Carrie Hope Fletcher #49 Whoring her book to someone who's dying, doesn't get why that's mortifying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1855927

I want to speak to whoever made this list...
Managed to include her smug expression though.

Maybe in 2021 I could see why she was included but this year? her big west end lead flopped, she has had minor regional roles since and not in anything prestigious receiving average reviews, and she can't act well. Beyond a one night concert she isn't a box office draw, she isn't a talented actress, so I'm not sure how she got on this list as the evidence doesn't back it up.

It's actually insulting when you look at who else is in that picture with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Twitter scares her because normal people can see what an absolute twit she actually is and call her out.
Has she actually deleted her account after her latest, self-orchestrated drama? Such a loser.

I'm still not really over her newest display of what an asshole this drama queen can be. I shouldn't have been surprised, but this time Carrie truly outdid herself. Vile is a good word, Joel. For your lovely wife to be.

Reactions: 11
Managed to include her smug expression though.

Maybe in 2021 I could see why she was included but this year? her big west end lead flopped, she has had minor regional roles since and not in anything prestigious receiving average reviews, and she can't act well. Beyond a one night concert she isn't a box office draw, she isn't a talented actress, so I'm not sure how she got on this list as the evidence doesn't back it up.

It's actually insulting when you look at who else is in that picture with her.
To be displayed with Ian McKellen and Jodie Cromer is a joke

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Does Carrie have any jobs lined up between now and the Once concert in march?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think she "rediscovers" herself every time she has a new man in her life, tbh 🤷

Not that this is relevant to everything else that's going on in the absolute bin fire that is Carrie's life; but I had a thought. When they (Carrie and Joel) were on that live and Joel was discussing how he was trying to get Carrie to the locations so he could propose, and then she seemed to want to do her best to sabotage it? Part of me wonders if that was about causing hurt and pain because of the heartbreak *she* experienced post breakup. But, she can't hurt the person she wants to - Oli. So she had to go for the next best thing, which is Joel. Because I cannot fathom, genuinely, why would you behave that way otherwise. I might be wide of the mark here, but it was just something I was ruminating on!

Reactions: 30
Omg yes that too. It's always the exact same re-introduction (I'm a musical theatre performer and I love being a musical theatre performer!!). So that makes me wonder even more what the point is?

Although this time she did manage to sneak in a reference to her dad's old job at a factory haha. That was so smooth. Of course no mention of the musical theatre connections her parents had, or the famous brother who paid for her private education and got her into her career. No, she just got into musicals from watching them on tv with her working class mother 🙄
I don’t thing going to Disney like 15 times as a kid counts as “working class”, Carrie.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
When they (Carrie and Joel) were on that live and Joel was discussing how he was trying to get Carrie to the locations so he could propose, and then she seemed to want to do her best to sabotage it?
I think she was (and is) at war with herself. She wanted to be engaged before 30 and have all the boxes checked, but didn't want it to be with Joel. But she's not going to turn him down when it's "what she wants" and they're "so well matched". I actually think, unconsciously, she knows he was always going to be a rebound relationship for her but she's in too deep now, and I think she's too worried about how it will look if she calls it off to actually do it.

In her vlog, when she said that she relaxed (or something to that effect, can't remember the wording) when she saw Joel, that didn't strike me as genuine, but a kind of "oh, there is someone who will validate my insecurities about being alone and unwanted". That kind of 'I can get my needs met here' relief, not a legitimate homecoming feeling.

My biggest wish for Carrie is that she learns to be at peace with herself and to stop worrying about what other people think of her. She talk the talks but until she actually addresses that insecurity, nothing is going to change.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think she was (and is) at war with herself. She wanted to be engaged before 30 and have all the boxes checked, but didn't want it to be with Joel. But she's not going to turn him down when it's "what she wants" and they're "so well matched". I actually think, unconsciously, she knows he was always going to be a rebound relationship for her but she's in too deep now, and I think she's too worried about how it will look if she calls it off to actually do it.

In her vlog, when she said that she relaxed (or something to that effect, can't remember the wording) when she saw Joel, that didn't strike me as genuine, but a kind of "oh, there is someone who will validate my insecurities about being alone and unwanted". That kind of 'I can get my needs met here' relief, not a legitimate homecoming feeling.

My biggest wish for Carrie is that she learns to be at peace with herself and to stop worrying about what other people think of her. She talk the talks but until she actually addresses that insecurity, nothing is going to change.
And her weight issues likewise:
She talks body confidence but I’m not sure who she’s trying to convince when she says it, her audience or herself:

Reactions: 13
Absolutely, I couldn't agree more. In her roundup when she said about Joel coming towards her for a hug or something, his arms being open wide and something opening up in her or some such piffle - that's nothing to do with love, it's someone validating her and provide her with the feelings she wants (as you say!) - he was someone who came towards her so obviously "wanting" her, that's what opened up in her, not love. He also presented her with an opportunity to give Oli the finger because she's found someone. Absolutely nothing she presents, says, posts etc gives me the impression she has found the man of her dreams, she has simply found her opportunity for right now.

Reactions: 14
Just want to post this pic here from the last thread as i think it so well captures her smug 'i never do anything wrong' entitled arrogance

View attachment 1854710
I want to punch her. And I'm a very peaceful person that never thinks of violence, guess she brings out the worst in people because she is a poor excuse for a human being. I get the same instinct after watching 1 minute of her newest youTube video.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The Chitty vlogs are also watchable for that exact same reason. She was with Pete at the time, but she was on tour and she showed a lot of what tour life was like for her and lots of behind the scenes stuff. She was bit whiny about her accommodations, but all in all, those vlogs are some of her best. Interestingly, at the time she was also able to show up for warm ups in appropriate clothes and shoes ;D
Pete + Chitty era is when she seemed happiest and her content was at its best imo. Obviously we don’t know how she really was but it seemed that way at least.

I don’t care if other people don’t agree but I think Pete was her best looking ex that we know of. Even now he could 100% get it😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Her bleeping blush in that video 😭

She is so smug and up herself. Why do middle class girls always want to pretend to be working class like is it an aesthetic thing? Do they think all working class people are Oliver Twist and they can use it for their “rags to riches story? Do they think it makes them relatable to us normies?

Howling that she said “I’m engaged to someone called Joel Montague”. What a way to say it. Not “I’m engaged to my boyfriend Joel” not “I recently got engaged to my partner who is also in performing arts” She says it the way you’d recommend a nail bar “Oh I go to somewhere called Sallys Pretty Nails” HELPPPP 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
It always kind of bugs me when Youtubers make big announcement videos for the sort of content they're going to make, or videos just to say that they're going to be making more videos, or that they want to change from making this style of videos to that style of videos, etc. I'm always like... you know you could just go ahead and make them, right? We're not your managers who you need to present a new project and strategy to, just go ahead and make lots of videos and we'll notice you're making a comeback.

But yeah that was such a weird video. I feel like she's made some variation on it so many times as well? The "I used to be a different person, now I've grown up into another person, I'm not the honorary big sister anymore, I'm making more content but I want to put up boundaries" video. It always feels like she's not saying what she actually wants to say in those videos. Like, I genuinely don't get what the point of them is. Is it just her trying to distance herself from her past selves?

I'm tempted to one day make a compilation of all the times she's mentioned not being herself in the past but being herself now. I swear she's been saying that since she was 19. I think it was interesting in one of her instagram stories she mentioned being herself in Croatia, and not realizing she hadn't been herself until she was being herself. I think that sums it up. She's so out of touch with herself she's just on a constant journey of trying to divorce herself from her past and reinvent herself. While she seemingly just becomes more and more insecure, delusional and unstable.

Very weird.
Shes still treating youtube like its 2014, she isnt gonna last in the new content market

• Haha
Reactions: 30
The reinventing/reintroducing angle she pulls also comes off like she is pretending that her current self has always existed and she was hiding it. Rather than just admitting that she is one complete person, who like us all, has been happy then sad, then grown to find happiness in different forms (repeat adnauseam). It's a really emotionally immature way to see oneself, and I would be more understanding if it was 4 or 5 years ago, but being at a stage where you want kids and still having that mindset is not ideal.

Reactions: 20
Stage Top 100
She’s not ranked as such but appears alongside actors like Comer, McKellen, Mark Rylance and Giles Terrera.
Shame it’s from last year but uses a headshot from Heathers times. Time to get a shot that reflects the current look I think.

This is what it said.

‘Some actors have such a following that they are a producer’s dream when it comes to box-office appeal. Best known as a musical theatre performer, Fletcher started the year as the lead in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Cinderella. Sadly, her draw alone was not enough to sustain the show, which closed in June against a somewhat controversial backdrop. Fletcher diversified from musicals across the rest of the year – taking her loyal fans with her – first in The Caucasian Chalk Circle at the Rose Theatre, Kingston, before making her panto debut at the Marlowe in Canterbury.’

I think the list is intended to reflect the news of last year also when you look at who was number one so think Carrie got included for her contribution to the Cinderella drama

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
She is so smug and up herself. Why do middle class girls always want to pretend to be working class like is it an aesthetic thing? Do they think all working class people are Oliver Twist and they can use it for their “rags to riches story? Do they think it makes them relatable to us normies?
This always makes me so angry. Because genuine working class people can work themselves into the ground and never get anywhere in life because that's how the system is rigged. It's designed to keep people like us down at the bottom of the ladder, unable to progress without a lot of good luck and couple of leg ups.

Middle class people spoilt brats like her do not get it. They never do.

Carrie will never understand the frustration. The fact she romanticises being denied a chance to improve ones situation is infuriating.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
That just sums it up though—“I’m engaged to someone!! Doesn’t matter who, but oh, his name is xyz!!”

I love that other people picked up on the fact that she randomly talked about her parents totally-not-privileged jobs growing up?? That’s never been part of her countless ‘reintroducing me’ videos. Kind of shatters the illusion though when you’ve got Joel on a live talking about their cleaner and all the Disney holidays they’re planning on going on 🙄

I think my favourite part of the video though was her response to the question ‘what makes you happy?’ which was completely and seriously ‘talking’!? Not her fiancé, her cat, her family, her nephews, the theatre, reading, music etc. Nope, what makes Carrie Hope Fletcher the happiest in all the world is talking. Who’s surprised 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.