Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beanz17

Carrie Hope Fletcher #47 Oli and Alessia are hot as heck, while Carrie’s stuck with no neck Shrek 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 128

F0rg3tm3n0t

When I went through a break up at the same time as Carrie earlier this year, I thought I wouldn't find someone to make me happy again. I went thru all the stages... anger, sadness, considering a rebound... thank god I took care of myself first.
I passed my driving test after having a fear of driving from being in an accident, got a promotion at work, went on trips, started therapy, got healthy, and just got accepted into business school in the USA so I will be moving over next year.
I think Carrie and I had 2 different responses to our breakups. No shade - I hope hers works out for her

• Heart
Reactions: 84
The new Harry and Meghan…
[/QUOTE]

Except Harry and Meghan are dealing with actual bigotry and ostracization because they're an interracial couple in a family with generations of racists and colonizers. Carrie just thinks valid criticism is meanie haters.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

Freeelves

*TW: post about dark thoughts and suicide*

This probably hit a personal nerve but I really think Carrie needs to think more carefully when sharing things about suicide. Sometimes it feels like that she just posts things as a way to be seen as 'empathetic' or as a way of 'raising awareness' but she really needs to stop to think about the impact. Like she didn't put a trigger warning with that post and I think the message is really damaging.

I lost someone earlier this year to suicide after they had committed numerous suicide attempts and to say it was 'preventable' puts so much blame on the loved ones and on them. Unfortunately you can't always stop someone from committing, and it's not as simple as '13 reasons why'. This person tried so hard to get help, they tried different drugs, therapy, going for walks, focusing on work/hobbies, you name it they tried it and they were really open about their struggles, reaching out to family and friends. So to say it was 'preventable' is such an insult to people who try so hard every day to fight those notions and to the families who are supporting them during those difficult times.

I've also struggled with suicidal thoughts and from talking with my therapist I understand that those who struggle with these type of thoughts varies from ideation, to an urge, to actually acting on it. It acts like a spectrum and no one is the same in their struggles or how they experience it. Comparing it to a "building on fire" simplifies a very complex topic. I personally don't like this imagery as a fire burning is big and dramatic for everyone to see, and implies that something is seriously wrong, creates an image of panic to me. Whereas mental health normally is very subtle and isolating. It also suggests that it's an issue that needs 'to be put out' but suicidal thoughts can't always be extinguished.

In my experience one of the worse things about suicidal thoughts is that it is incredibly lonely, scary and you do feel like there is something incredibly wrong. I would describe it more like sitting in a dark, damp, abandoned building alone and you can gradually see the mould forming around you and you can see it approaching but you feel like there's nothing you can do. It's encompassing. And sometimes you manage to find the mould control (but unfortunately not always) and fix the building up but you are constantly aware of that mould coming back. Sometimes it does come back but the important thing to know, is that although it's scary and horrible, you are not broken or damaged.

I appreciate this is just my experience and for some it might feel more like a burning building. But that post really annoyed me with how belittling it was and I just wanted people to know that if anyone is struggling with those thoughts, you're not alone and it is absolutely horrible.

I'm so sorry if you're experiencing this but you're an incredible person and if you need help fighting that mould please do reach out to someone. Don't think you have to go through it alone, you do have someone who loves and cares for you, even if you can't see it right now. Whatever it is you need there is someone to help and you are worth it! Even if it's just needing someone to sit in the mould with you, or just paint over it for the day, or do the hard work of helping you attack it. I know it's hard to believe and hear but people do love you and you deserve that help.

Sorry for the long post, it's such an important topic and I'm aware that the above might be hard to read so didn't want to leave it on a brief note.

Love to you all! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 75

Lilu22

VIP Member
Don’t know about anyone else but when I’m feeling at my lowest, I don’t go and take a selfie with my thumbs up…

• Haha
Reactions: 73

awkwardjellyfish

Carrie Hope Fletcher #47: This year to save me from tears, I’ll give it to someone **special**

(Hi everyone. Just passing through!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

Ellie_Rose

That post makes me think that she’s seen Oliver’s New York photos and it’s getting to her. Very strange to still be talking about the break up while proclaiming how happy you are in your new relationship, imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Glitterberry

Chatty Member
I’m going to play devil’s advocate on the nakey picturee.

I wouldn’t get fired. Most people wouldn’t unless they had a job with a certain amount of power dynamic - teacher, police etc etc. I do a professional job but there’s no children or impressionable people involved in my work.

Their bodies, their choice.

Do I particularly want to look at it? Nope. Is it on brand for the kind of persona Carrie/Joel has put across in the past? Not really. Are they being totally pick me about it? Yep. Do I still support their right to post it? Unfortunately yep.

If her account was specifically aimed at children, I might have feelings about it. But it isn’t. And it’s not like they’re shagging and posting pics of it. They’re just bodies 🤷🏻‍♀️ If my kid saw it I’d say “yep, it’s a nudist beach” and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

awkwardjellyfish

Why? everything that he/she said did not occur.. Carrie's situation was only heavily dramatised. We do know now.. that Carrie isn't in danger (solely in an embarrassing and unappealing relationship- which is entirely her fault and nothing to save her from), and she isn't working on some grand plan/purge to investigate regarding her "bestest OR traitor friends".. and even if she is..? who cares? The infamous relationship-content only occurs in moderation at this point (disclaimer: compared to a couple of months ago. I'd still consider it excessive if it was any other person, but she has massively minimised her "plunged into happiness" -thing , in order to avoid further public scrutiny). Hence why I find that all of those secret insiders did not add anything valuable to the conversation at all (except the girl that knew exact details about the break-up between Oliver and Carrie).. featuring concrete objects such as the foot massager and camera. Carrie is finished 😅. She is now filming little videos in which she shouts "Look, look at me! I once sung a song that was half heartedly used by a former boy band.. 15 years ago" - while wearing horns that appear as if she crafted them herself, with hot glue and black easter basket material, hearing the faint noises of screaming little children in the background..begging her instagram followers to give her feedback (but only non constructive feedback) regarding her content so she won't lose them. Nothing is happening.. she is miserable, overweight (a shell of her former self) and bored to death.
Erm.. I never claimed she was in danger? I said I’d heard on the grapevine from ONE individual that they were concerned about the very public nature/breakneck speed of the relationship (rebound) and that they were psyching themselves up to have a word. Which I know for a fact happened.

There was someone else on here who chimed in at a similar time saying they had it on good authority that all of her friends and family were going to stage an intervention en masse, as well as a load of rumours about Oliver which I disputed at the time as I categorically know they’re not true, and so questioned the legitimacy of the poster.

Sorry I seem to have ruffled your feathers so much @Rarunkel babes but I’m afraid the bitch is back xoxo gossip girl

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61