relationship was during covid.

he was the Disney prince lookalike she wanted. She dressed and acted more mature in their relationship. Like she aged 10 years when they became serious.
to be together even 1-2 years I’d expect both to be thinking next stage and if marriage is on the cards.

Joel wouldn’t say no to anything. He’s just happy he’s with Carrie.

I wish I screenshotted a story she posted last week. She looked really nice and her hair was so much better. Nothing wrong with colour and hide the greys. But that Orange does no favours carrie.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
To be fair to Oliver I think he’s explicitly said before that he doesn’t want to get married/he doesn’t believe in marriage. If Carrie went into the more serious part of their relationship knowing that and still expected the whole nine yards with proposing etc then that’s not really on him.
Yeah I remember that as well and I think she was stupid enough to think she would change her mind. I know some women waste their time like that. 😮

But I also think he simply didn't believe in marrying her. I can totally seem him marrying Alessia one day, we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: 13
If he ever proposes to Aleesia we can expect the mother of all meltdowns

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
If he ever proposes to Aleesia we can expect the mother of all meltdowns
If that happens, she's gonna do IVF for triplets or something, so she can win this contest. 😹😹😹😹🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

I know it's just a contest in her head, just putting this out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
OR

i know what you mean, i think if one person wants it and the other doesn’t that should have come out in the wash long before that point. i’ve been with my boyfriend for 7 years this year and we’re not engaged/married yet. we talk about it all the time and know we both want to but we prioritised buying a house and having a baby. i get the impression carrie & oliver never had those conversations, or if they did, he outright told her he wasn’t interested in marriage and she just tuned that out assuming he’d change his mind. dangerous game.

Reactions: 23
View attachment 2082646
She’s so desperate to make it seem like she’s been a wife for so long. Carrot, you’ve been together for 5 minutes, the in-laws have probably been in town ONCE since you started dating their ogre spawn 😂
They're like £1.50 a bag petal, it's hardly present of the year?!

Got to be a big bag from Neuhaus, Venchi, Laderach, Fortnums or of the other ludicrously priced chocolate shops in the West End to make me sit up and take notice :p

Hope she doesn't sit there noisily opening them mid-play 😂

Far more interesting than which cheap-ass sweets your "in-laws" buy (said like she's known them for years 😉 ) would be whether they've forgiven you for depriving them of their son's wedding day yet - because I bet they haven't!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
To be fair Carrie is the one that done that not Ollie! She is the one that suddenly "got over" a 5 year relationship in a heartbeat met and married someone in months!!
The difference is Ollie looks genuinely happy and in love

Reactions: 25
I wanna see it 😂
View attachment 2084002
‘Daughter in law’- Joel’s mums another one that can’t use names.
I love that mum-in-law says she is seeing "Sheridan" and not "Shirley Valentine".

Odd that Carrot hasn't launched into a diatribe about it being the character not the actress that you go to see?
"Gail - we paid for Shirley Valentine and we got to see Shirley Valentine. Don't make it about Sheridan Smith please"

😝

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Why can’t she see that the way she posts about her and Joel and her new in-laws etc is what drums up most of the narrative we all believe.

If you’re happy, be happy and get on with your life. Happy people just be, they don’t need validation from others and they don’t need to prove their happiness to anyone else because when you’re genuinely happy and at peace, you really don’t care what anyone else thinks.

You’re allowed to post your husband and in laws, of course. Happy people do that too, just look at Oliver. We can see his happiness with the little he has shared, but the constant posting and declaring of love, and big long winded stories and posts “addressing” topics that clearly bother her just screams TOO MUCH!

She’s handled it all wrong to try and come across as unbothered and happy as she claims to be.

Here she is sharing a direct link to her new mother in laws page inviting more opinions in. In a few days, she’ll be moaning about how folk have been attacking her mother in law in one way or another - when she herself has opened her up to it.

Reactions: 21
I'll admit the comments/jokes on the mother in law's appearance make me comfortable and I find them out of place.

I'm all about making comments about Carrie and Joel's appearance and I've done that, these are their threads and they're annoying twats. But their parents have nothing to do with that, they should be kept out of it IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 120
I'll admit the comments/jokes on the mother in law's appearance make me comfortable and I find them out of place.

I'm all about making comments about Carrie and Joel's appearance and I've done that, these are their threads and they're annoying twats. But their parents have nothing to do with that, they should be kept out of it IMO.
Me too. She's a middle-aged woman going to the theatre, appearance isn't everything. She looks absolutely fine.

Reactions: 65

100%. We don’t know anything about his Mum nor should we so parents should be out of bounds.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.