Carrie Hope Fletcher #46 Carrie Montague, there’s no Hope left

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part time playground bully but doesn't have it in her to be really evil? The reviewer does know they're there to review the panto and not the real life personalities of the people starring in it right?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
the reviews are in for Carrie-Bosse
The stage liked the panto broadly giving praise to the fairy and the dame but

Oh dear. For once critic proof Carrie doesn’t get a rave from a legit industry review.
‘Enthusiasm’ isn’t that a word used by teachers and usually reserved for those who don’t really have much talent but try hard in a school play?
Oh dear. The fact she's likened more to a bully than a villain. Ouch. For an actress, you'd think that she'd be able to act and convey the obvious difference. But I suppose it's easier when you have experience in being a bully 🤭

Oh dear. For once critic proof Carrie doesn’t get a rave from a legit industry review.
‘Enthusiasm’ isn’t that a word used by teachers and usually reserved for those who don’t really have much talent but try hard in a school play?
Oh dear. The fact she's likened more to a bully than a villain. Ouch. For an actress, you'd think that she'd be able to act and convey the obvious difference. But I suppose it's easier when you have experience in being a bully 🤭

Reactions: 11
What will the tantrum over this review look like? Will we get an over-explaining rant about how ill she was, yet soldiered through - but a critic doesn’t know/appreciate that? Or will there be another q&a on insta where she asks herself how she deals with less than glowing reviews?
She will double down about how this is her first panto blah blah blah, she was really sick that week, etc.

It’ll be typical Carrie to blame everything and everyone around her for her shortcomings but herself.

Reactions: 13
My folks got engaged after 3 months and were married within the year. They were married 42 years until we lost mum earlier this year. You're right it does happen - people meet, fall in love and just know. But with these two it looks and feels so hollow and everything they do seems like they're overcompensating.

I now use #soproud often because of this thread 🤣.
Had one of them got out of a long term serious relationship just weeks before?

People absolutely can have whirlwind romances and it work. I think the bigger issue is not so much the speed itself, but the fact she went from being heartbroken and being blindsided to a committed new relationship within weeks. Plus that everything is so performative and she always looks dead behind the eyes

Reactions: 19

Oh dear…..

Enthusiastic is usually the word to describe the chorus from the local school who have been drafted in to be part of the panto ensemble 😂

Her agent will not be happy with this review at all, an evil character is a GIFT for any actor to play.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh dear…..

Enthusiastic is usually the word to describe the chorus from the local school who have been drafted in to be part of the panto ensemble 😂

Her agent will not be happy with this review at all, an evil character is a GIFT for any actor to play.
She's literally playing maleficent/the wicked queen. It really shouldn't be that hard

Reactions: 12
A bit random but the thought came to me after watching the story about a Disney proposal - could she have thought that was going to happen at Disney? We thought Joel thought he was going but maybe SHE thought he was going to surprise her there? Hence random presents wrapped for a not planned Joelmas. If he made those t-shirts she must have known about them. Maybe she thought him making one for himself was a clue? Again … a random thought

Reactions: 17
I forgot to add, I can see Joel clapping back at that reviewer through his insta story just to say how he’s SO PROUD of Carrie despite what one meanie reviewer said.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was just thinking about #crackgate - could it not be seen as s*xual harassment? Like, if someone I worked with sent me a picture of their bare ass - I'd be going straight to HR! Would it not be the same for Instagram? It is still an unsolicited picture that I do not wish to see.

Reactions: 5
I’m not too familiar with Pantos, but is it common to have the characters name be a play on the actors?
It does happen, especially if the actor is somewhat well known. Panto is such a different style of show to the likes of musicals/plays so they take a lot of liberties with their stories. They will also have a lot of in-jokes in the script that will probably only work for that year (like ALW “jokes” in this panto and probably some other jokes related to other cast members) and really play up the campness and outrageousness of the storyline.

Reactions: 2
@marlowetheatre
One very specific Carrie review that looks like it was taken from posts here…
Someone needs to tell Alison that she is allowed to post her photos when she gets back home and has decent WiFi.

It isn't a case of post them at the theatre or don't bother. What a weird complaint.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
It does happen, especially if the actor is somewhat well known. Panto is such a different style of show to the likes of musicals/plays so they take a lot of liberties with their stories. They will also have a lot of in-jokes in the script that will probably only work for that year (like ALW “jokes” in this panto and probably some other jokes related to other cast members) and really play up the campness and outrageousness of the storyline.
Thank you!! They don’t really have Pantos where I live!

"Is it listed anywhere when Carrie isn't performing" :eek::eek:🤣🤣

B U R N
EMOTIONAL DAMAGE

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's literally playing maleficent/the wicked queen. It really shouldn't be that hard
In the finale clips of her singing with the fairy, if you took away the costume it’s indiscernible who is the ‘baddie’
She could be principal girl or the fairy herself.
She sings it completely as herself, with no villain moves, no little aside or moves to the audience, she’s just reverted back to Carrie with a giant set of horns on her head in a sing off with someone with a comparable set of lungs.
She has no grasp of character and just clearly wants to showcase her voice.

edit for spelling.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.