Carrie Hope Fletcher #53 Terrible taste in men, it's never her, it's always them

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely, obesity isn’t an outright indication that you’ll struggle to conceive. There are lots of obese people who have no issue conceiving, and many slim, healthy people who have issues.

However, in the UK at least, your weight does have a massive impact on your treatment during pregnancy. If your BMI is 30 or above at your 8 week midwife appointment, you’ll automatically be classed as a “high risk” pregnancy. Which means you’ll have to have extra appointments often with consultants, you’re at a higher risk of gestational diabetes, and it will limit your birth choices and you’ll probably have to be induced at term and not allowed to go over at all.

If Carrie is serious about having a baby, she really needs to start looking after her health. Not purely from a weight/aesthetic POV, but to give her the best chance of a happy, healthy pregnancy and birth. Pregnancy and birth is traumatic on the body, even if you are in top shape!
Her BMI is no way 30 or above! She’s gained weight but everyone here keeps talking about her like she’s about to audition for my 600lb life

Reactions: 41
Her BMI is no way 30 or above! She’s gained weight but everyone here keeps talking about her like she’s about to audition for my 600lb life

She says she is obese here, 4-5 years ago http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/09/promoting-obesity.html

Obese BMI threshold is 30. Since this post 4-5 years ago, Carrie has gained a significant amount of weight. Thus, her BMI has gone up a few points (unless she magically grew in height).

The notion that obese automatically means 600 lbs is a bit strange. Obese doesn't mean a person is no longer capable of getting in and out of bed, it's just a scale to show that someone is carrying significantly more weight than is good for their body and joints.

Reactions: 33
She says she is obese here, 4-5 years ago http://www.carriehopefletcher.com/2018/09/promoting-obesity.html

Obese BMI threshold is 30. Since this post 4-5 years ago, Carrie has gained a significant amount of weight. Thus, her BMI has gone up a few points (unless she magically grew in height).

The notion that obese automatically means 600 lbs is a bit strange. Obese doesn't mean a person is no longer capable of getting in and out of bed, it's just a scale to show that someone is carrying significantly more weight than is good for their body and joints.
I know obesity starts at a BMI of 30 but I wouldn’t have thought hers was. People on here keep talking about her like she’s heading towards 600lb

Reactions: 3
My BMI charts as obese. I’m a comfortable size 14 and 5ft 7. I don’t feel obese and don’t look overweight - in my opinion, but that’s what the chart says 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would guess Carrie would chart as obese, not body shaming.

Reactions: 25
Shame Carrie and Joel didn't get the jizz ears to go with their diarrhoea tops.

View attachment 1935567
‘Minnie is dripping with excitement’ is a really vile sentence

Also if Joel and Carrie are claiming to know each other better than anyone else after this short a period of time, they really need to examine their other relationships

• Haha
Reactions: 33
However, in the UK at least, your weight does have a massive impact on your treatment during pregnancy. If your BMI is 30 or above at your 8 week midwife appointment, you’ll automatically be classed as a “high risk” pregnancy. Which means you’ll have to have extra appointments often with consultants, you’re at a higher risk of gestational diabetes, and it will limit your birth choices and you’ll probably have to be induced at term and not allowed to go over at all.
I know this is OT but I just wanted to add to this as I don't want people reading this and panicking about their BMI and how they will be treated whilst pregnant. I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and started with a BMI of 31. Based in the UK.

At my hospital I've not had this experience. I haven't been classified as high risk, nor have I had consultant appointments. Weirdly no one has even been monitoring my weight during the pregnancy. I did have the GD test as a result of my BMI but this is honestly fine and you can refuse. Induction in the UK is a bit of a complex topic but they can't induce you without your consent. Also the NICE guidelines (or maybe WHO - sorry can't remember which) states that a woman's high BMI shouldn't be allowed as a reason to limit their birth choices. But unfortunately some hospitals will.

However I do know this varies depending on what hospital you are at so appreciate that people may have had different experiences. Annoyingly there is a bit of a clash between what a hospital's policies are and therefore what they tell pregnant people vs what their actual rights are.

I may have just been lucky but I've found so far the NHS has been really good with me and I haven't been fat shamed at all. Ofc ideally we would all like to be at our best before pregnancy, but as Carrie always says BMI is not an indicator of someone's health (which is something I actually agree with her on). Muscle weighs heavier than fat so some athletes actually fall within a high BMI and they're obviously super fit. (But that's not to say I use this as a reason to ignore my BMI). Annoyingly BMI is also a bit of a complex topic so can been difficult to comment on.

Sorry back to Carrie now, I just wanted to add a bit of reassurance in case anyone was a bit worried about their BMI and pregnancy. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Yeah off topic (someone in the medical field said this before) but BMI shouldn't be used to assess an individual. It was developed to assess whole COUNTRIES. Waist to height measurement is way better. Any woman with decent muscle mass will easily drift into the overweight category which is stupid.

Reactions: 29
She’s running winter run tomorrow as am I. She’s in the red wave and I’m dropping back to that wave to start with my friends. I’ll report back on the hair colour if I see her in RL!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Acting like they are the world's most unique couple for running together definitely warrants an eyeroll. But if Joel and Carrie are on a fitness journey together, I say good for them. Great that they can share experience together besides eating obscene amounts of food.
---

Carrie has expressed in the past that she snores really loudly. I remember at one of those YouTube conventions her friend tweeting a joke about hearing her snore from the hotel room next door. I reckon they're probably both loud snorers
Everything about Carrie is loud. Her voice, her snoring, her hair, and her desperation.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I know this is OT but I just wanted to add to this as I don't want people reading this and panicking about their BMI and how they will be treated whilst pregnant. I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and started with a BMI of 31. Based in the UK.

At my hospital I've not had this experience. I haven't been classified as high risk, nor have I had consultant appointments. Weirdly no one has even been monitoring my weight during the pregnancy. I did have the GD test as a result of my BMI but this is honestly fine and you can refuse. Induction in the UK is a bit of a complex topic but they can't induce you without your consent. Also the NICE guidelines (or maybe WHO - sorry can't remember which) states that a woman's high BMI shouldn't be allowed as a reason to limit their birth choices. But unfortunately some hospitals will.

However I do know this varies depending on what hospital you are at so appreciate that people may have had different experiences. Annoyingly there is a bit of a clash between what a hospital's policies are and therefore what they tell pregnant people vs what their actual rights are.

I may have just been lucky but I've found so far the NHS has been really good with me and I haven't been fat shamed at all. Ofc ideally we would all like to be at our best before pregnancy, but as Carrie always says BMI is not an indicator of someone's health (which is something I actually agree with her on). Muscle weighs heavier than fat so some athletes actually fall within a high BMI and they're obviously super fit. (But that's not to say I use this as a reason to ignore my BMI). Annoyingly BMI is also a bit of a complex topic so can been difficult to comment on.

Sorry back to Carrie now, I just wanted to add a bit of reassurance in case anyone was a bit worried about their BMI and pregnancy. ☺
Glad you said this! This was my experience too. BMI 30ish both pregnancies, had diabetes check as strong family history but that’s it. Two uncomplicated births, one at home.

ANYWAY. I’ve got the last thread to catch up on! 👋🏻

Reactions: 11
She’s only just replying to the tiny stack of letters she got during CCC last October. She’s been so busy? 🙄
Go easy on her, she's had a whirlwind engagement and so many Tattle threads to get through
---

‘Minnie is dripping with excitement’ is a really vile sentence

Also if Joel and Carrie are claiming to know each other better than anyone else after this short a period of time, they really need to examine their other relationships
This is what I can't get my head around. That and all the "we're so different, we sit and talk!!" You know that's not true because you've presumably had conversations with people throughout your life. It's not novel

• Haha
Reactions: 16
BMI is a load of bullshit so she probably is classed as obese, but obviously doesn’t look stereotypically obese.
I’ve been ‘obese’ my last pregnancy and I still am for my current pregnancy and there’s been no problems and I much prefer the extra scans you get rather than having your bump measured!

Any way I’ll stop with the chat that belongs on mumsnet and go back to thinking about how crispy Carries hair must feel

Reactions: 15
That clip of them in Blue Lagoon when Carrie closes her eyes and pretends to feign contentment. You’re not that good an actress Carrie 🙄

I’m personally not worried about her because this shitshow is very entertaining but it is quite funny to see the self delusion in progress

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I didn’t mean to scare anyone with the high BMI in pregnancy talk! Having a BMI 30+ (which IMO Carrie does. Not saying she’s huge, but I’m on the obese borderline at a UK size 14 and 5’7”) doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have a complicated pregnancy or birth. But a lot of NHS trusts will treat you differently. I’ve heard of people not being allowed to have a home or birth centre birth, or go to term, because of their BMI when they were otherwise healthy.
As it goes, I had 2 completely healthy and textbook pregnancies but utterly tit births, one being a cat 1 c section, so you never know what can happen!
---

Anyway, back to Carrie and Joel muscling in on her run. Maybe I’m projecting but for me, my running and walking is “me” time where I just switch off and think. I’d be so annoyed if my partner tried to involve himself in it, and he’s nowhere near as annoying as Joel! I’m any other couple it wouldn’t be an issue but if feels like yet another example of him not letting her have anything for herself and having to involve himself in every aspect of her life. It’s feels so suffocating, and I’m only watching from the outside!

Reactions: 7
Anyway, back to Carrie and Joel muscling in on her run. Maybe I’m projecting but for me, my running and walking is “me” time where I just switch off and think. I’d be so annoyed if my partner tried to involve himself in it, and he’s nowhere near as annoying as Joel! I’m any other couple it wouldn’t be an issue but if feels like yet another example of him not letting her have anything for herself and having to involve himself in every aspect of her life. It’s feels so suffocating, and I’m only watching from the outside!
I think the weirdest part of that was how she clearly thinks the same as you do and wrote a whole ass essay justifying why it was nice to have him join in. Some couples like running together which is totally valid but it's not something you make an Instagram post over

Reactions: 5
BMI is a load of bullshit so she probably is classed as obese, but obviously doesn’t look stereotypically obese.
I’ve been ‘obese’ my last pregnancy and I still am for my current pregnancy and there’s been no problems and I much prefer the extra scans you get rather than having your bump measured!

Any way I’ll stop with the chat that belongs on mumsnet and go back to thinking about how crispy Carries hair must feel
She clearly doesn’t believe that she’s overweight, or if she does, she doesn’t have a problem with it. In that one blog post, iirc she viewed her doctor as a meanie hater for even suggesting she was unhealthy.

Reactions: 6
Apparently some scammers got hold of her credit card info and tried to spend a large amount of money, but the bank realised it seemed out of the ordinary and stopped it
She said the scammers tried to call her too.

She said also she had to get the police involved about something else but wouldn't say what (classic attention-seeking behaviour)

But as @TechnicallyNo said, it was a non-event really
Still convinced that the scammer was No Neck 😂🤡😂
---

What’s a soulmate? Not bleeping this 🤢😳
What. A. CREEP. 😂🤡😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
So intrigued to see Carrie’s ‘running’ result tomorrow. Has she ever actually run any of these races she’s done? Or just jogged a bit then walked?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.