Carrie Hope Fletcher #62 West End Star Oliver Ormson's Ex

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excuse me while I puke. The whole thing is way too much. The lyrics, the staring, the hand holding :sick:

For me its the fact Joel seems to have a kim kardashian bum....but yes the singing is...a choice

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Excuse me while I puke. The whole thing is way too much. The lyrics, the staring, the hand holding :sick:

His voice seems really weak on the higher notes (sue me but I don't hate it otherwise). . . but was no other tenor available? I swear if they start being the go-to to workshop these romantic duets because they're married 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
For me its the fact Joel seems to have a kim kardashian
I was thinking exactly the same. 😹😹😹

Also they can sing the most romantic song in the world, Carrie still will not have an ounce of the enthusiasm she had around Ollie. It's always gonna look forced with Joel and Carrie.

Reactions: 28
Just googled that musical to see if I could find anything and found this review with a bit of a synopsis….bit close to home if it is the same show. It does mention how the lyrics aren’t very good in some of the songs and listening to the video I didn’t think the lyrics were very good, so may very well be the same show.
it pains me to admit Joel has a nice Voice, totally agree about his arse - it’s so womanly 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Joel´s voice sounds better than Carrie´s in that. Carrie´s voice sounds very strained at the high notes, and as always, she´s drowning out her singing partner. Lyrics are cringe, and the melody reminds me of several much better songs, which is annoying, because I keep hoping it´s going to turn good, but then it just keeps being very much sub-par. I could not care less how his body looks, I don´t comment on that sort of thing - people don´t have any way to change the way their body is naturally shaped. Don´t worry, that´s just my opinion, just like yours is an opinion - don´t come at me, we´ve had enough back-and-forths about this topic

Reactions: 21

Do we think this is the way it’ll go now. Concerts where they’ll sing ‘together with a duet and solo’ and then finding projects where they can sing together.

• Sick
Reactions: 10

Shocking! NEITHER of them can pronounce the word can't! They say caaawwwnt and it just sounds daft! I caaawwwnt cope!🤣😅😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As much as I was looking forward to getting my first thread title winner, Carrie will absolutely hate being linked back to ALW and Cinderella which is hilarious.
Especially since she was like “Well I’M playing the LEAD in ALW’s brand spanking new musical!!!”

Reactions: 6
Do we think this is the way it’ll go now. Concerts where they’ll sing ‘together with a duet and solo’ and then finding projects where they can sing together.
Carrie’s name no longer sells tickets or puts bums in seats like she thought and her brand has been tarnished through Cinderella flopping. She’s ageing out of the younger roles she would’ve gotten before and doesn’t have the comedic chops or dancing ability required for older roles. Her only option is to merge her brand with his and be seen as a unit that come together and a West-End power couple.

Reactions: 14
Must say I prefer Joel's voice to Oli's!
I agree, Oliver´s voice (and lack of acting abilities) was never my thing. Always sounded a bit nasal, not a very rich voice, and only has about two facial expressions when "acting through song". Kinda like Carrie.

Reactions: 18
I´ve posted this before, but Ahmed Hamad is brilliant at acting through song (and at singing). He´s so good!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm personally not a fan of Joel's voice, he sounds to me like a side character from Glee; one that to my untrained ears sounds a bit reedy at times.
But compared to Carrie's loud screeching he's an angel. Carrie's shatter the eardrums vocals woke up my cat that then came to bite me as natural consequence of that torture session.
I can't even complain, I deserved that lol

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I´ve posted this before, but Ahmed Hamad is brilliant at acting through song (and at singing). He´s so good!

I remember Oliver saying in a video that Lucas was his least favourite role because he thought the character had nothing about him, being the straight man in the show to contrast with the AF but idk man this video kind of goes to show that he still could have made the character interesting?

I actually think Carrie sounds good in that video but the song is dire and why is Joel so dummy thicc

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We are living in a golden age of Carrie thread titles.

Every single suggestion is good enough to be chosen.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.