Carrie Hope Fletcher #63 Andrew Lloyd Webber's costly mistake

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She clearly cannot let go of the life with Oliver that she had planned out in her head. She wanted him to propose and for them to get married, so she’s just done it with the first person who came along.
I think it goes back further than that, sure, Oliver was the "prince" in her mind and she thought they were going to get married and have a picture-perfect life but she seems to have been holding to this rigid idea of "must be married by 30 and have kids" even before they got together - from childhood probably, Disney movies and seeing her parents' and Tom and Gi's relationships

Althhough it still boggles my mind as to how were JoJo and his bizarre hairline moving in with her on the first date? I seriously think, either on the date itself or when he went sliding into her DMs, that they had a discussion and laid out expectations and agreed to get married very quickly. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's essentially a business transaction, not the whirlwind fairytale romance they want to pretend they have

Reactions: 27
This reminds me of a woman I used to work with; she was supposed to be getting married, had the venue etc all booked, when they broke up. A year later to the day she got married to someone else in the SAME venue, wearing her original wedding dress and using all her original decor. She’s now divorced…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
The in-laws 😂 not Joel’s parents, no. Her whole personality right now is being married. She doesn’t care about the man she married, just that he gave her this status of being a wife, of being able to say she’s married.
The in-laws have probably seen her most recent outfit choices, assumed she is some sort of maturing bag lady (because they know absolutely duck all about her since she’s been around for all of 2 minutes) and thought granny sweets would be an appropriate gift 👵🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I think it goes back further than that, sure, Oliver was the "prince" in her mind and she thought they were going to get married and have a picture-perfect life but she seems to have been holding to this rigid idea of "must be married by 30 and have kids" even before they got together - from childhood probably, Disney movies and seeing her parents' and Tom and Gi's relationships

Althhough it still boggles my mind as to how were JoJo and his bizarre hairline moving in with her on the first date? I seriously think, either on the date itself or when he went sliding into her DMs, that they had a discussion and laid out expectations and agreed to get married very quickly. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's essentially a business transaction, not the whirlwind fairytale romance they want to pretend they have
Jojo and his bizarre hairline 💀💀

I do think she’d have told him on their first date. I want to be engaged by the time I’m 30 so if you’re not willing to do that don’t bother

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Making out it’s some age old tradition of them giving her fox’s sweets - you’ve literally know them less than a year 🙄
This is the same gal who is always sharing her food preferences so that people bring it for free to stage door or the company sends her some. She's never mentioned these. Don't buy that they're a favorite

Reactions: 21
Does Joel have any siblings? The only family he has ever talked about is his mum and aunt. I wonder if his dad is in the picture? Bit weird to say 'in-laws' if it's literally only his mum. Carrie has only ever talked about his mum too.

Reactions: 16
The in-laws 😂 not Joel’s parents, no. Her whole personality right now is being married. She doesn’t care about the man she married, just that he gave her this status of being a wife, of being able to say she’s married.
To be fair she's probably referring them to them like that because she's not spent enough time with them to know their names or be on a first name basis... 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Does Joel have any siblings? The only family he has ever talked about is his mum and aunt. I wonder if his dad is in the picture? Bit weird to say 'in-laws' if it's literally only his mum. Carrie has only ever talked about his mum too.
He does have a dad, still with his mum I think. I always thought he was an only child, but I’m not sure if he’s got a sister after seeing someone on insta refer to him as brother (not in a “you’re my bro” way.😝) She looks mid 40’s

Reactions: 11
He does have a dad, still with his mum I think. I always thought he was an only child, but I’m not sure if he’s got a sister after seeing someone on insta refer to him as brother (not in a “you’re my bro” way.😝) She looks mid 40’s
ah okay! considering how much he speaks, it's odd that he's never said anything about them besides his mum/aunt/godchildren

• Haha
Reactions: 12
There was a boy who featured in the Hermes Diaries who could've been his nephew/godchild/both - can't remember.

Reactions: 8
She’s like Julia Robert’s in runaway bride “you don’t even know what kind of eggs
You like”
I forgot she had a thing for tea/mugs pre Oliver.

I’ve followed carrie since the dearCarrie/Tom/gi days. I’ve literally never seen her even mention foxes sweets.

Reactions: 24
I hope both Oliver and Alessia are Ok. Must be weird for Alessia with Camilla’s Carrie’s continued fight to be the third wheel in ‘there were three of us in this marriage relationship’.
Carrie is still obsessed with them. Carrie has to ask herself these questions, and the answers probably terrify her because then she’d be in the wrong and have to look at herself:

1. Did Oliver not want marriage, or did he just not want to marry her?

2. Did Oliver not like tattoos, or did he just not like the tattoos she wanted to get?

3. Was Carrie really not allowed to dress how she wanted or did she feel the need to up her game so Oliver kept interested?

Reactions: 28
Carrie is still obsessed with them. Carrie has to ask herself these questions, and the answers probably terrify her because then she’d be in the wrong and have to look at herself:

2. Did Oliver not like tattoos, or did he just not like the tattoos she wanted to get?

3. Was Carrie really not allowed to dress how she wanted or did she feel the need to up her game so Oliver kept interested?
Reckon you've hit on something there. I don't think it was ever about Oliver not letting her wear certain clothes - but I bet he made it clear that he didn't find it attractive when she dressed like a tatty bag lady. She's never been super stylish but she definitely made more effort pre-Oliver and early in their relationship. I bet he told her that the just-dipped-myself-in-glue-and-rolled-through-Oxfam look does nothing for him, and she took that to mean that she's not allowed to dress how she wants.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Reckon you've hit on something there. I don't think it was ever about Oliver not letting her wear certain clothes - but I bet he made it clear that he didn't find it attractive when she dressed like a tatty bag lady. She's never been super stylish but she definitely made more effort pre-Oliver and early in their relationship. I bet he told her that the just-dipped-myself-in-glue-and-rolled-through-Oxfam look does nothing for him, and she took that to mean that she's not allowed to dress how she wants.
Maybe Joel was like 'I will love you even if you look like the pigeon lady from home alone 2' and she took it as a challenge or maybe even literally.

Even in the Alex/Pete era she never dressed like this did she? She's full on leant into the quirky author aesthetic and gave everyone whiplash.
---

1. Oli probably felt pressured by Carrie into marriage. Maybe if she wasn't hellbent on marrying before 30 and was a lot more chill, he would have considered it in the future.

2. Carrie probably saw his exes/ celebrity crushes/ girls photos he liked on IG in the past and noticed they had no tattoos. Therefore she probably thought he dislikes them because the girls he found attractive didn't have them. But Carrie had tattoos, so by that logic he never would have dated her if he hated tattoos that much? And hers are... questionable/blotchy

3. See above answer. He knows how to dress himself. She maybe also saw how his exes/crushes etc dress themselves. There was probably a bit of pressure that she put on herself to dress a certain way but I don't believe for a second that Oli forbid her to wear certain things. Carrie probably dressed a certain way early days to attract him, and kept it that way- Oli had never known anything other than what Carrie wore around him. Her choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I was just having a skim through the Bad Cinderella soundtrack on Spotify to get a feel for how bad everyone says it it. There are like two decent songs but the rest is truly awful, and without having seen the show Cinderella comes across as a dickheaded pick me rather than a fierce example of an independent woman. However, my absolute favourite moment from one of the songs (So Long reprise) is when Carrie in character says this:

[CINDERELLA, spoken]
What? This is crazy
You can't just marry some random stranger, what are you thinking?

….. Oop …..

0ABCBEEA-B72A-435A-96B1-056F1FFD0F2D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Carrot living that Jane Eyre life.

‘Reader, I married him. A quiet wedding we had: he and I, the parson and clerk, were alone present....

I have now been married ten years one month. I know what it is to live entirely for and with what I love best on earth. I hold myself supremely blest — blest beyond what language can express; because I am my husband's life as fully as he is mine. No woman was ever nearer to her mate than I am: ever more absolutely bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh. I know no weariness of my Edward’s Joel’s society: he knows none of mine, any more than we each do of the pulsation of the heart that beats in our separate bosoms; consequently, we are ever together. To be together is for us to be at once as free as in solitude, as gay as in company. We talk, I believe, all day long: to talk to each other is but a more animated and an audible thinking. All my confidence is bestowed on him, all his confidence is devoted to me; we are precisely suited in character — perfect concord is the result’

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Maybe Joel was like 'I will love you even if you look like the pigeon lady from home alone 2' and she took it as a challenge or maybe even literally.

Even in the Alex/Pete era she never dressed like this did she? She's full on leant into the quirky author aesthetic and gave everyone whiplash.
---

1. Oli probably felt pressured by Carrie into marriage. Maybe if she wasn't hellbent on marrying before 30 and was a lot more chill, he would have considered it in the future.

2. Carrie probably saw his exes/ celebrity crushes/ girls photos he liked on IG in the past and noticed they had no tattoos. Therefore she probably thought he dislikes them because the girls he found attractive didn't have them. But Carrie had tattoos, so by that logic he never would have dated her if he hated tattoos that much? And hers are... questionable/blotchy

3. See above answer. He knows how to dress himself. She maybe also saw how his exes/crushes etc dress themselves. There was probably a bit of pressure that she put on herself to dress a certain way but I don't believe for a second that Oli forbid her to wear certain things. Carrie probably dressed a certain way early days to attract him, and kept it that way- Oli had never known anything other than what Carrie wore around him. Her choice.
I mean of course you adjust to the person you are living with. She even exercised, switched to coffee with him... and of course if he dumped her she'll try to antagonize him in any way. But if she is a narcisisst (from what someone said it's their pattern of excessive copying kind of behaviour) maybe Oliver just didn't like the parts of her she changed and you don't know which toxic behaviours she has on the side that he couldn't take after years together. Living with someone like that is a struggle.

Reactions: 13
Of course people adapt/change in a relationship that’s natural. But it’s like she’s said she wasn’t “allowed” to wear what she liked when with Oliver. So she’s over compensating with Joel to seem like isn’t he so great and supportive she wears these bizarre outfits. The wizard coat, the clashing prints and the horrific hair colour to name a few.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.