Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mark81

VIP Member
Snog - Oliver
Marry - the first person who asks
Avoid - any self awareness or responsibility
Kill - her career

• Haha
Reactions: 148

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Thought something juicy had happened but it was just infighting 🙃 Guys, it’s okay, none of us are Carrie so none of us have to feel bad about ourselves.
Literally.

However unhappy with your weight you are, remember you don't have the excess weight of a Joel attached to you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70

anon365

"I was a baby in every sense" - except you were 20???? Not 2 months? What the heck does she even mean? You weren't a baby in ANY sense?

• Haha
Reactions: 69

AvaKnight

Chatty Member
I'm so sorry that it's got to a point where you feel you need to step away, even if only for a bit, but good for you for both prioritising yourselves. If it's any consolation, I keep repeating the statement that was made by another Tattler (and I am so sorry, but I've forgotten their name!) - but the essence is the comments being made- while cruel and personal - are being directed towards Carrie specifically. It doesn't make it right, or fair, but it has soothed my brain when I have read a lot of posts on this thread in one go and felt more self loathing than I have in years. I don't mean this to come across cruelly either - but if you have never experienced issues with your body, or issues with food, you have no idea how damaging some commentary can be, regardless of whether it's directed towards one person or not and I think a lot of people simply don't realise that.

Genuinely, to me, the least problematic part of Carrie is her body. She has run a marathon, she's completed other races, and people can keep harping on about her BMI and the fact "anyone" could complete a 10k - but she's pretty fucking normal. I'm so uninterested in the discussions about her training or lack thereof, her body and it's changes - if I wanted that kind of commentary on women's bodies I could read the Daily Mail. I don't partake in loads of corners of Tattle, but weirdly this thread is the worst one I contribute to for criticism when it comes to the subject's body.

Sending supportive vibes to any person reading this thread that struggles with the body commentary. You are so much more than just your body, please know that xx

• Heart
Reactions: 68

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Oh hey, Carrie just pre-posted an exclusive, subscriber-only post that is going up on her Instagram in a few days, enjoy (disclaimer: I wrote this, not Carrie :cool::

"So three of my projects from last year were nominated at the What's On Stage awards, a prestigious honor that I've won several times in the past. This time I didn't win and that is so completely fine, because I've won before and I am happy to pass my crown to first time winner Jodie Comer, I am OBSESSED with her!! But sadly, there were some -just a very few- comments from people who seemed to relish in the fact that I somehow "lost" (can you really lose something you never had?). I would like those people to take a deep look into their hearts and think about what it means to win and to lose, and if they aren't the ones who have lost something, by celebrating someone else's loss. I think what it means is that those people have lost their hearts and souls. Unlike me. I have won. Everything."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Not sure if it's too long but here you go

Carrie Hope Fletcher #54 - Snog - Oliver,
Marry - first person who asks, Avoid - any self awareness or responsibility, Kill - her career
Doesn't fit, but we could get in "Carrie Hope Fletcher #54 - Snog - Oli, Marry - first person to ask, Avoid - responsibility, Kill - career"

• Haha
Reactions: 64

onasidequest

VIP Member
Is there anyway for people hide that photo in some kind of hidden/spoiler tag in future because I'm getting a bit tired of being jump scared every time I come on this thread. It's emotional assault.

• Haha
Reactions: 63

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Least interesting part of the discussion here is Carrie and her weight. However, people who boast about their food consumption while on holiday, listing meal by meal and each course are inviting the gluttony comments. It’s almost like she’s proud of the amount she’s eaten? Is there a difference between championing body positivity and simply over eating? This isn’t a ‘a tiny glimpse’ of what we see it’s been documented. It comes across as incredibly self indulgent while others struggle to buy the basics.
Similarly the commenters who can spend time here critiquing every aspect of her life but draw the line at weight when it hits close to home. It’s a little hypocritical?
I think we can all find something to draw comparison of ourselves in Carrie. Why is weight the last taboo? Genuinely interested.
Completely agree. Also, I really dislike it when Tattle turns into personal anecdotes and Why I'm Triggered. I've been triggered by a million and one mental health and parenting comments on Tattle but I ignore them because they're not about me and I don't assume anyone on the forum wants to hear about me.

• Heart
Reactions: 61